Who's going to Nissan...er....The Lube on 9/4/10?updated 8/7

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Just about anything, as long it's in a blue cup.

Re: Who's going to Nissan...er....The Lube on 9/4/10?

Post by Tropic_Al »

I'll be down for sure. But for $471.00 for the 3 seats I need, they're going to have to be great seats before I pull the trigger.
Michael "Tank" Listowski 05.14.54-09.24.08 RIP

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Got 2 lawns for the Saturday show. Me and brother Frank will be there with the tiki
bar set up. Tomorrow I try for Camden tix. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Got 16th row! :o ........for one.......my wonderful husband said take it and he'll sit with our club.......isn't he the best????? :lol: :lol:
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

parrothd_mark
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Lattitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (what else?)

Post by parrothd_mark »

Wow, the tiki gods were smiling on me today! I picked up two tickets Orchestra 2, Row B :). Yippee!

Hope everyone else was able to at least get in the door, much less get seats they wanted (and were willing to pay for). I wouldn't normally pay that much for tickets, but being in the second row makes it more palatable!
I don't know and I don't care.

Big Green PH
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by Big Green PH »

parrothd_mark wrote:Wow, the tiki gods were smiling on me today! I picked up two tickets Orchestra 2, Row B :). Yippee!

Hope everyone else was able to at least get in the door, much less get seats they wanted (and were willing to pay for). I wouldn't normally pay that much for tickets, but being in the second row makes it more palatable!
Just had the best luck i've ever had on tickets. my friends and I went 4 for 4, walked away with over 20 lawn seats. i'll be at the tiki bar celebrating. can't wait to see you all in September!
"I need to start growing up," I thought to myself the other day, as I sat in my pillow fort.

parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

Big Green PH wrote:
parrothd_mark wrote:Wow, the tiki gods were smiling on me today! I picked up two tickets Orchestra 2, Row B :). Yippee!

Just had the best luck i've ever had on tickets. my friends and I went 4 for 4, walked away with over 20 lawn seats. i'll be at the tiki bar celebrating. can't wait to see you all in September!
Awesome score!

For some reason, last year's show wasn't great for me (issues I couldn't bury with a margarita). I have a feeling that this year is going to be fabulous!

conch014
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Twelve Volt Man/Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and whatever is nearby

Post by conch014 »

Our group scored 12, all in the 100 sections. We may have 2 (possibly 3) extra if anyone is interested.
"I'm not hard to define, just an alter boy covering his ass"

be at the beach
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: mango daquiri

Post by be at the beach »

Got lawn seats (which is what we wanted) for both Saturday and Thursday! Can't wait :lol:

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

Wow, $136 for the high end tickets. That's a lot of coin. I can see why some people are hesitant on that price. Hopefully things work out for everyone in the end.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

2nd row, center? :o Had that in Camden last year. Nice! Those I'd spring for. :D

va.parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tie:Son of a Son of a Sailor/Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: BBC

Post by va.parrothead »

Big Green PH wrote:
va.parrothead wrote:I'll be back at Bristow after missing last year! I had the bright idea of trying a different venue and went to Raleigh last year. Not again!!
Why try a different venue? What's wrong with BOTH?

Only one a year fits in my budget right now with what we end up spending!!

Carolinadreamin'

Tropic_Al wrote:

2nd row, center? :o Had that in Camden last year. Nice! Those I'd spring for. :D
Last year I hugged ushers as we were going to our seats..... :oops:
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:

Hehe...forgive me now if you see me walking to my seats with the biggest sh!t-eating grin you've ever seen on my face :)

Carolinadreamin'

parrothd_mark wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:

Hehe...forgive me now if you see me walking to my seats with the biggest sh!t-eating grin you've ever seen on my face :)
Have you ever been this close? We were row 12 last year and I thought I was going to pass out before I got to my seat. You go to the waaay front entrance and then realize how freaking close you are...... :lol: Beware......concerts will never be the same again... 8)
'17-CHS

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

parrothd_mark wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:

For most of us, those are a once in a lifetime. Have fun!!

parrothd_mark
I have found me a home

Post by parrothd_mark »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
parrothd_mark wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Tropic_Al wrote:

Have you ever been this close? We were row 12 last year and I thought I was going to pass out before I got to my seat. You go to the waaay front entrance and then realize how freaking close you are...... :lol: Beware......concerts will never be the same again... 8)
I actually had Row M seats a few years ago, so consider me spoiled. This year, Row B, will be an even better experience.

It's going to be great. Hope everyone else gets decent seats and has an awesome time!

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

So, did anyone get any good reCAPTCHA words? Those are the ones that show up after you select how many tickets and where and before it goes an searches for them. Two or three years ago, when they were doing single words, I got: c***. :o I swear to god. I could not believe it and almost feel out of my chair laughing.

Tropic_Al
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Tropic_Al »

Hockey Mon wrote:So, did anyone get any good reCAPTCHA words? Those are the ones that show up after you select how many tickets and where and before it goes an searches for them. Two or three years ago, when they were doing single words, I got: c***. :o I swear to god. I could not believe it and almost feel out of my chair laughing.
Today I had "domestic squabble" :-?

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Well, we got tickets for Saturday - even though we're not sure about the time off, yet. :lol:

So, for the moment at least, it looks like the M & M Gang will be there! Looking forward to seeing a lot of you again and meeting some new pholks, too! :D

This will be our first time for this venue, so I'm wondering where all the cool kids are staying? Based on an earlier post, I booked a room at Best Western Battlefield - did I do ok?
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

Tropic_Al wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:So, did anyone get any good reCAPTCHA words? Those are the ones that show up after you select how many tickets and where and before it goes an searches for them. Two or three years ago, when they were doing single words, I got: c***. :o I swear to god. I could not believe it and almost feel out of my chair laughing.
Today I had "domestic squabble" :-?
As in "If I had bought the tickets for $471, there would have been a domestic squabble"? 8)

I wonder who comes up with the words and if they actually try to pair two similar words together. I need to go find me a web developer...