Who's going to Alpine Valley - June 26th 2010

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat

Re: Who's going to Alpine Valley - June 26th 2010

Post by FinnsU.P. »

I've been looking around other threads on this site because this one's been so slow. :( I found a fun one either on the Jimmy Buffet Discussion or the Parrothead Social Area on places to find parrothead stuff. I'd tell you where it is, but I haven't been able to find it again in over a week!
I keep hearing about how busy everyone is too. I've been trying to get a "pretailgate practice party" together. We've got 8 virgins coming along with the rest of us this year and I thought it'd be fun to get together, watch the Live in Anguilla DVD and the Here We Are video, practice doing Fins and a few song lines while sampling tailgate food and possibly having a little drink or two, [smilie=nod.gif] but I haven't been able to find one evening that works for everyone. What is up with this? People need to start taking life a lot less seriously! We have to get into concert mode, people!!!
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."
Patriotic Phlocker
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: The Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand!!!

Post by Patriotic Phlocker »

I hear you Fins! I am in the process of brewing a good dark beer trying to see if it will benefit the tailgate. All head full towards the concert only 90 DAYS FROM NOW!!!! Hell Yeah!!!!!
Knee deep in the corn...waiting for the Migration
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

Way to go, Phlocker! Glad to hear someone else is in the spirit. I'm not a dark beer fan but my husband loves it. He drinks it warm too!
My friend gave me a coffee mug when I got the tickets. It's covered in blackboard paint so you can write whatever you want on it. Mine says "Buffett Bound in __ days." Nice little reminder.
Let us know if you have a phlocking to get phriends in the mood and how it went. Let's get this going!!!!
(\ Fins Up! (\
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
pooj
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Bushwacker

Post by pooj »

Friends from South Carolina have confirmed they are coming up for this show! Only a 8% chance of snow, so they are taking the risk!

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
Some people never find it
Some... only pretend, but me...
I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then.....
Toolman
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Capn n Coke

Post by Toolman »

Update: I have sold the tickets

Fellow Parrotheads,

For the past several Jimmy Buffett shows at Alpine Valley I have had the fortunate privilege of securing the only private beer deck at the base of the lawn just to the left side of the sound board. This is simply put the only way in my opinion to see the show. I have done my years in the lawn and in reserved seats and while these are fun as well, the Deck is by far the best experience.

This year my normal group is short 4 members. I have 4 tickets available on this deck that I am wanting to part with at face value. The face price per ticket is $180 and that includes a secured deck that holds 35 people (which still leaves plenty of room to mingle), private cash bar serving beer, easy access on and off the deck exiting into the reserved seating walkway and a truly great view and sound.

We have a great group of seasoned parrotheads that join us for this event every year.

Please PM me if you are interested or would like more details, pictures of deck or etc......

Toolman
Last edited by Toolman on March 30, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patriotic Phlocker

FinnsU.P. wrote:Way to go, Phlocker! Glad to hear someone else is in the spirit. I'm not a dark beer fan but my husband loves it. He drinks it warm too!
My friend gave me a coffee mug when I got the tickets. It's covered in blackboard paint so you can write whatever you want on it. Mine says "Buffett Bound in __ days." Nice little reminder.
Let us know if you have a phlocking to get phriends in the mood and how it went. Let's get this going!!!!
(\ Fins Up! (\
We are preparing for Buffett by having a Beach party couples golf best shot at our country club the week before. We have done this before and it is always a lot of fun. Having people golf with beer googles on, CIL CIA elevated tees, getting "leid" in the pro shop, hole 6 margaritaville, etc. Turns out to be a lot of fun!!!

I will brew a lighter beer for buffett but wanted to start with a dark and it is easier to cover up mistakes.
FINS TO NORTH IN About 85 days!!!
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

Patriotic Phlocker wrote:
FinnsU.P. wrote:Way to go, Phlocker! Glad to hear someone else is in the spirit. I'm not a dark beer fan but my husband loves it. He drinks it warm too!
(\ Fins Up! (\
We are preparing for Buffett by having a Beach party couples golf best shot at our country club the week before. We have done this before and it is always a lot of fun. Having people golf with beer googles on, CIL CIA elevated tees, getting "leid" in the pro shop, hole 6 margaritaville, etc. Turns out to be a lot of fun!!!

I will brew a lighter beer for buffett but wanted to start with a dark and it is easier to cover up mistakes.
FINS TO NORTH IN About 85 days!!!

