Who's going to Camden, Saturday - 08.07.10?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Re: Who's going to Camden, Saturday - 08.07.10?

Post by docandjeanie »

gunthermoose wrote:back home again...

Thanks to all the great Camden folks for their hospitaility...

Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones...
Dave and Barb, it was great to see you :)

Glad you made it home safely, sorry you didn't get in :( :( :(

Candy, please thank Matt for my lovely new hat :) You guys are great. You always keep us cool and he always gets us dressed for the party.

Marcy thanks for the kind words, it's always great to see you and Scott. Hope you went to the game.

PL, that was my friends Dave and Michelle, they are part of our group, but they do not post on BN.
ImageImageImage

Jessica84
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango inParis
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by Jessica84 »

Going to chime in with some thoughts of my own about sat.
1) Last nights show was my 17th, and besides the 2001 show, the best by far. great setlist, great interaction, the whole show just flowed so smoothly.
2) Way too many insanely drunk idiots. I know you're going to have this every year, but to me it seems to increase in numbers every year. ( maybe my age is starting to show 43!)
3) The parking setup was by far the worst I've ever seen. We had six busses that literally crossed the Ben Franklin at about 12:15, I did not get off my bus till 1:10. We where right outside the gates at 12:25 and then inched along 45 minutes. ( It felt like 4-hours).
4)Thieves and just general dirtbags everywhere. Two dudes where continually walking around our general area, and you could tell by the way they where eyeballing things, they where looking to steal anything of any real value.
5) Anyone else get the oppurtunity to meet Nadira and Peter Mayer??? About 4pm they came over to our caravan signed autographs, Nadira was selling her CD and sighning them if you bought.
Final thoughts: Overall I'd grade the experience a B+.

Fu Corleone
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark N Stormy

Post by Fu Corleone »

Well I made it back safely to Central Jersey this morning wished I was able to stay longer to join in the Sunday BBQ. Anyways, I had a great time yesterday since it was my first concert in 2 years toooo long. Glad I got to see some old friends and make new ones. Wished I was able to be in parking lot 11 with DocandJeanie, Sally, Irish, Chef and Blackjack etc...but it was good I got a lot of exercise yesterday. :)

Overall it was a great show I would have to say top 2 out of my 15 concerts that I've been to. Great setlist and great company. Can't wait to do it again.

beachbum13
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by beachbum13 »

I thought the parking lot had a very different feel. It seemed to me like many people were missing the mark and were there just to party. We are all there to party but it seemed to me that many groups were could have been there for anybody. Hang a couple pirate things, a parrot or two... Many groups were not playing Buffett music and looked no more looked like Parrotheads than the locals walking around selling drugs, tee shirts and lei's or looking to rip somebody off. Never felt insecure about leaving my stuff untill yesterday.

Still beats a Barry Manilow concert!!!

PS I must have been robbed cuz all my rum is gone. :roll:

Summer 2017-
August 17 ~ Jimmy Buffett, BB&T
August 25 - Jason Aldean/Chris Young, BB&T
Kasey Chambers, City Winery NYC & World Café Philly
Deirks Bentley/Cole Swindel - PNC

beachbum13
Overkill

Post by beachbum13 »

Duh... Check out my photos on Face Book. If we are not friends send me an invite and mention BN. Please feel free to tag people. My eyes started to get blurry. :o

Also I know a few of you took photos of me and Di. PLEASE SEND !!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 8cc8864ea6

Summer 2017-

JollyMon66
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by JollyMon66 »

beachbum13 wrote:Duh... Check out my photos on Face Book. If we are not friends send me an invite and mention BN. Please feel free to tag people. My eyes started to get blurry. :o

Also I know a few of you took photos of me and Di. PLEASE SEND !!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 8cc8864ea6

Great pics :D That deck was something to see...one of the best set up in the lots!
Image Image Image
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane ...

JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

gunthermoose wrote:back home again...

Thanks to all the great Camden folks for their hospitaility...

Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones...

