Who's Going to Tampa 04-16-2011 (updates pg. 1)

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Who's Going to Tampa 04-16-2011 (updates pg. 1)

Post by TommyBahama »

txaggirl91 wrote:Tiki - it was great to see you and the BGs at the tailgate. Tell them both I'm so glad they came!
now i'm really bummed i couldn't make it....the BG's were there...it's been a long time i missed them!!

maufro
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: K1

Post by maufro »

What can be said that already hasn't???????? 361...

It certainly was a Lovely Cruise!!

Mau says Thank You to everyone generous enough to donate to her beads for CCF fund raising. Buffett News Crew -Tampa '11 will be added to her marathon shirt in honor of our party for a cause.

Of course thank you to:
Zman for the tix and cool boat drinks - the coolest spot in the lot
Renee, Adrian, Andy, Dave and all who had a hand in making the the day a huge success
Shelly for the jello shots (ouch!)
All the musicians for being awesome
Dave & Barb for the earrings
Jeanie & Deb for making the trip and bringing lemon pies - so happy - hope you're felling better
"Integrity is the essence of everything successful"
R. Buckminster Fuller

PHAW Webmistress
Parrothead Pimpette
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by PHAW Webmistress »

BahamaBreeze wrote:On my connection flight back home, I happened to sit next to a female soldier in uniform.
Love talking duty stations with people since Rick was 23 years Navy and we moved every 2 years.

She was returning to Fort Gordon after a YEAR in Afghanistan and asked where I was flying back from. Told her about the tailgate which was not only a BLAST but a fundraiser for Soldiers' Angels. I no sooner got that out of my mouth, and she was saying THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. While in Afghanistan, she received a box from them, marked "for female", which had some greatly appreciated feminine products and some chai latte, her favorite morning drink. It was the chai latte that she still remembers sipping. She couldn't say enough about her box, and how it was the little things, especially from total strangers, that made her day.

As the plane landed I thanked her for her service, and she said to thank all of you who helped this weekend.

SO A BIG THANK YOU from a soldier who truly appreciated the Soldiers' Angels!

http://soldiersangels.org/donating-items.html
So how cool is that??? I love fate :-)

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

We finally had a chance to upload some pics! Did we have us a time or what?

Cat in the Big Chair

Mr Utley with his beak into the wind

We love the Dancing Girls!

Our 'keet Chelsea and her fiance Mario

Our 'keet Christin doing her first beer bong!

Wayne, Mr. Utley and Michael

Steve Chillaxin!

All My Girls!

See you next year!
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

FastMovin' Angel
I have found me a home

Post by FastMovin' Angel »

After searching the parking lot at least 3 times, we finally found the BN group about 4:00!

I just wanted to thank Z-Man for the frozen beverage and for letting us taste the Rum Jumbie! That stuff is really goooood...lol. It was great to see you and Lacey again!

Renee' and Gunther Moose, I asked where to find you and all I got was "they're around here somewhere"...lol. Sorry I didn't get to meet you both. Sorry we missed out on the food but we did get a bite of rum soaked pineapple which was delicious! Irish Pirate, I'm sorry I didn't realize who you were until after we left....it's been since 2007 and my memory ain't what it used to be...lol.

Was that a great concert or what?!?!?! Perfect weather too!
Come and gitcha some Memphis!

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Sorry to have missed you.... we were there though !
Dave

IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

FastMovin' Angel wrote:After searching the parking lot at least 3 times, we finally found the BN group about 4:00!

I just wanted to thank Z-Man for the frozen beverage and for letting us taste the Rum Jumbie! That stuff is really goooood...lol. It was great to see you and Lacey again!

Renee' and Gunther Moose, I asked where to find you and all I got was "they're around here somewhere"...lol. Sorry I didn't get to meet you both. Sorry we missed out on the food but we did get a bite of rum soaked pineapple which was delicious! Irish Pirate, I'm sorry I didn't realize who you were until after we left....it's been since 2007 and my memory ain't what it used to be...lol.

Was that a great concert or what?!?!?! Perfect weather too!
Quite alright darlin'!!! I'm glad I got to see you, we can't let it go so long between visits!!!!

IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

THANK YOU - Jeanie, for including me on the best road trip EVER!!!!
THANK YOU - Jack, Chris and Jon, for being Jack, Chris and Jon!!! My sides still ache from laughing.
THANK YOU - Adrian, Andy, Renee and Tom, for organizing one of the best tailgates I've ever been to. YOU ROCK!
THANK YOU - Buffettnews, for being the best group of friends & family. It was wonderful seeing old friends and making new friends!
THANK YOU - Jeff & Maureen, thanks for the chairs and for raising funds for a worthy cause, near and dear to my heart.
THANK YOU - John Friday, Charlie DeCosa & the band and John Frinzi, for being the fabulous entertainers that you are!!!!!

