Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

gumbo gal
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Will Play For Gumbo, Migration
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: ice cold beer

Re: Who's going to Alpine Valley - June 26th 2010

Post by gumbo gal »

weather forecast says mostly sunny, high 89 and low 66 for Saturday 8)
of course this being Wisconsin may change between now and then....
sounds a lot better than the weather forecast last year!
won't need as many clothes this year! :lol:

....if the phone doesn't ring, it's me......

Chattyb
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by Chattyb »

I have a hard time believing this whole gates open at 3 stuff. From what I understand the state patrol is the one that tells them to open up so they can get the cars off the interstate. I mean, I've had my tix for 4 months and never received an email. They may try to scare away some bus companies for as long as they can but if no one else receives the message what are they gonna do when thousands of cars show up at noon? I could be wrong, hope I'm not, sounds like a nice day for Alpine!!!!!Knock on wood
Husband to a wonderful wife and father of 3 great kids

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

gumbo gal wrote:weather forecast says mostly sunny, high 89 and low 66 for Saturday 8)
Sounds great! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
Chattyb wrote:I have a hard time believing this whole gates open at 3 stuff. From what I understand the state patrol is the one that tells them to open up so they can get the cars off the interstate. I mean, I've had my tix for 4 months and never received an email. They may try to scare away some bus companies for as long as they can but if no one else receives the message what are they gonna do when thousands of cars show up at noon? I could be wrong, hope I'm not, sounds like a nice day for Alpine!!!!!Knock on wood
I agree. They tried to pull the same scare tactic at Great Woods last week but ended up opening early. Either way, we'll have Steve's recon team scouting things out for us! :D

ONLY...

ImageDAYS TIL ALPINE!!!

John

southofdisorder07
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: SOASOAS
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Blood

Post by southofdisorder07 »

WE ARE ALWAYS FULL OF SURPRISES

JUST ANNOUNCED AND CONFIRMED:

Jimmy's Opening Act for 2010 and 2 year protege -

ILO FERRERIA WILL BE OPENING OUR EVENING PROGRAM AT HEMINGWAYS FRIDAY NIGHT. His band will open just before South Of Disorder around 8-815ish.

IF YOU DON'T GET HERE EARLY, SORRY

AND

DUE TO THE ALPINE CRAP, HE WILL ALSO BE PLAYING FOR ALL OF OUR PRETAILGATING CREW SATURDAY FROM 12 -1 OUT ON THE DECK AT HEMINGWAYS. SO IF YOU ARE STAGING HERE ON SATURDAY,

COST TO ALL MY FRIENDS - $0.000000000

See ya Friday!

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

YEA!!! THANK YOU, STEVE!!!

John

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 »

wCHs.... Thanks Steve :D :D :D
Really looking forward to Friday night !
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???

RumLover
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by RumLover »

Chattyb wrote:I have a hard time believing this whole gates open at 3 stuff. From what I understand the state patrol is the one that tells them to open up so they can get the cars off the interstate. I mean, I've had my tix for 4 months and never received an email. They may try to scare away some bus companies for as long as they can but if no one else receives the message what are they gonna do when thousands of cars show up at noon? I could be wrong, hope I'm not, sounds like a nice day for Alpine!!!!!Knock on wood

In the words of the man himself....... 'Only Time Will Tell' !!!
:wench: :wench:
If you ever wonder, why you ride the carousel, you do it for the stories you could tell.

prairie parrothead
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by prairie parrothead »

First time poster.... but long time creeper of these boards........we just opened up 7 rooms for Friday and Saturday in Janesville at the beautiful Microtel..... if someone is looking for close accomodations, call them. We have 100+ coming from South Dakota again.....

southofdisorder07

Well I hope some of you South Dakota pholks make it to Hemingways Friday night, we do not have that state represented yet!

Itsmy0wndamnfault
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by Itsmy0wndamnfault »

CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote:
gumbo gal wrote:weather forecast says mostly sunny, high 89 and low 66 for Saturday 8)
Sounds great! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
I agree. They tried to pull the same scare tactic at Great Woods last week but ended up opening early. Either way, we'll have Steve's recon team scouting things out for us! :D

ONLY...

ImageDAYS TIL ALPINE!!!
4th time out to Alpine. We have a crew of about 6 staying at the Timber ridge in Lake Geneva. I'm curious to see what will happen this year with the parking lot situation. I would guess 2pm. Any way to add another to the recon team notification list? 8)

Fins up!

Sunshine smile
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One particular harbor
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: All of them

Post by Sunshine smile »

I just got a message today that Alpine Valley charges $100 for any vehicle that is bigger than a car. We are on vacation and will be traveling in our Class C 24ft motorhome. We do not tow a car. Also, I would really love to have access to my motorhome before and after the concert. I called Alpine Valley today and they verified this is correct. Any suggestions from anyone out there, besides take an extra $100? I might pay $50 but $100 sounds outrageous.
Thanks for all the valuable info ... this is our first trip to Alpine and we are ready for a Parrot Party.
Sunshine smile
Debe & Tim

Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Found rooms in Beloit..... I have a DD. about 45 mins from alpine. anyone else staying around there? :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:Found rooms in Beloit..... I have a DD. about 45 mins from alpine. anyone else staying around there? :wench:
From page 16...

