Which Vegas show do you plan on attending?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Which will you try to go to?

October 22st
30
45%
October 29th
30
45%
Both
6
9%
 
Total votes: 66

Lee2
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 205
Joined: January 29, 2003 4:09 pm
Number of Concerts: 48
Location: In the eye of the storm

Post by Lee2 »

I got tickets for the 22nd for myself and 4 of my traveling buddies. Looks like a good time again this year.
Image
I don't know where I'm aguna go

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

We went to both last year. I have to agree that the 2nd concert was better than the first....Not becuase Jimmy and crew were better, but becuase the crowd was better. The fist concert seemed to have a lot more of Jimmy's newer, country cross over fans and they were just not as familar with the body of his work. The second concert (and the last of the tour....) was mostly dyed in the wool parrotheads. Don't get me wrong, both concerts were awesome!
We had extra fun 'cause we went to San Diego in between and got to see the rain delayed show there as well! 3 concerts in a week..not too bad! only thing that could have topped it would to have seen Mac's performance as well!....Next time....
This go around we are going to both again with the hopes that he announces a SoCal or AZ venue in between the Vegas dates...Cummon jimmy, let's go for the 3fer!!!!!

On a different note....anybody noticed how slow the ticket sales are for these 2 shows???? I was looking just now and I could still get 8 tickets togther for all 3 price ranges.......I wonder if the word just isn't out or people are not wanting to fork over the dough....? On the other hand; WooHoo!!!! better seats for all....!
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

land_shark3
Here We Are
Posts: 9804
Joined: April 6, 2004 4:03 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Halfway here or halfway gone?

Post by land_shark3 »

Dutch Harbor PH wrote:On a different note....anybody noticed how slow the ticket sales are for these 2 shows???? I was looking just now and I could still get 8 tickets togther for all 3 price ranges.......I wonder if the word just isn't out or people are not wanting to fork over the dough....? On the other hand; WooHoo!!!! better seats for all....!
I don't think the second show last year ever sold out. Vegas is a different kind of crowd. First of all, the hotels don't start offering discounts on rooms for another couple months. Second, the ticket prices are so high. And third, anyone who starts planning Vegas now will wind up going at least once before the show; you know, for research. 8)
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

hydster
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 59
Joined: September 29, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by hydster »

AWWW come on mr. dutchie...you KNOW you had a better time at the first concert cause we were there :lol: :wink: blinking boobies and all! I have to agree that the $$$ for the tickets in Vegas is just downright ridiculous BUT since it's the easiest place for us to go we s*** it up every year...just cut back on other funds in order to go!!!

Still can't wait to get there! And Land_Shark good idea on the research of Vegas...think I can get hubby to agree to that even though we go at least 3-4 times a year????????? :wink:

hydster

ETA:I had no idea s uck was a bad word hence the **** in my post! weird
Last edited by hydster on June 21, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utah is where I live but Vegas is my home.

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

hydster wrote:AWWW come on mr. dutchie...you KNOW you had a better time at the first concert cause we were there :lol: :wink: blinking boobies and all! I have to agree that the $$$ for the tickets in Vegas is just downright ridiculous BUT since it's the easiest place for us to go we s*** it up every year...just cut back on other funds in order to go!!!

Still can't wait to get there! And Land_Shark good idea on the research of Vegas...think I can get hubby to agree to that even though we go at least 3-4 times a year????????? :wink:

hydster
Hey aren't you supposed to be at work or sumpthin' ??? And yes it is true that Having some girl (no names.....it was Vegas after all and your husband was watching!!!) fondling my flashing boobs was the highlight of the trip....... :o :o
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

hydster
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 59
Joined: September 29, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by hydster »

Work? What is that??? Sure I have 3 kids and laundry to fold along with a dirty house but dreaming about Vegas is WAAAY more fun!!! That's why I send the hubby to work so I can sit here and do this all day long with a few stops along the way to play referee. Hey I can't help it that your chest was flashier than mine......I may have to do something about that this time!!!!

I sure hope Mac plays LMS again because it was great in April (well what we remember anyway) I do have a pic with him to prove I was there however even if there are many fuzzy parts!
Utah is where I live but Vegas is my home.

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

hydster wrote:Work? What is that??? Sure I have 3 kids and laundry to fold along with a dirty house but dreaming about Vegas is WAAAY more fun!!! That's why I send the hubby to work so I can sit here and do this all day long with a few stops along the way to play referee. Hey I can't help it that your chest was flashier than mine......I may have to do something about that this time!!!!

I sure hope Mac plays LMS again because it was great in April (well what we remember anyway) I do have a pic with him to prove I was there however even if there are many fuzzy parts!
The pic was/is fuzzy or the memory....???? (silly question!!!)
It IS Vegas after all!!!
So get them Boobies fired up! It's back to Vegas, Baby!!!
LMS is gonna be great!!! I'm sooooo jealous that you got a picture with Mac....even if it is fuzzy!
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

hydster
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 59
Joined: September 29, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by hydster »

The memory is fuzzy silly! The picture is crystal clear!!!!!

Gotta love Vegas!! Can't wait to party with you guys again (if you'll let non-virgins into your club) :wink:

Only 17 weeks to go!!! :o

Don't you have exercises to do to get back into tip top form or somethin? JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :P

Will have to post pic if I can figure out how!
Hyd
Utah is where I live but Vegas is my home.

Pencil Thin (inactive)
Inactive User
Posts: 1402
Joined: February 22, 2003 9:18 pm

Post by Pencil Thin (inactive) »

Whoo Hoo! Just found out from Mrs. PT that one of our friends, bought 6 tickets for the group to go! We weren't planning on attending, but now it looks like we have to. Wouldn't want those tickets going to waste :wink: Mr. Black is the COOLEST! Talk about a good B-day gift :D

You can pencil us in for the 22nd!