Dave - Great meeting you and Barb - glad you're home safe :D
Image Image Image

missingthebeach
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Autour du Rocher
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Whale

Post by missingthebeach »

Finally home! Again, it was wonderful meeting everyone at the Crowne Plaza. Sorry that we lost the group, blame the Camden cop who forced us to turn right instead of left! Jeanie, thank you for suggesting Stub Hub for Phillies tickets. I found two reasonably priced tickets for the Terrace level just to the right of home plate! To everyone who suggested going to Citizen's Bank Park, thank you! Scott and I went to the game and I have to say that your park is gorgeous! We wore our Mets hats and when I asked the parking attendant jokingly if he would let us in, he said $25.00 (instead of the usual $15!) We all had a good laugh (and we paid the $15). We had friendly bantering from the Phillies Phans surrounding us and although the Mets lost (boo!) we had a great time. Seeing the Phanatic dressed like Lady Gaga was worth the price of the ticket.

We were also appalled by the mounds of trash and broken glass left in the parking lots. On our way back from the concert, one girl, walking barefoot, said that she had just stepped in someone's urine. ewwwww. Compared to Jones Beach (my absolute favorite venue), the crowd (other than the BN'ers) at Camden seemed more rowdy, drunk and sloppy. And, yes, we also had a few creepy looking people wandering around, scouting out the crowd. On a positive note, the walk to and from the concert was really nice... the river view is pretty and the Ben Franklin bridge put on a light show at 11:00 pm. So, that's it for JB this year... can't go to the Jones Beach concert on the 31st, it's Dad's birthday, he's getting frail and we're going to spend the day celebrating with him. On to next year!
Image ImageImageImage

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Hi gang. Just now got some time to log on. We got home around 0230. Then we all had to get
our acts together for a surprise 50th birthday party for my little sister. As for the Camden experience,
where do I begin? We got there around 1030 and were told to get at the end of long single line
of vehicles just off the the right of the entrance. As soon as I saw it was the same ill-mannered
cop running the show as last year I knew it was going to be screwed up. Sure enough after about half
the vehicles went through, they stopped us all cold and let everyone coming in from the other 2
directions through and just let us all, who had been patiently waiting, just sit there. People started
blowing horns and getting out of their cars. I thought there was going to be a riot. Then we were
hit with the "no canopy" rule. Some lame excuse about possible law breakers hiding from cops in the
canopies. They said they had people posted on the building tops to watch us all. My one brother
"flipped off" towards the building roof an sure enough a cop yelled at us that "any more of that
from him and he'll be kicked out". Anyway we eventually got in, got set up, and the "rule" we
eventually rescinded. Our tiki bar was a big success. We gave out 200 cranberry margaritas.
Met alot of new friends and ran into some old ones. The BN crowd was definately the silver lining.
Everyone sharing food, booze, etc. The show itself was one of the better one, after they got the
sound fixed. Out on the lawn we could just make out the songs and could not understand a thing
Jimmy was saying. But then they got it fixed and it was okay. Couldn't believe all the stuff people
left behind at the end. Even a brand new smoker! Really going to have to consider whether or not we
will hit Camden again what with all the BS they put us through, but the good news is one of the cops
told me that mean little guy is retiring. Anyway despite the minuses it was a good show and tailgate.
Looking forward to seeing you all in VA. Drop by the tiki bar. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

Home again in Canuckia...

Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend. We had a great time!!!

Fu, I had no idea you have MAD bartending skills. You make one helluva dark & stormy!!! Pour me one anytime!!!
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.

JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

big john wrote:Hi gang. Just now got some time to log on. We got home around 0230. Then we all had to get
our acts together for a surprise 50th birthday party for my little sister. As for the Camden experience,
where do I begin? We got there around 1030 and were told to get at the end of long single line
of vehicles just off the the right of the entrance. As soon as I saw it was the same ill-mannered
cop running the show as last year I knew it was going to be screwed up. Sure enough after about half
the vehicles went through, they stopped us all cold and let everyone coming in from the other 2
directions through and just let us all, who had been patiently waiting, just sit there. People started
blowing horns and getting out of their cars. I thought there was going to be a riot. Then we were
hit with the "no canopy" rule. Some lame excuse about possible law breakers hiding from cops in the
canopies. They said they had people posted on the building tops to watch us all. My one brother
"flipped off" towards the building roof an sure enough a cop yelled at us that "any more of that
from him and he'll be kicked out". Anyway we eventually got in, got set up, and the "rule" we
eventually rescinded. Our tiki bar was a big success. We gave out 200 cranberry margaritas.
Met alot of new friends and ran into some old ones. The BN crowd was definately the silver lining.
Everyone sharing food, booze, etc. The show itself was one of the better one, after they got the
sound fixed. Out on the lawn we could just make out the songs and could not understand a thing
Jimmy was saying. But then they got it fixed and it was okay. Couldn't believe all the stuff people
left behind at the end. Even a brand new smoker! Really going to have to consider whether or not we
will hit Camden again what with all the BS they put us through, but the good news is one of the cops
told me that mean little guy is retiring. Anyway despite the minuses it was a good show and tailgate.
Looking forward to seeing you all in VA. Drop by the tiki bar. :pirate:

