Who's Going to Nashville NOW 9/14/20

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

pleiades03
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 99

Who's Going to Nashville NOW 9/14/20

Post by pleiades03 »

We got some lawn tickets. Can't figure out the parking situation. Anyone ever been to the Ascend Amphitheater? The website had a link to parking that said it was for the Buffett show but it is the wrong date.
Patrice
Love in the library, quiet and cool.
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Re: Nashville 05/13/2020

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

Been there once. It’s right in the heart of downtown, so you just have to park wherever you can find a place. I found a lot where they took cash right around Bridgestone Arena and walked a few blocks.
pleiades03

Post by pleiades03 »

Thanks. I got in touch with the ParkWhiz guys and got a voucher for the correct date. Seems strange to have a venue with no parking, though.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

The football stadium is just across the river. Plenty of parking there obviously. Easy walk.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
pleiades03

Post by pleiades03 »

Hmmmm... that's an interesting alternative. Are the lots open when there's no games?
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

pleiades03 wrote: December 16, 2019 1:57 pm Hmmmm... that's an interesting alternative. Are the lots open when there's no games?
I can only offer an assumption that it would be.....but I don't know for sure, but this on the website gives the impression that part of it would be.
https://www.parkitdowntown.com/maps/asc ... er-parking
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'm on the fence about going to this show. The last time I was in Nashville was 7 years ago and I don't remember the name of the hotel where I stayed. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Now September 14th
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
WVParrothead

Re: Who's Going to Nashville NOW 9/14/20

Post by WVParrothead »

Time to give this thread a bump. One thread for all three shows? Separate threads? Anyone going to Nashville? Bueller? lol

I've got a ticket for the 16th. Will try Friday for the 6th and 8th. Reservations at the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway. Did have a room at the Quality Inn next to football stadium but their pool is closed for renovations.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by nckodo »

Trying for 7/6 tickets
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I also have reservations at the HIE for the show on the 16th. Decided to fly in so no traditional tailgating for me I guess. Was there in 2019 for the concert at the arena. Paid for the "pre-concert" tailgate at Margaritaville. It was totally not worth it unless your goal was just to consume as much alcohol as you possibly could.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

MDShark70 wrote: June 8, 2021 9:01 am I also have reservations at the HIE for the show on the 16th. Decided to fly in so no traditional tailgating for me I guess. Was there in 2019 for the concert at the arena. Paid for the "pre-concert" tailgate at Margaritaville. It was totally not worth it unless your goal was just to consume as much alcohol as you possibly could.
Did you still have to pay for each drink or was it all-you-can-drink for one price? I have some emails out to Nissan Stadium to see if they're going to open some lots to tailgate across the river.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: June 8, 2021 11:22 am
MDShark70 wrote: June 8, 2021 9:01 am I also have reservations at the HIE for the show on the 16th. Decided to fly in so no traditional tailgating for me I guess. Was there in 2019 for the concert at the arena. Paid for the "pre-concert" tailgate at Margaritaville. It was totally not worth it unless your goal was just to consume as much alcohol as you possibly could.
Did you still have to pay for each drink or was it all-you-can-drink for one price? I have some emails out to Nissan Stadium to see if they're going to open some lots to tailgate across the river.
You would think the stadium would have something going.
I stayed at that Quality Inn a number of years back when we went to a music festival Nashville has called "Live on the Green". The term "Quality" being used loosely. However I'm often all about location. Plus the pool & hot tub were functional....so there was that. The Quality Inn was a helluva lot cheaper than the HIE ....which of course is in a better location & much nicer, which we used the first time I was ever in Nashville.
MDShark70
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

WVParrothead wrote: June 8, 2021 11:22 am Did you still have to pay for each drink or was it all-you-can-drink for one price? I have some emails out to Nissan Stadium to see if they're going to open some lots to tailgate across the river.
It was one price for everything but we were in the smaller room with a limited view of the stage, the food was very mediocre and it's just so damn dark in there it wasn't a fun vibe for me. Maybe we'll try and hook up with some tailgaters before the show. It could get expensive "tailgating" on Broadway all day!
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Will this be your 100th show?!
MDShark70

Post by MDShark70 »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 8, 2021 12:32 pm Will this be your 100th show?!
Yes. Finally!
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 8, 2021 12:01 pm
I stayed at that Quality Inn a number of years back when we went to a music festival Nashville has called "Live on the Green". The term "Quality" being used loosely. However I'm often all about location. Plus the pool & hot tub were functional....so there was that. The Quality Inn was a helluva lot cheaper than the HIE ....which of course is in a better location & much nicer, which we used the first time I was ever in Nashville.
I thought the Quality Inn looked ok and had a decent location but then I realized they are in the middle of construction, a lot of recent reviews were complaining about said construction and the pool was closed. That was enough to make me cancel my reservation and head back across the river to Broadway. The HIE looks far enough away from the bar scene to where it's walkable but the noise shouldn't be too crazy at night.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: June 8, 2021 3:49 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: June 8, 2021 12:01 pm
I thought the Quality Inn looked ok and had a decent location but then I realized they are in the middle of construction, a lot of recent reviews were complaining about said construction and the pool was closed. That was enough to make me cancel my reservation and head back across the river to Broadway. The HIE looks far enough away from the bar scene to where it's walkable but the noise shouldn't be too crazy at night.
I shouldn't have bagged on the hotel so much. Rooms were fine, pool area fine. It just had a strange vibe to it. Certain parts were a bit like a Tri-level house. You went down a half level to a floor & would go up a half level in a certain area to a floor, making for some low hallway ceilings which gave a claustrophobic aura to it. Also some of these halls had a rounded curves to them, that gave you an impression you could get mugged in there cuz you couldn't see around a corner :o Then again, it was NashVegas. I may or may not have had booze in my veins for much of the trip :lol:
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Got my tickets this morning. 4th row and 5th row for the 6th and 8th. No Platinum markup. I'll take it.

Surprised at how slow ticket sales have been today for those new shows. Still a ton of seats left.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: June 11, 2021 1:50 pm Got my tickets this morning. 4th row and 5th row for the 6th and 8th. No Platinum markup. I'll take it.

Surprised at how slow ticket sales have been today for those new shows. Still a ton of seats left.
Nice job!
Maybe there is still more Covid big crowd hesitancy out there than I would have expected?