Who's Going To Shoreline (Mountain View, CA) 10/21/08?!?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

00God'sOwnDrunk00

Post by 00God'sOwnDrunk00 »

Anybody have any room at their tailgate for some wayward PH's from Seattle? We're saying to hell with "work" and taking a little drive to CA!! We'll be livin it up in the lawn during the show, but we would love to have a drink or 6 before!

jeepgirl
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by jeepgirl »

Welcome to BN, plenty of room, the more the merrier!

Keep an eye on this thread.

BTT!
ImageImage

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

00God'sOwnDrunk00 wrote:Anybody have any room at their tailgate for some wayward PH's from Seattle? We're saying to hell with "work" and taking a little drive to CA!! We'll be livin it up in the lawn during the show, but we would love to have a drink or 6 before!
Mental Health Days! I love it! :) I wrote a song about folks like you!

Look for the Latitude 38 RV in the preferred/priority parking lot. I'll be around there after the lots open, and will have my guitar along.
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com

regalis
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by regalis »

wooohoo my lanyard has been shipped!
And It's dance with me, dance with me
Nautical Wheelers.
Take me to stars that you know.
Come on and dance with me,
Nautical Wheelers
I want so badly to go.

jmb1331
Southeast of disorder

Post by jmb1331 »

There's an official "No Tailgating" policy at Shoreline!?

I understand (although never abide by) their attempt at a "No Alcohol" policy... but no tailgating at all? Pfft.

I'm all for being sneaky with the alcohol... I love the Sobe bottle idea! But if I bring coolers, chairs and other "basic" tailgating stuff are they going to give me a hard time? I'm making the drive from San Diego and won't be too happy getting denied.

Also, does anyone know what time do the parking lots open (for the non-existent tailgating of course!)?

Despite the potential tailgating dilemma... I'm super excited! 2 Buffett concerts in 6 days is heavenly!

Blondn6ft
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: anything with Malibu Rum

Post by Blondn6ft »

Come on by the Latitude 38 RV ... we'll get ya lei'd ( :o ) before the show! WHOO HOO
00God'sOwnDrunk00 wrote:Anybody have any room at their tailgate for some wayward PH's from Seattle? We're saying to hell with "work" and taking a little drive to CA!! We'll be livin it up in the lawn during the show, but we would love to have a drink or 6 before!
* Robin *

Blondn6ft
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Blondn6ft »

They haven't been TOO bad in the past ... they really frown on the BBQs and such ... I don't remember seeing any BIG set ups, but chairs and such were there last time. Just no beach set up or tiki bars ... at least that I can remember ... but then again I was drinking "Pepsi" in my cup all day. There may have been a splash or so of Malibu
jmb1331 wrote:There's an official "No Tailgating" policy at Shoreline!?

I understand (although never abide by) their attempt at a "No Alcohol" policy... but no tailgating at all? Pfft.

I'm all for being sneaky with the alcohol... I love the Sobe bottle idea! But if I bring coolers, chairs and other "basic" tailgating stuff are they going to give me a hard time? I'm making the drive from San Diego and won't be too happy getting denied.

Also, does anyone know what time do the parking lots open (for the non-existent tailgating of course!)?

Despite the potential tailgating dilemma... I'm super excited! 2 Buffett concerts in 6 days is heavenly!
* Robin *

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

At Shoreline they really do mean No Tailgating. Plan to hit one of the bars in the area ahead of time; plenty of PHs to hang out with.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

At Shoreline they really do mean No Tailgating. Plan to hit one of the bars in the area ahead of time; plenty of PHs to hang out with.
They really do mean it, but partying happens somehow anyway...

Be cool, don't fire up a charcoal BBQ, and don't have any obvious booze containers out. Keep your drinks in cups, and have something innocuous for the parking lot cops to smell if they wander by.

Me, I don't drink too much before the show, because I don't want to have to go pee *during* the show. It's quite a hike to the loos.
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

Hey...anyone wanna head out to Hayward tomorrow night to "warm up" for the concert?

It's open mike night at the Bistro, and I'm thinking of dropping by to do a few tunes. I'd love to have a Parrothead contingent.

1001 B St., Hayward - corner of Main. A whole bunch of microbrew beers on tap, several varieties of wine, some food, and lots of good music. Several of my friends will be playing as well. The phun starts around 8 PM.

regalis
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by regalis »

I should be able to be there!
And It's dance with me, dance with me
Nautical Wheelers.
Take me to stars that you know.
Come on and dance with me,
Nautical Wheelers
I want so badly to go.

Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

hmmmmm... road trip? :roll: :lol: :pirate: :wink:
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

regalis wrote:I should be able to be there!
Kewl. I'll definitely plan on it then.

The_Polly_Roger
Hoot!

Post by The_Polly_Roger »

What time are people hitting the lots and/or the Sports Page tomorrow?
Life is not always easy but it sure ain't boring!

Blondn6ft
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Blondn6ft »

Looks like the Sports Page around 4ish ...

Then a drive over to the parking lots to be there when the gates
open at 6pm. (I recommend not having many cocktails ... they WILL BE LOOKING for the DUIs coming out of the lot)

The Lat38 PHC RV will be in the premier parking lot ...
Look for the banners ... come say hi ... listen to the Tropical Troubador sing a few tunes ... you may even get lei'd !! :o

Hubby and I hope to make it to the Sports Page by 4 ... can't miss us ...
I'm 6' tall and he is 6'4" ... we will have our drinkin' party parrot shirts on ... ( tryin' to talk hubby into a grass skirt but he's not havin any part of it! )

Looking forward to meeting you all !!

Safe travels ... PHINZ UP !!
* Robin *

mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

Lightning Bolt wrote:hmmmmm... road trip? :roll: :lol: :pirate: :wink:
hey...L b ....come join us. shoreline can be a fun place even with out tail gating. but all things considered, if ya had a choice between shoreline and vegas on the 25th, i would take vegas.

:D :) :o :-? 8) :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :pirate:

member of the parrothead nation

mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

Blondn6ft wrote:Looks like the Sports Page around 4ish ...

open at 6pm. (I recommend not having many cocktails ... they WILL BE LOOKING for the DUIs coming out of the lot)

Look for the banners ... come say hi ... listen to the Tropical Troubador sing a few tunes ... you may even get lei'd !! :o

I'm 6' tall and he is 6'4" ... we will have our drinkin' party parrot shirts on ... ( tryin' to talk hubby into a grass skirt but he's not havin any part of it! )

jey blondie. will janyce g ....be there also? thanks

CreepyMeatsuit

See you there

Post by CreepyMeatsuit »

Hope to meet alot of you at the show. I haven't seen Jimmy since '06.

Could you beam me somewhere Mr. Scott?

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

mason wrote:
Blondn6ft wrote:Looks like the Sports Page around 4ish ...

jey blondie. will janyce g ....be there also? thanks

At the parking lot party? Almost certainly. I don't know about Sports Page for her, but anything's possible.

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

And I am properly stationed at my Top Secret Staging Area, also known as my cubicle at work, in preparation for the assault on Mt. View. :)

My current plan is to hit a semi-private party I know about around 2:30, Sports Page around 4:30, and the Shoreline parking lot after it opens at 6. I will, as Robin mentioned, have my guitar and new CDs with me, happy to help y'all enjoy music now *and* later.

I've also got handbills promoting the local PHCs and my own stuff, which I'd be happy to share with anyone willing to help hand 'em out.

I am definitely ready to PAR-TAY! :) It may not be Vegas or Key West, but we'll do what we can.