Whooo hoooo - I want to be there NOW!!! I was driving around town today listening to CILCIA on the Live in Anguila CD and grinning from ear to ear. Can't wait! Your party sounds like a blast even though the closest I get to golfing is Put Put. My group is still trying to find a date that works for us all. :( ~^~ in 12 1/2 weeks!
Tina
Patriotic Phlocker

It is amazing if you set a time and date, how many peoples schedule clears up all of a sudden. Try the golf thing and take along some jello shots. <<<<WARNING>>>> Don't let the golfing get in the way of the drinking but use it as an excuse to get together.
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

Patriotic Phlocker wrote:It is amazing if you set a time and date, how many peoples schedule clears up all of a sudden. Try the golf thing and take along some jello shots. <<<<WARNING>>>> Don't let the golfing get in the way of the drinking but use it as an excuse to get together.
Are you getting the feeling that we're the only two on this thread, Phlocker?!
You're probably right about the party. I just looked at our schedule though and realized at this point WE wouldn't be able to do it before May 29th! Testing different flavors of Jello shots is definately on our list of things to do. Have any good ones?
The good news is that we'll be on the beautiful white sand beaches of Anna Maria Island, FL in about 4 1/2 weeks listening to Jimmy (I'm going to pick up the new Encores CD at Margaritaville Orlando) and drinking something tropical with a lot of alcohol in it!!!
Tina
CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

EVENT ALERT! [smilie=happydance.gif]

18th ANNUAL JIMMY BUFFETT NIGHT AT THE HARMONY BAR
Saturday, April 17th @ 9:45pm

The Harmony Bar is once again the destination for Parrotheads to dance and sing along with local musician Chuck Bayuk as he plays the songs of Jimmy Buffett. Chuck will be joined by a crew of notable local musicians, the Drunken Sailors.

This annual fundraiser benefits the programs of the Goodman Atwood Community Center. Donation at the door is $8.

Enter to win tickets to see Jimmy play at Alpine Valley Music Theatre on June 26th!!!

Harmony Bar
2201 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI
608-241-1574

John
BoozeInTheBlender
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Cap't Morgan

Post by BoozeInTheBlender »

finsupnorth wrote:***ROOMS IN LAKE GENEVA*** Rooms are going for over $200.00 a night already - I have a block of rooms for about $100 a night in town. I have a large group going on a bus, but need to fill the bus yet. The rooms will be offered to people wanting to take our bus first, then once our bus is filled, I will release any remaining rooms to BuffettNews people.

The bus ride is a charter bus with a bathroom on it, includes snacks (sandwiches, chips, something like that) and jello shots $40.00 a person. Pickup at the hotel around 11 or 11:30 a.m. - Don't Drink and Drive - Have fun and arrive safe!

(The bus is also doing a pick-up in Madison at the Park and Ride)

A few BNers can back me up on this as they went last year and several know Eric and I....

PM if interested in any of this Fins Up!
Btt.
To Jolena...

I'm on top of the world, lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
You're love's put me at the top of the world
Brewers8208
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At Forty

Post by Brewers8208 »

What campgrounds are the best to stay at?

Right now we are deciding on Snug Harbor and Country View, both have room. Country View is closer but not sure if they have a shuttle which is big because we all plan on indulging ourselves with a "couple" beverages that day/night.

Snug Harbor has a shuttle but it's price is a little more expensive but it's fine with me as long as I get there and back in one piece.

Plus, I heard Country View is a little more strict on their quiet hours?

Any help would be great! Thanks
mvillewisconsin
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by mvillewisconsin »

If primitive camping is ok with you, check out two-seasons-bowl.com~ this is a bar located in Elkhorn, just a short distance from Alpine. They offer camping on their back lot (huge driving range). They also have a good party Friday night (last year Doyle, Mike Utley and Nadirah were there, along with The Boat Drunks). Plus they run a bus to Alpine.

Brewers8208 wrote:What campgrounds are the best to stay at?

Right now we are deciding on Snug Harbor and Country View, both have room. Country View is closer but not sure if they have a shuttle which is big because we all plan on indulging ourselves with a "couple" beverages that day/night.

Snug Harbor has a shuttle but it's price is a little more expensive but it's fine with me as long as I get there and back in one piece.

2013: Noblesville, Chicago, Alpine^^^^
Brewers8208
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At Forty

Post by Brewers8208 »

I just visited their site, looks verrrrrrry appealing.