Lookie what I found on my phone when we got home...who is that guy with the captains hat? BTW - the cranberry margaritas and Jumbie were great John - thanks :pirate:

Image Image Image

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

note to self: next year, take the freakin' nap!!!
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

beachbum13 wrote:LOST AND FOUND
ALMOST FORGOT - When we took the group photo I set my camera case down on the deck. It's a hard blue Panasonic case with a skull and cross bones strap. Did anybody find it????? I've had for a while and I miss it already. :cry: My camera is doomed with out it......
DUDE!!!! You left it on my bar! :-) My friend Glenda has it.. PM me your address! We'll get it back to its camera ASAP!

Phew.... just got home a little bit ago and am ready for bed! Zzzz.... Thanks everyone for showing us New Englanders a good time! The deck was a huge hit and had a blast up there.. got to love the nice breeze too! Thanks to all of you that stopped by and got to hang out with us, that group BN pic rocks!!!! :-)

So many wonderful memories and fuzzy ones! And glad I got over to see some of you in the other lot! I think the lot attendants were scared to leave us all together! hehe.. it would have been trouble! Course, I missed having Dave feed me regularly! I did get to sample some of Sunsets yummy grub and LOVE that ice luge! Damn!! I mean, I love my juice and all but wow... never had it that good!

k... got to get some sleep. Start the new job tomorrow and am quite exhausted! I'll post pics as soon as I can!

love ya! xoxo ~ tonga
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

JollyMon66 wrote:
Great pics :D That deck was something to see...one of the best set up in the lots!
why thank you!!!!!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!

beachbum13
Overkill

Post by beachbum13 »

TongaTam wrote:
beachbum13 wrote:LOST AND FOUND
ALMOST FORGOT - When we took the group photo I set my camera case down on the deck. It's a hard blue Panasonic case with a skull and cross bones strap. Did anybody find it????? I've had for a while and I miss it already. :cry: My camera is doomed with out it......
DUDE!!!! You left it on my bar! :-) My friend Glenda has it.. PM me your address! We'll get it back to its camera ASAP!

love ya! xoxo ~ tonga

YES!!!! Thank you!!!

Summer 2017-

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Post by Tropic_Al »

What a great weekend! Tailgate & Buffett, Saturday. Hangover Hangout Party w/Gary PhilipS & Swim Skinny, Sunday afternoon. Then Mac in Avalon Sunday night. I wonder why we're tired.

Thanks to everyone for a great time. Especially Joe & Mary Kay for holding the 1st annual Hangover Party. :D
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP

big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

Oh before I forget. I did manage to get an autographed picture of Nadirah Shakoor. She was
signing stuff at the lot and my brothers stumbled upon the scene while I was watching the
bar and they got one for me. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote:Oh before I forget. I did manage to get an autographed picture of Nadirah Shakoor. She was
signing stuff at the lot and my brothers stumbled upon the scene while I was watching the
Hey Big John -- nice to have met you and your brothers and your friends. Thanks SO MUCH for the burgers -- best ever -- and for the cranberry margs & yummy rum jumbie!!

Linda
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

Saltx3 wrote:
big john wrote:Oh before I forget. I did manage to get an autographed picture of Nadirah Shakoor. She was
Hey Big John -- nice to have met you and your brothers and your friends. Thanks SO MUCH for the burgers -- best ever -- and for the cranberry margs & yummy rum jumbie!!

Linda
The pleasure was all ours. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Tropic_Al wrote:What a great weekend! Tailgate & Buffett, Saturday. Hangover Hangout Party w/Gary PhilipS & Swim Skinny, Sunday afternoon. Then Mac in Avalon Sunday night. I wonder why we're tired.

Thanks to everyone for a great time. Especially Joe & Mary Kay for holding the 1st annual Hangover Party. :D

Thanks Al, Joe & MaryKay for your wonderful organizational skills! It was an awesome treat for us virgin BNers!!!

Linda
Last edited by Saltx3 on August 9, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda