Philly was 6/14/08

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

blackjacks wife
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by blackjacks wife »

Add me and blackjack to the list of malcontents. After 2005 we swore we wouldn't go back, but 7th row was too inviting. But even 7th row was pretty far away. The "crush" was ridiculous and I got claustrophobic/heatstroke and had to escape. We tried sitting in some empty seats so I could catch my breath and get some air and they yelled at us. Blackjack then talked to a supervisor and we got permission to sit there.

I hope he returns to Camden next year or we will be making a trip to Pittsburgh at the P-G Pavilion.

We may take take our oldest next year. She'll be nine at that time and she loves Volcano, Little Miss Magic and One Particular Harbor.

MORE AL!!!
NJPirate
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer

Post by NJPirate »

sorry i didn't make it over to the lot with my group. we had a few problems getting down there and the heat made the rest of the group not want to walk over to the lot you guys were at. i was bummin, but hopefully next time. thanks again to everyone that helped out in the planning - looks like you all had a great time!
maufro
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: K1

Post by maufro »

Just got home to Palm Beach!

WOW what a trip.

Many thanks go out to all of the friends we've met here and ran into yesterday.

Special THANKS to DOC & JEANIE Thanks for the ride, thanks for picking up our beer, thanks for putting all the effort into preparing the food! Say hi to RO RO for us.

Second that for Debbie & Tom, enjoy the banner!

Good to meet Dawn (hope the show went well for ya), Mau had a blast hanging with you.

Mary Kay & Joe AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we appreciate all the time you spent MK for this show. Joe, awesome Jalapeño Burger and no one's mention the CLAMS - GRRRRRRREAT. You rocked that grill.

Kasey (Go Cats) & friend, Krystal have safe trips home after you enjoy more of our Philly flavor.

Good to see Christine (FFG) & congrats on the flipflop, wel;l done, Larry good to see you too and to finally meet Jack & LB we enjoyed talking with you guys!

MamaBear & Papa thanks for pulling me aside to intro yourselves; small world hey. Good to meet you & the band kicked butt.

Well I'm going to squeeze a few limes, drizzle some Patron over it (probably more like douse) and jump in the pool
before reality sets in.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE sorry if I missed anyone.
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
R. Buckminster Fuller
gottagofishin
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalise and A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with RUM!!

Post by gottagofishin »

blackjacks wife wrote:Add me and blackjack to the list of malcontents. After 2005 we swore we wouldn't go back, but 7th row was too inviting. But even 7th row was pretty far away. The "crush" was ridiculous and I got claustrophobic/heatstroke and had to escape. We tried sitting in some empty seats so I could catch my breath and get some air and they yelled at us. Blackjack then talked to a supervisor and we got permission to sit there.

I hope he returns to Camden next year or we will be making a trip to Pittsburgh at the P-G Pavilion.

We may take take our oldest next year. She'll be nine at that time and she loves Volcano, Little Miss Magic and One Particular Harbor.
Add us to that growing list. I love going to the shows but CBP is not the place to see Jimmy. Our tailgate was great but its not the same as being on the river. Sitting next to a warehouse with a big loud compreesor up against I-95 just doesn't do it. Plus, I'm a lawn person. Give me the LAWN!!!
But I've gotta stop wishin, gotta go fishin

Camden 8/28/12

gottagofishin
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalise and A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with RUM!!

Post by gottagofishin »

beachbum13 wrote:
gottagofishin wrote:Many thanks to Blackjack and Blackjacks Wife for putting this all together. We had a great time and it was good to meet everyone. The food was outta this world. Thanks to Sunset Chef for an awesome cheesesteak. :D

Thanks Born to Rum for the clock. Our group bought 3 of them. Happy fathers day to me. :lol:

Can't wait to see all the pictures.

BTW: I was talking to someone at Blackjacks tailgate about rum. I cant remember who it was but if you read this, send me a PM so we can compare our rum collections.
Here are the rums I was telling you about at the tailgate

Barbancourt
Ron Lacappa
Pyrat
Angostura 1919 (just got this as a present so I'm not sure how it is)
But I've gotta stop wishin, gotta go fishin

Camden 8/28/12

maufro
Fruitcake

Post by maufro »

backstreets77 wrote:Justsome quick thoughst to post....