Vegas Bound Baby!!!

land_shark3
Here We Are
Posts: 9804
Joined: April 6, 2004 4:03 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Halfway here or halfway gone?

Post by land_shark3 »

hydster wrote:Still can't wait to get there! And Land_Shark good idea on the research of Vegas...think I can get hubby to agree to that even though we go at least 3-4 times a year????????? :wink:
Not that I've ever been to Vegas ( :wink: ); but hypothetically if the Vegas show last year was my first trip, I would have been back 3 or 4 times since then. 8)
Dutch Harbor PH wrote:fondling my flashing boobs was the highlight of the trip.
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Booking airfare right now! :wink:
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

hydster wrote:The memory is fuzzy silly! The picture is crystal clear!!!!!

Gotta love Vegas!! Can't wait to party with you guys again (if you'll let non-virgins into your club) :wink:

Only 17 weeks to go!!! :o

Don't you have exercises to do to get back into tip top form or somethin? JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :P

Will have to post pic if I can figure out how!
Hyd
I have a theory....
If you have a picture that, at the time seemed perfectly focused (you, of course have been well lubricated) and find that when you get the picture back it is fuzzy and out of focus it is imperitive that you get drunk again so that you can see your picture in focus....

I keep trying to post pics but for some reason I can't get them to go.....pretty sad for an engineer.....

Yeah Yeah Yeah...Just got back from the cardiologist....Appaerntly I am in a very exclusive group...better than the lottery.....(I'm Sooooooo lucky!!!!)
So this week I go in for tests and echograms...... :o :o

But for now.....I'm GOING to Vegas Baby!!!!! Twice!!!! :D :D :D
Last edited by Dutch Harbor PH on June 21, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

land_shark3 wrote:
hydster wrote:Still can't wait to get there! And Land_Shark good idea on the research of Vegas...think I can get hubby to agree to that even though we go at least 3-4 times a year????????? :wink:
Not that I've ever been to Vegas ( :wink: ); but hypothetically if the Vegas show last year was my first trip, I would have been back 3 or 4 times since then. 8)
Dutch Harbor PH wrote:fondling my flashing boobs was the highlight of the trip.
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Booking airfare right now! :wink:
Yeah Baby! Just remember to flash those boobs!!!!
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

hydster wrote:The memory is fuzzy silly! The picture is crystal clear!!!!!

Gotta love Vegas!! Can't wait to party with you guys again (if you'll let non-virgins into your club) :wink:

Only 17 weeks to go!!! :o

Don't you have exercises to do to get back into tip top form or somethin? JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :P

Will have to post pic if I can figure out how!
Hyd
Geeezzzzz!!! Either you're right, the picture IS in focus or I've been drinkin'.......
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

cASe SenSiTive
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 39
Joined: June 14, 2005 2:42 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Tiger-town

Post by cASe SenSiTive »

Captain Morgan wrote:Halloween in Vegas...so fun :D :pirate:
Twas a blast last year. Can't wait for this one. 8)

marijoy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 37
Joined: June 14, 2004 8:38 am

Tailgating for Vegas show?

Post by marijoy »

Hi everyone!
My husband and I are thinking about going to the Vegas show on the 29th. However, we have never been to a show out there. How is the tailgating? Where do people tailgate at? We wont have a car because we are flying in. Will that be a problem? Any and all information about this show would be helpful! Thanks!

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Posts: 32700
Joined: April 6, 2004 11:43 am
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Re: Tailgating for Vegas show?

Post by buffettbride »

marijoy wrote:Hi everyone!
My husband and I are thinking about going to the Vegas show on the 29th. However, we have never been to a show out there. How is the tailgating? Where do people tailgate at? We wont have a car because we are flying in. Will that be a problem? Any and all information about this show would be helpful! Thanks!
Tailgating - Non-traditional street party. There's a whole section of street blocked off for Parrotheads to party by M'ville. There's also a pre-show party at MGM. It's a fabulous time any way you slice it, but you can't exactly BYOB...so expect to pay some $$ for drinks, etc.

Car? No problem! Share a taxi or limo to the venue. Or the monorail (if it's open and not falling apart).

Jimmy in Vegas is a GREAT time!!!! If you can make it, definitely go!!!

Also, if you want to be close to the Flamingo (where M'ville is), book a room at Imperial Palace across the street. It's much less expensive and you're just as close to Margaritaville.
Image

photogal
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1685
Joined: January 22, 2004 10:27 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice
Location: massachusetts
Contact:

Post by photogal »

Hey people, never been to vegas, what hotels are near the MGM? Dont want to rent a car so something in walking distance. We are thinking of going, researching right now.....thanks

marijoy
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 37
Joined: June 14, 2004 8:38 am

Post by marijoy »

Buffetbride - thanks for the info! So, do they have people on the streets selling drinks or something? Or, do you have to go into the hotels and buy drinks?

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Posts: 32700
Joined: April 6, 2004 11:43 am
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

marijoy wrote:Buffetbride - thanks for the info! So, do they have people on the streets selling drinks or something? Or, do you have to go into the hotels and buy drinks?
There's vendors at the street party selling beers and margaritas. I don't remember food or not outside because I think I had a liquid lunch that day, but you're just outside of M'ville so it's easy if you want to go in for a bite (but you might have to wait a bit for a table).
Image

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168635
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Post by springparrot »

Looks like we might be heading for LV for the Oct. 22 show :D :D

Post Reply