Who's Going to Shoreline (Mountain View CA) 10/16?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Who's Going to Shoreline (Mountain View CA) 10/16?

Post by TropicalTroubador »

Word has just gone out to the PHCs for club tickets for this show and Irvine on 10/21. So I thought I would once again start our local thread. :)
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Re: Who's Going to Shoreline (Mountain View CA) 10/16?

Post by pair8head »

TropicalTroubador wrote:Word has just gone out to the PHCs for club tickets for this show and Irvine on 10/21. So I thought I would once again start our local thread. :)
Hadn't you at least wait until it's been announced officially? :wink:
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

I could just see my self doing this one!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

pair8head wrote:
TropicalTroubador wrote:Word has just gone out to the PHCs for club tickets for this show and Irvine on 10/21. So I thought I would once again start our local thread. :)
Hadn't you at least wait until it's been announced officially? :wink:
Local radio station is now running a contest for tickets. *They* didn't wait for M'ville.com.

And IMO, a "send your money in for tickets" announcement from PHIP sounds pretty darn official to me. :)

Propagation speed in different media...that's what it's all about. :)
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

mason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by mason »

i am hearing on 103.7 that tix go onsale 4-30-10 for a jimmy show at shoreline 10-16-10. a saturday show. so i ask, since shoreline doesn't allow tailgating irvine style, is there anywhere close to shoreline where we could plan a tailgate/picnic ?

"yes, we have been here before"

member of the parrothead nation

nerdboy
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on time of day, time of week...
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Not one to turn down anything

Post by nerdboy »

mason wrote:i am hearing on 103.7 that tix go onsale 4-30-10 for a jimmy show at shoreline 10-16-10. a saturday show. so i ask, since shoreline doesn't allow tailgating irvine style, is there anywhere close to shoreline where we could plan a tailgate/picnic ?

It's looking very official...

http://www.livenation.com/venue/shoreli ... ew-tickets

Q: What's a pirate favorite amino acid? A: Arrrrrrrrginine

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

mason wrote:i am hearing on 103.7 that tix go onsale 4-30-10 for a jimmy show at shoreline 10-16-10. a saturday show. so i ask, since shoreline doesn't allow tailgating irvine style, is there anywhere close to shoreline where we could plan a tailgate/picnic ?

Working on one possibility...with my fingers crossed.

nerdboy
I have found me a home

Post by nerdboy »

TropicalTroubador wrote:

Working on one possibility...with my fingers crossed.
Waiting to hear these possibilities...

I assume that Plan B would be the Sports Page (http://www.yelp.com/biz/sports-page-mountain-view) which has been trustworthy in the past and close to shoreline.

nerdboy
I have found me a home

Post by nerdboy »

Getting way too excited for this. Spent half the day trying to get as much info about the place as I could. You would think after 2 shows I would know it a bit better, but more is almost always better. Found this review to be helpful if you have never been to shoreline.

Shoreline Survival Guide http://www.posthoc.com/shoreline.htm

I might add that after my first time in the general parking lot, I've decided to never go back. The VIP lot is very convenient and it won't take 20 mins to walk to after the show and another hour to get out. As there is no tailgating, there really is no draw to be in the big lots.

regalis
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by regalis »

Wooohoooooo!

Finally a saturday show! NOW should I do lawn or expensive tickets.....thinking about going lawn this year. Might try to bring my pipe and some good tabaccoo!!!!!!
And It's dance with me, dance with me
Nautical Wheelers.
Take me to stars that you know.
Come on and dance with me,
Nautical Wheelers
I want so badly to go.

born in biloxi
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by born in biloxi »

I cant wait for this one. Finally a sat night show. I think we have to get a motorhome for this one.

are the club tickets usually good? I didn't go with my club last time. They usually have no idea whats going on. I am in the only parrothead club with no parrotheads.

no more lawn for me. I will get the good seats since I am not going to a Vegas show this year.

mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

born in biloxi wrote:I cant wait for this one. Finally a sat night show. I think we have to get a motorhome for this one.

are the club tickets usually good? I didn't go with my club last time. They usually have no idea whats going on. I am in the only parrothead club with no parrotheads.

no more lawn for me. I will get the good seats since I am not going to a Vegas show this year.
why would you think you need a motorhome for shoreline? there is not any tailgating allowed at shoreline, compared to the grand scale you may have experienced at other venues. altho on the side streets off of shoreline blvd, people do get together in small groups.

nerdboy
I have found me a home

Post by nerdboy »

Just got off the phone with the box office. We are looking at $136.50 for seats and $36.50 for lawn. Not sure if this includes all the fees that get tacked on.

born in biloxi
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by born in biloxi »

You might be right Mason. Do they open the lot up at 5:00? The last show at Shoreline was the worse as far as tailgating goes. But I will probably be with a big group so we can all party except the driver. So that may be a good enough reason. If not then prob meet at the Sports Page.
mason wrote:
born in biloxi wrote:I cant wait for this one. Finally a sat night show. I think we have to get a motorhome for this one.

why would you think you need a motorhome for shoreline? there is not any tailgating allowed at shoreline, compared to the grand scale you may have experienced at other venues. altho on the side streets off of shoreline blvd, people do get together in small groups.

Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

nerdboy wrote:Just got off the phone with the box office. We are looking at $136.50 for seats and $36.50 for lawn. Not sure if this includes all the fees that get tacked on.

Ticketmaster has the same prices. Fees not included! I think I'm gonna hit the lawn for this one. I'll be spending enough on everything else for this trip to the left coast.
ImageImage
All my girls!!!

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!

Club seats are usually in section 202 or 203. Not great seats, but in the ampitheater. Today was the last day to get your order in for club seats, FWIW.

nerdboy
I have found me a home

Post by nerdboy »

TropicalTroubador wrote:

Club seats are usually in section 202 or 203. Not great seats, but in the ampitheater. Today was the last day to get your order in for club seats, FWIW.
May not be the worst option. First in line today for the Mountain View resident presale and the best I could get was Sec 102 Row U seats 3&4. I had my hopes set much higher :( , but at least it's a seat. :D :D

born in biloxi
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by born in biloxi »

I don't think my club is doing anything then, I haven't heard a word. They are useless. I wanted to join your club but its too far away. Lat 38 right. I am in the Salty Piece of Land club out of Morgan Hill, but I think its a Morgan Hill fan club instead of a parrothead club. Anyways, I will try to get seats on Friday, see you all there!!
TropicalTroubador wrote:

Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

Its almost ticket time!!! 8)
ImageImage
All my girls!!!

born in biloxi
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by born in biloxi »

What part of FL are you coming from?
Finsupinfla wrote:Its almost ticket time!!! 8)