Where to eat the original Cheeseburger?

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

CaptainP wrote:I have probably been to 20 restaurants that claim to be the place...
That's what I was thinking. So I guess it's not at the 10-year-old bar in the strip mall outside Grand Rapids? :-? :lol:
MileHighPirate
Gypsies in the palace

Re: Thank you Jimmy

Post by MileHighPirate »

catsway wrote:We just want to thank Jimmy for answering our question for this thread. While listening to the Atlantic City show from 8/24/08, he mentioned the location of that Cheeseburger in Paradise....Village Cay Marina in Road Town Tortola. So we will take the ferry over from Red Hook, St Thomas to Road Town, take a taxi over to Cane Garden Bay and have a dip. Boat drinks at Stanley's Welcome Bar, catch some tunes at Quitos Gazebo and then head back to Road Town and the Marina for dinner and cocktails before the ferry takes us back to Red Hook. Mission accomplished.
We will be jumping into your suitcase to go too!

Damn. Ready for a TASTY AND BIG CHEESEBURGER right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Re: Thank you Jimmy

Post by catsway »

MileHighPirate wrote:
catsway wrote:We just want to thank Jimmy for answering our question for this thread. While listening to the Atlantic City show from 8/24/08, he mentioned the location of that Cheeseburger in Paradise....Village Cay Marina in Road Town Tortola. So we will take the ferry over from Red Hook, St Thomas to Road Town, take a taxi over to Cane Garden Bay and have a dip. Boat drinks at Stanley's Welcome Bar, catch some tunes at Quitos Gazebo and then head back to Road Town and the Marina for dinner and cocktails before the ferry takes us back to Red Hook. Mission accomplished.
We will be jumping into your suitcase to go too!

Damn. Ready for a TASTY AND BIG CHEESEBURGER right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Ryan,
You, Kathy and Mac can come on down with us anytime! Hey, enjoy that show at Mile High with Bon Jovi and The Boss! we'll call before the Madonna show for the t-shirt for Cathi.
We miss you guys!
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
Missing B'dos
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear...
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra Old, coke, sweet lime, slight ice

Post by Missing B'dos »

Uh, gang? Cane Garden Bay and Roadtown are on OPPOSITE sides of Tortola. You have to go over this little mountain between them. Just so you know. Not longwise, like Sopers-where-the-ferry-goes-into vs. the airport-at-Beef-Island, but widthwise. The other ferry goes into Roadtown.
So tell your driver to take you specifically to Stanley's, not just the area.
"Oh, oh, all I want to know, is are you kind?"
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Where to eat the original Cheeseburger?

Post by chippewa »

Here's an audio clip that they play on Radio Margaritaville about the original Cheeseburger in Paradise. Jimmy talks about arriving in port at Village Cay Marina. 8)

cheeseburger.mp3