Thanks to Mary Kay for organizing. Riding in the caravan was a blast.

Black Jack.... my better halfs brother had your ribs and thats all we heard all night from him. Awsome.

To all the Bn'ers that I met it was awsome to put names with faces....The Ottocals, DocandJeanie, TropicAl. and the loads of others that I met thats for being so open and inviting to total strangers.

And finally one rant to the majority of the lame people in section 232 a big finz down. I saw way to many people sitting and was actually told to sit down by someone while dancing to Fruitcakes (yes I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld) becuase we standing and dancing. First time in all the shows Ive been to Ive ever had some say down in front becuase they werent gonna stand during the show. Oh well.

Hope to see you all soon!
backstreets77 we had a similar experience:

Before I hit that margarita I'll vent a little. We had an encounter with a couple that were sitting behind us in 331. We came into our row 1 spot (won't use the word seats because we never sit) within 30 seconds the guy's telling us to sit down. I turn around and he says nothing, we go back to dancing and he yells again. I tell him that we're not gonna sit all night and that we would move away from them into the spot next to ours because no one was there. That didn't help him so he and his girl continued harassing us. I suggested he stand up, or move down into the 4 empty seats right in front of him, that wasn't good enough for them either.

At which point he threatens to throw me over the railing, now those of you who know my stature, that would be no easy task. But it scared Mau, especially when his girl on 2-3 occasions got up to come over and scream in our ears and curse the crap out of us; well at least we got'em up.

We stayed the course and went on enjoying ourselves in spite of their actions, by the way no one else in the section was standing initially let alone dancing and they never complained or joined the a$$holes.

THen 1 by 1, a couple people would get up and move around a bit, by the time CIP came most of the section was up except for our new friends :P

Well I guess they got exhausted from sitting or complaining and after CIP they got up, both of them, finally and LEFT.

So Fins Up to our newly departed section mates and THANK YOU to everyone else in 331 for letting us enjoy ourselves and especially to those of you who got up and joined us.

You can take the kid out of Philly but you can't take the Philly out of the kid :D
Last edited by maufro on June 15, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R. Buckminster Fuller
OttoCal
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 11

Post by OttoCal »

Bfan53 wrote:Just got back from Philly.......spent the day shopping at King of Prussia mall (One concession to Mrs. Bfan53 for the weekend trip. A small price to pay!)

Thanks to Mary Kay for guiding us the proper tailgate lot by cellphone. Nice to meet both she & her husband as well as Doc & Jeannie, Tropic Al, Mammabear, Ottocal, & Popcorn Jack.

So sorry we had to make a rather quick, unannounced departure mid-afternoon from the lot, but the heat & humidity really took their toll on my wife. We decided to head to McFadden's restaurant for the A/C, cold drinks, & a bite to eat rather than stay at the car. Luckily getting her into the cool helped a lot and we enjoyed the rest of the day at CBP.

We had field seats in Section B, Row 9. Waited out the storm and got to our seats just as JB was singing WDWGDAS. Great show and I stand corrected on my criticism of his covers & setlists. The crowd around us really got into singing during BEG, Glory Days, & Rainy Day Women......

I guess JB really does know what his concertgoers enjoy so I guess I just need to go with flow and sing along, too......

See you again at Nissan on Saturday night!!!!!!
We were wondering about the mysterious dissapearance- it was pretty hot out and it sounds like retreating into the a/c may have been the right choice for you for the remainder of the afternoon before the show!
MA_Buffett_Fan23
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

backstreets77 wrote:Justsome quick thoughst to post....

Thanks to Mary Kay for organizing. Riding in the caravan was a blast.

Black Jack.... my better halfs brother had your ribs and thats all we heard all night from him. Awsome.

To all the Bn'ers that I met it was awsome to put names with faces....The Ottocals, DocandJeanie, TropicAl. and the loads of others that I met thats for being so open and inviting to total strangers.

And finally one rant to the majority of the lame people in section 232 a big finz down. I saw way to many people sitting and was actually told to sit down by someone while dancing to Fruitcakes (yes I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld) becuase we standing and dancing. First time in all the shows Ive been to Ive ever had some say down in front becuase they werent gonna stand during the show. Oh well.