Is that $55 for camping on their lot for two nights, per head/person or site?
Patriotic Phlocker

FinnsU.P. wrote:
Patriotic Phlocker wrote:It is amazing if you set a time and date, how many peoples schedule clears up all of a sudden. Try the golf thing and take along some jello shots. <<<<WARNING>>>> Don't let the golfing get in the way of the drinking but use it as an excuse to get together.
Are you getting the feeling that we're the only two on this thread, Phlocker?!
You're probably right about the party. I just looked at our schedule though and realized at this point WE wouldn't be able to do it before May 29th! Testing different flavors of Jello shots is definately on our list of things to do. Have any good ones?
The good news is that we'll be on the beautiful white sand beaches of Anna Maria Island, FL in about 4 1/2 weeks listening to Jimmy (I'm going to pick up the new Encores CD at Margaritaville Orlando) and drinking something tropical with a lot of alcohol in it!!!
I was going to say "yes" tyo us being the only ones on the thread but I'd say it is starting to pick up.
Wish I could join you in Fl but my big trip this year is two weeks in Alaska in July. We have a couple of different jello shot receipes that are very good so I will get them from my wife and post them for you. One is a very good and quite affective margarita receipe. I am working on a "smurf Pee" jello shot and may be a few others. Next sat I am whipping up a cajun shrimp boil and golfing all day.
mvillewisconsin
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by mvillewisconsin »

I think (not positive) that price is per site, everything else is per person (bus ride, party Friday night)

Brewers8208 wrote:I just visited their site, looks verrrrrrry appealing.

Is that $55 for camping on their lot for two nights, per head/person or site?
2013: Noblesville, Chicago, Alpine^^^^
snowfinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by snowfinz »

Hello all
I spend a lot of time reading and lurking here but very little time posting so i decided to change that! just bought husband an early birthday present for alpine- the margaritaville tailgate grill!! it is finally starting to warm up here in minneapolis so we are gonna give it a test run in our driveway this weekend, listen to buffett and pretend we are tailgating. has anyone had any experience with these grills and tips for us? any advice is appreciated and welcome! :P thanks
karry
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

I was going to say "yes" tyo us being the only ones on the thread but I'd say it is starting to pick up.
Wish I could join you in Fl but my big trip this year is two weeks in Alaska in July. We have a couple of different jello shot receipes that are very good so I will get them from my wife and post them for you. One is a very good and quite affective margarita receipe. I am working on a "smurf Pee" jello shot and may be a few others. Next sat I am whipping up a cajun shrimp boil and golfing all day.[/quote]

Good to see things picking up here.
I've always had the feeling that Alaska is probably like a big U.P. so I've never had the desire to spend a vacation there. Our 3 boys are cross country ski racers & the 2 oldest went to Anchorage a couple of years ago for the Junior Nationals. Their favorite part of it was probably the fresh salmon! Our oldest was being recruited by Alaska Fairbanks so they flew him up after Nationals. Ol' mom here was pretty nervous that he'd move so far away, but he luckily choose our local university which has a great team of its own.
I'm looking forward to the jello shot recipes. How long to you think they'd keep in a cooler before turning liquid? I found a Buffalo Chicken Dip on the recipe page last night that definately sounds like it's worth trying. I'm searching for tailgate food that can be prepared at home, hauled in a cooler, heated in a microwave if needed, then brought to the show. I decided I don't want the hassel of waiting for a grill to cool down & having a lot of stuff to pack up before heading into the show. Any ideas out there?
Tina
FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

snowfinz wrote:Hello all
I spend a lot of time reading and lurking here but very little time posting so i decided to change that! just bought husband an early birthday present for alpine- the margaritaville tailgate grill!! it is finally starting to warm up here in minneapolis so we are gonna give it a test run in our driveway this weekend, listen to buffett and pretend we are tailgating. has anyone had any experience with these grills and tips for us? any advice is appreciated and welcome! :P thanks
karry
Welcome, Karry! Happy to have someone else to talk to here. I lived in Minneapolis for a year about 27 years ago :oops: My best friend still lives in Golden Valley.
Sorry I can't help with the grill - I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't even seen it! I've been moaning that we haven't been able to get our group together for a "practice tailgate party" either. Everyone is too busy these days to have fun! Let us know if you find any great tailgate recipes - no grilling for me though. I did see the cutest cheeseburger cookies on the recipe thread that you might want to check out.
Have a great weekend. We're taking our kids to Door County, WI for a 3 day weekend so we're excited too.
80 days till Alpine!!!
Tina
ferrethead99
Favorite Buffett Song: a pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: yag bomb

Post by ferrethead99 »

What campgrounds are the best to stay at?

We just got our comformation for Country view. Coming from Minneapolis. Any one else staying there? We have 2 sites setup.