Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

CANADIANPARROTHEAD
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 4

Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by CANADIANPARROTHEAD »

Hey fellow fiends,
My wife and I are going to Greatwoods this year!!!! YEAHHHH
we hope to run into old friends and make some new ones,

now the question, does anyone live in Boston or is familiar?? We are going there Thurs and Fri and were looking for the cool places to visit, see etc...yeah I know Baltimore is in town playing Boston, would LOVE to go there but...
anyways, if anyone has any suggestions, places to go, places NOT to go..
that'd be really cool!!!

Thanks!!!

Canadian Cousin!!
The Coast is Clear..............
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Great Woods (25 miles south east of Boston - very roughly) is, BY FAR, the best place to see Jimmy . . . . that being said while you are in town you NEED to get to:

1. Jake Ivory's on Landsdowne literally just outside of Fenway Park
2. Fenway Park - duh! HE BROKE THE CURSE
3. If you cannot get/ afford a ticket to Fenway Park you need to hit either: A. The Baseball Tavern on Boyleston Street, Tequilla Rain on Landsdowne Street, or Sissy K's up by Fanuel Hall
4. Olde Oyster House on Market Street - BEST OYSTERS EVER - "GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR AND I WILL FEEL FINE!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Water Works Bar in Qunicey . . . there are palm trees
6. The North End - huge area of great Itailian Restaurants - GREAT food!!!!!!!!!
7. The Harp - awesome Irish Bar - they know how to pour a Guiness
8. My house - BEST MARGARITAS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Did I forget the Cask and Flagon? Wow!!!!!!!! OR Kelley' Roast Beef in Revere - a short " T" (transit - subway) ride from Boston - 8 minutes? GET THE CLAM ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

in the Tailgate look for this guy..

CANADIANPARROTHEAD

Thanks!!

BTW does anyone know where this was moved too LOL
CANADIANPARROTHEAD

found it

:lol:
Rum_Runner
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes......
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & ??

Post by Rum_Runner »

Don't forget the Tiki Room on Landsdown St. as well. Tropical setting bar, outside tables, inside sometimes has a band. Very cool place, went there a couple of weeks ago for a corporate party.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Re: Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by BottleofRum »

CANADIANPARROTHEAD wrote:Hey fellow fiends,

now the question, does anyone live in Boston or is familiar?? We are going there Thurs and Fri and were looking for the cool places to visit, see etc...yeah I know Baltimore is in town playing Boston, would LOVE to go there but...
that'd be really cool!!!

Thanks!!!

Canadian Cousin!!
I will not name too many specific bars but if you are staying within Boston head towards the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area, there are many great bars catering to any style and taste and many have outdoor seating, just tell the cab driver you want to go to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and he will take you there, get out and walk around there are more bars in that area than I can count.. You can also head towards Fenway Park even without tickets to a game, there are plenty of bars around the park and with a game that night all will be awesome. Two of the bars across from Fenway have tropical theme The Tiki room (http://www.tikiroomboston.com/) which is where most of the BN crew hung out before the Buffett Fenway show, they also have outdoor seating and it a great place to be during and after a Red Sox game and Tequila Rain (http://www.tequilarainboston.com/) which is also connected to Jillians. Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and Fenway area is where I would head to.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
phenwayparrothead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by phenwayparrothead »

It really all depends what your looking for and what part of the city you are staying in. I've in the city for the past 5 years, and never live more than a half hour outside of it in my life, so I don't hit the touristy places that much anymore, but here is my quick tourists guide for Boston places to go (Outside of Fenway, which if you can afford to go to the game go, but it probably won't be cheap)
- I would suggest doing the majority of things on foot, there is a ton of history in this city, and if you take a cab or the "T" you might miss a lot of stuff you would see watching.
- Spend some time over by the State House, and stop in the original Cheers for a beer. Their are a couple of imitations in the city now, but its always nice to check out the original.
- Fanuel Hall is a great area especially on a nice day in the summer when its filled with tourists, locals, and street performers. Probably the biggest tourist spot over there for food and drink is the Union Oyster House. The food is just ok, but there how many restaurants are considered national historic landmarks? Read about its history here: http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/Pages/history.html
- The area around Northeastern University has the Museum of Fine Art, I know nothing about art, but even I can appreciate a lot of the stuff there. The section from ancient egypt iscool if your into stuff like that. Also across the street is the site of the first baseball World Series, home to the old Huntington Ave Grounds.
- For shopping Newbury Street is where people tend to spend all there money, there are some neat stores over there, but bring your wallet.
- For Buffett related things its kind of tough. There aren't many bars in the city where you can go and listen to some Jimmy in a good atmosphere. Tiki Room and Jake's were both mentioned. Jake Ivory's is hit or miss I've found, some nights it can be a blast, some nights not so much, really all depends on the type of crowd thats there. Tiki Room is good early evening, but there are a few nights it turns into a Hip Hop Bar, not the most relaxing Buffett style scene. Daisy Buchanon's is the bar Jimmy talks and is pictured on the Fenway DVD (the one Jimmy said was like going into the floor boards of hell and is owned by former Bruin Derek Sanderson) but I think its probably changed quite a bit since the night Jimmy borrowed a Boston taxi because its been around for 30 years now. (it's on Newbury St.) Its a good spot to look out for some of the city's professional athletes, I've seen members of the sox and Celtics there and have only been 4-5 times.
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Re: Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by aeroparrot »

CANADIANPARROTHEAD wrote:Hey fellow fiends,

that'd be really cool!!!

Thanks!!!

Canadian Cousin!!
PM me. I live in Boston. I am meeting a couple of your compadres (meaning Canadians) that weekend too.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

lilbigmutha

Post by lilbigmutha »

Places to Eat:

Italian, the only way to go!
1.) Giacomos on Hanover St. Boston
2.) Maggianos on Columbus Ave Boston

Places to See:
1.) Boston Common - with the Swan Boats
2.) Old North Church - where the steeple rang, starting the War for Independence
3.) Boston Public Library - if you like to read

Bars to go to:
1.) Cask and Flagon - near Boston Common - the inspiration for the TV show "Cheers"
2.) Boston Beer Works - seasonal and regular beers brewed on-site (50 varieties) as well as a menu with a wide variety of selections
3.) The Alley - 1 Boylston Place

That's about it!! And Hi everyone!! New Buffet fan here...!!

Linda
:D
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

lilbigmutha wrote:Places to Eat:

Italian, the only way to go!
1.) Giacomos on Hanover St. Boston
2.) Maggianos on Columbus Ave Boston

Places to See:
1.) Boston Common - with the Swan Boats
2.) Old North Church - where the steeple rang, starting the War for Independence
3.) Boston Public Library - if you like to read

Bars to go to:
1.) Cask and Flagon - near Boston Common - the inspiration for the TV show "Cheers"
2.) Boston Beer Works - seasonal and regular beers brewed on-site (50 varieties) as well as a menu with a wide variety of selections
3.) The Alley - 1 Boylston Place

That's about it!! And Hi everyone!! New Buffet fan here...!!

Linda
:D
The one near Boston Common is the Cask and Flagon? The one I know is the one near the Boston Beer Works.

lilbigmutha

OOPS!!

Post by lilbigmutha »

I meant the Bull and Finch!! Sorry about that!! :lol:

http://www.cheersboston.com/index_bh.htm
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Re: OOPS!!

Post by aeroparrot »

lilbigmutha wrote:I meant the Bull and Finch!! Sorry about that!! :lol:

http://www.cheersboston.com/index_bh.htm
No worries. I didn't know if the Bull and Finch got bought out. :D