Hey fellow Pirates!
We are from West-Central Iowa and coming (again) to Alpine. We always stay in Beloit Fri and Sat nights!
-Jim (aka ybnorml)

ONLY...ImageDAYS TIL ALPINE!!!

John

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

southofdisorder07 wrote:WE ARE ALWAYS FULL OF SURPRISES

JUST ANNOUNCED AND CONFIRMED:

Jimmy's Opening Act for 2010 and 2 year protege -

ILO FERRERIA WILL BE OPENING OUR EVENING PROGRAM AT HEMINGWAYS FRIDAY NIGHT. His band will open just before South Of Disorder around 8-815ish.

IF YOU DON'T GET HERE EARLY, SORRY

AND

DUE TO THE ALPINE CRAP, HE WILL ALSO BE PLAYING FOR ALL OF OUR PRETAILGATING CREW SATURDAY FROM 12 -1 OUT ON THE DECK AT HEMINGWAYS. SO IF YOU ARE STAGING HERE ON SATURDAY,

COST TO ALL MY FRIENDS - $0.000000000

See ya Friday!
That's awesome, Steve! You gave me goosebumps! Ilo and his band are great! :D
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Keywestjunkie
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Post by Keywestjunkie »

Hi everyone! Can't wait for Alpine this weekend! I just saw some people talking about the lot times...we've been getting there at 12:30 and they let us in every year for the past 10 years. Sometimes its been 1, but trust me, they have to put the cars somewhere and everyone shows up. Ifyouget there at 12:30 you'll be in the yellow lot, which is the best one and closest to gates.

We are staying at the Cove in Lake Geneva. Anyone else?

Jen
Ran into a chum with a BOTTLE OF RUM!

southofdisorder07

Alpine Parking Update:

Spoke with contacts at Alpine and Walworth County Sheriff - same S#^$, "Parking Lot opens at 3pm, those arriving early will be told to continue to drive or YOU will be ticketed" All vehicles taking up more then 1 car parking spot will be charged $100.00. Everyone must have ticket to get in parking lot.

On the side, I was told they will most likely start allowing pholks to wait beginning around 2pm.

Guessing they will "try" to enforce 3pm opening but may HAVE to allow entrance earlier.

Again, we will have recon on location, for all those getting to Hemingways to stage on Saturday, once we have confirm that they are allowing pholks in/waiting, we will make announcement.

parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

Looks like me and the Mrs are going to do a last minute trip to Alpine Saturday! Found tix on Stubhub now just looking for a decent hotel!

Don't they say the same thing every year about the lot? It has been a few years since I have gone to an Alpine show, but I remember them saying lot did not open till 3 but we go there at 1 and there were already tons of people already going strong. We were thinking of just going for the lot and finding tix there, but if they decide to check for tix then we are screwed! :o So, I think I will just get some tix before we come up and just be safe!

Keywestjunkie
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Post by Keywestjunkie »

I think everyone is just getting scared off with these parking updates. Go early trust me. At 1, there will already be aton of people in there, 12:30 is when they will start letting you in, 1 at the latest. Trust me hundreds of cars show up, and there is nothing they can do but open lots. once we got there at 12, and they did make us wait, but we only waited about 5 minutes on the side of highway D, (pulled over next to the cows) then just 5 or 10 min later they let us in. So I wouldnt worry about it.
Ran into a chum with a BOTTLE OF RUM!

snowfinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by snowfinz »

ok all i have a quick question for you well informed alpine tailgaters:
we have always been on a bus of some sort, but this year we are doing our own driving. included with the tickets we purchased was a pass for parking in the VIP lot. my question is this- are there cars and tailgaters in this lot too or is it a drop off spot for limos and the like? we want to be where all the crazy parrotheads are and really enjoy our tailgate time (whenever in the afternoon that may be!). should we bag the VIP pass and just go in with the other cars, or will we be ok using our free parking pass? thanks all !!

finz up until saturday!!!
karry [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

southofdisorder07

snowfinz wrote:ok all i have a quick question for you well informed alpine tailgaters:
we have always been on a bus of some sort, but this year we are doing our own driving. included with the tickets we purchased was a pass for parking in the VIP lot. my question is this- are there cars and tailgaters in this lot too or is it a drop off spot for limos and the like? we want to be where all the crazy parrotheads are and really enjoy our tailgate time (whenever in the afternoon that may be!). should we bag the VIP pass and just go in with the other cars, or will we be ok using our free parking pass? thanks all !!

finz up until saturday!!!
karry [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Your fine with VIP, puts ya up front, people tailgating all over incluing there