Hope to see you all soon!
Blackjack certainly can make some good ribs! I was introduced to them in 2005.. and haven't had a good rib since!! Will have to try and get up there to tailgate with y'all next year!
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Ceol I didn't get to see you :(
OttoCal
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 11

Post by OttoCal »

I think we all have some valid complaints about the CBP venue, but here are a few things I liked: fireworks after the show. I love fireworks! I really love loud fireworks!

Parking lot Port-o-potties stayed clean and relatively line free all afternoon- although this may have been helped by us using the Lot N blue boys, and many of those folks had additional bathrooms on the buses & rvs.

Parking was cheaper at the gate than if you pre-bought a pass! We were nervous going in without one, and were also told by the guy when we turned in that we were s.o.l but the ticket guy just sold us one for the regular $20 price. OK, so this was good for us slackers, and annoying for those who pre-bought at the higher rate & had to pay the ccast fees, but we were glad to get in w/ the caravan and get to set up with you all. Thanks for the many reassurances leading up to the show that this would be the case. :lol:

Those are my happy thoughts for the day. Just got the pics off the camera and will link to some probably tomorrow.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

damn i wish i went!!!!!..looks like a awesome time by all was had!!
maufro
Fruitcake

Post by maufro »

TommyBahama wrote:damn i wish i went!!!!!..looks like a awesome time by all was had!!

Yes we sure did have one helluva good time, we all missed ya TB. have a good time in Alpine!

And OttoCal you're spot on w/ the Fireworks they were great - awesome reverb on the bombs.......wonder if that was planned or if it was a treat for enduring the rain?
R. Buckminster Fuller
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

maufro wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:damn i wish i went!!!!!..looks like a awesome time by all was had!!

Yes we sure did have one helluva good time, we all missed ya TB. have a good time in Alpine!

And OttoCal you're spot on w/ the Fireworks they were great - awesome reverb on the bombs.......wonder if that was planned or if it was a treat for enduring the rain?
Thanks Jeff!!!...i hope to!!!
APLATillman
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: free

Post by APLATillman »

tried to meet up with everybody but my internal GPS was a little over lubricated and i kept getting distracted. walked all over and probably saw everybody...but i don't remember too much. too many flabongos. i'm not a fan of CBP shows. love the lawn in camden and hanging as a group with my friends. can't wait for AC! hope to catch up with som BNers there.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Seas in my veins »

We almost got stuck in the "crush" but opted to stay on the metal floor and take out chances...our seats were originally in section F row 17 but we moved into row 33 directly infront of Jimmy and down the isle from BB13. :o 8)
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

maufro wrote:

YES Tommy you were missed! Jeff the last time he played at CBP they had fireworks too!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
MammaBear
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by MammaBear »

docandjeanie wrote:A few thoughts,

Many, many thanks to MaryKay for putting together the tailgate party, without you, this whole thing would not have happened. Joe, you rock, your food was excellent. I spent quite a while at your table and we had plenty of our own food :wink:

Sunset, yummy stuff, and great drinks. Thanks for the London Broil at the end of the day.

Tropic Al, thanks for securing our spots.

Jeff & Maureen, thanks for coming up and helping all day with the tailgate, it was so much fun seeing you guys again.

It was so great to see many old friends and also great to meet many new friends, what a blast.

Beachbum13, never had a chance to meet ya, next time, eh.

The rain was pretty bad, we were soaked to the bone and we had ponchos. Once inside, and the concert started, all was aok, nice to hear Trying to reason, and FSOTW, and defying gravity.

Funny seeing K19 on the big screen as the woman to blame !!!
Will post pictures later, still going through them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OK...this comes from PappaBear.........ready......................................

"Every show needs its "Props"........................................................... :oops: (and then he proceeds to ask where to apply for the job of propmaster..............)

Remember...that comes from him not me..........................................
NakedintheWater
Southeast of disorder

Post by NakedintheWater »

HELP!
Lost and wandering around the parking lot...

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. SP/KW
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

NakedintheWater wrote:HELP!
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ((((((((((((((((((LB)))))))))))))))))))))
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
blackjacks wife
Hoot!

Post by blackjacks wife »

NakedintheWater wrote:HELP!
We are not there anymore Darling....You may want to stop and ask for some help or just call me....

MORE AL!!!