Who's Going to Jones Beach 08-27-08??

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

missingthebeach wrote:
Cane Garden Bay wrote:Can't wait to get to Jones Beach and set up the tiki bar, it shall be a fun day!!!
I love the tiki bar! My son's taking notes. When is the best time to park in the lot? Please don't say 6:00 am.... we were thinking of heading in late - around 2:00 pm.
If you don't get there until 2:00 you may have a parking issue and end up in a remote lot.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Autour du Rocher
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Whale

Post by missingthebeach »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote: If you don't get there until 2:00 you may have a parking issue and end up in a remote lot.....
Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to wind up in West End 2! :o

We'll get there much earlier.
Image ImageImageImage
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

missingthebeach wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote: If you don't get there until 2:00 you may have a parking issue and end up in a remote lot.....

You won't have to worry about being in West End, just the lot on the other side of the Wantagh Parkway from the theater.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

LIPH wrote: You won't have to worry about being in West End, just the lot on the other side of the Wantagh Parkway from the theater.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not That Lot!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

I'ld better get the troops to camp out Tues. at Mom and Dad's house in Levittown... we're at least 1 hour 15 minutes from the beach from here and I will never be able to get them out early if we left from home!
Image ImageImageImage
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

missingthebeach wrote:

In 2006 I didnt get there until after 3 (traffic for hours), and there was a lot of space left in the lots close to the amphitheatre. That was my experience then, who knows what this year will hold though.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
lilsalty
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Mic's Nilla Killa...SDB, BVI

Post by lilsalty »

UpstateNYPH wrote:
missingthebeach wrote:

In 2006 I didnt get there until after 3 (traffic for hours), and there was a lot of space left in the lots close to the amphitheatre. That was my experience then, who knows what this year will hold though.
I'll be able to get there in approximately 12 minutes. :D
"Clive!! The cooler!!" -- CDIII aboard the Shamwari, BVI.
LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: My favorites seem to change with the seasons
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Some patron please

Post by LIBuffettFan »

I think a big thing to remember is two years ago it occurred in July on a Saturday near July 4th weekend I believe so the the beach (Zachs Bay) next to the theater was crowded and there was still plenty of parking. This time its on a Wednesday before Labor Day weekend so I wouldn't expect the beach to be nearly as packed as the last time. I wouldn't expect parking to be an issue for this show. I usually roll in between 1-2 and haven't had an issue yet. Should be fun, it always is :pirate:
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

lilsalty wrote: I'll be able to get there in approximately 12 minutes. :D
Show off!!!! :D
Image ImageImageImage
lilsalty
License to Chill

Post by lilsalty »

missingthebeach wrote:
lilsalty wrote: I'll be able to get there in approximately 12 minutes. :D
Show off!!!! :D
Hee hee...but it's going to take me a good long while driving down to Atlantic City on the Saturday before!! Fighting Jersey Shore traffic should be a blast.
LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by LIBuffettFan »

I can get there in about 15 minutes from my door..hehehe, now thats showing off..LOL
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

LIBuffettFan wrote:I can get there in about 15 minutes from my door..hehehe, now thats showing off..LOL
15 minutes from Mom and Dad's house if I speed down the Wantagh Pkwy. 10 minutes if I leave from my sister's house. Does that count?
Image ImageImageImage
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

lilsalty wrote: Hee hee...but it's going to take me a good long while driving down to Atlantic City on the Saturday before!! Fighting Jersey Shore traffic should be a blast.
We're leaving for AC on the Sat. morning before the show... very early... the Garden State Pkwy should be fun :evil:
Image ImageImageImage
LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by LIBuffettFan »

missingthebeach wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:I can get there in about 15 minutes from my door..hehehe, now thats showing off..LOL
15 minutes from Mom and Dad's house if I speed down the Wantagh Pkwy. 10 minutes if I leave from my sister's house. Does that count?
heck ya that sounds good, as long as you have some place local to crash after what is usually an exhausting day :) Most of my 15 minutes is all on the Ocean Parkway, no stressing there.
Last edited by LIBuffettFan on April 28, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilsalty
License to Chill

Post by lilsalty »

missingthebeach wrote:
lilsalty wrote: Hee hee...but it's going to take me a good long while driving down to Atlantic City on the Saturday before!! Fighting Jersey Shore traffic should be a blast.
We're leaving for AC on the Sat. morning before the show... very early... the Garden State Pkwy should be fun :evil:
That's what we're doing too....up early on Saturday & out the door! I actually detest the Belt Pkwy/Verazzano Bridge part of the trip the most. Ugh. But I will cheer with glee and merriment when we finally arrive!! :D
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

missingthebeach wrote:
For the AC show last year I left LI about 8:30 the day of the show and made it in a little over 2 hours. No traffic at all.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
photogal
I Love the Now!
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by photogal »

WOOOHOOOOO.....just found out yesterday someone got me a ticket and a hotel room and I think they are renting a van! Getting in Tuesday night! Never been, was on the list of must do's. So is it right on the beach? Can you go to the beach from the parking lot? :D
Believe, Be Light, Be Love.........p.mayer
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

photogal wrote:WOOOHOOOOO.....just found out yesterday someone got me a ticket and a hotel room and I think they are renting a van! Getting in Tuesday night! Never been, was on the list of must do's. So is it right on the beach? Can you go to the beach from the parking lot? :D
The theater is not on the "ocean" side of the beach. You can walk over to "Zach's Bay", a small beach which is just behind the theater. It's a small bay, calm water, parents with little kids tend to use this beach. To get to the the main beaches you would have to park and then walk through one of the tunnels that run under the parkway. I'm not sure if there's a tunnel off the theater's parking lot.

The theater is a wonderful place to see a concert! You'll get the breezes off the ocean and the scent of salt water in the air.
Image ImageImageImage
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

photogal wrote:WOOOHOOOOO.....just found out yesterday someone got me a ticket and a hotel room and I think they are renting a van! Getting in Tuesday night! Never been, was on the list of must do's. So is it right on the beach? Can you go to the beach from the parking lot? :D
The orchestra seats and the stage are over the water. Literally.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'

UpstateNYPH wrote: The orchestra seats and the stage are over the water. Literally.
When I was a kid, there was a moat separating the stage from the orchestra seats. I don't know when the moat was filled in--probably happened around the time the upper deck was added.
Image ImageImageImage
parrotheadstueby
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark and Stormy

Post by parrotheadstueby »

missingthebeach wrote:
The theater is not on the "ocean" side of the beach. You can walk over to "Zach's Bay", a small beach which is just behind the theater. It's a small bay, calm water, parents with little kids tend to use this beach. To get to the the main beaches you would have to park and then walk through one of the tunnels that run under the parkway. I'm not sure if there's a tunnel off the theater's parking lot.

The theater is a wonderful place to see a concert! You'll get the breezes off the ocean and the scent of salt water in the air.
The tunnel to the beach is at the south side of the bay-takes you right out to the boardwalk past the pitch an putt.
I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year