And THANK YOU FLORIDA!!!! For being bright and sunny and warm and beautiful!!!! I so needed to get away from gray and gloomy and cold!

Some pics from the week!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/ ... 2f316f999d

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/ ... 4f995a38cb

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

FastMovin' Angel wrote:After searching the parking lot at least 3 times, we finally found the BN group about 4:00!
That's so unfair. I finally saw Shelly again, but I haven't seen you since Nashville in '02 or '03. It's hard to have a clear recollection, because all I really remember is a large cooler packed with 500 jell-o shots.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.

ladyparrothead
Lester Polyester

Post by ladyparrothead »

OK, we just got home from a WONDERFUL trip! It was so good to see so many people and meet new phriendss I had not met before. I was very excited to see everyone [smilie=battingeyes.gif] Thanks so much to the "organizers". You all did such an awesome job. A special thanks to the people that allowed Bill and I to share their chairs. It was truly appreciated!

I hope it is not so long to see my phriends again.

tampasecretguest1/ladyparrothead
Lynn

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and NEVER regret anything that made you smile.

docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

I'm gonna ditto what Irish Pirate and everyone else is saying, what a fantastic tailgate, concert and gathering of the best phriends anyone could ever wish for. Sorry, I was a bit under the weather... feeling much better now. I missed seeing and meeting some of you all, sorr, I'll do better next time :-)
ImageImageImage

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

IrishPirate wrote:THANK YOU - Jeanie, for including me on the best road trip EVER!!!!
THANK YOU - Jack, Chris and Jon, for being Jack, Chris and Jon!!! My sides still ache from laughing.
THANK YOU - Adrian, Andy, Renee and Tom, for organizing one of the best tailgates I've ever been to. YOU ROCK!
THANK YOU - Buffettnews, for being the best group of friends & family. It was wonderful seeing old friends and making new friends!
THANK YOU - Jeff & Maureen, thanks for the chairs and for raising funds for a worthy cause, near and dear to my heart.
THANK YOU - John Friday, Charlie DeCosa & the band and John Frinzi, for being the fabulous entertainers that you are!!!!!

And THANK YOU FLORIDA!!!! For being bright and sunny and warm and beautiful!!!! I so needed to get away from gray and gloomy and cold!

Some pics from the week!

thank you
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.

MsOver40Pirate
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by MsOver40Pirate »

Finally found the time to sit and write this note .... a huge THANK YOU to all those who made the day a success ..

THANKS to those phriends who made us feel so welcome ....

As the Mister and I got off the plane up North, leaving "90 and sunny" in Tampa to return to "40 and cold, possible rain/snow mix" in Cleveland, I had to keep asking myself "why am I coming back here ...??"

It's not because of the roof over our heads, it's not because we need food on the table ....

We have a concert and t-shirt habit that we need to support .. :wench: :pirate:

PHINS UP, EVERYONE!!

Next stop - Pittsburgh!

Summer 2012 Tour
February 4th - Orlando
March 3rd - Louisville
Detroit ??
Chicago ??
Bristow ??

mommar
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by mommar »

Well...........what can I say that hasn't already been said? THANK YOU!!!, to everyone that made this weekend so much fun, with special Thanks to Renee, Tami, Adrian, Ray, and Z-man!!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

It was great to see "old" (take that anyway you want) friends, and finally meet some in person. I wish I could have spent more time with some of you, and met even more of you that were within feet of me that I didn't get to meet. BUT, there's always the next time, which I am looking forward to already.

THANK YOU ALL!!! It was a GREAT weekend. :D
http://dolphinlandings.com/
Been There, Done That, Had A Blast, and hopefully I'm doing it again!!

drunkpirate66
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

mommar wrote:Well...........what can I say that hasn't already been said? THANK YOU!!!, to everyone that made this weekend so much fun, with special Thanks to Renee, Tami, Adrian, Ray, and Z-man!!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

It was great to see "old" (take that anyway you want) friends, and finally meet some in person. I wish I could have spent more time with some of you, and met even more of you that were within feet of me that I didn't get to meet. BUT, there's always the next time, which I am looking forward to already.

I agree. But at Great Woods would it be possible for you to keep your hands off my a$s. Atleast until noon, anyways? Thanks. Salem forever! Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

popcornjack wrote:
IrishPirate wrote:THANK YOU - Jeanie, for including me on the best road trip EVER!!!!

Some pics from the week!

thank you
Wow. Ditto. Thank YOU!

mommar
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by mommar »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
mommar wrote:Well...........what can I say that hasn't already been said? THANK YOU!!!, to everyone that made this weekend so much fun, with special Thanks to Renee, Tami, Adrian, Ray, and Z-man!!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

I agree. But at Great Woods would it be possible for you to keep your hands off my a$s. Atleast until noon, anyways? Thanks. Salem forever! Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.
So what are you saying?....I don't have to keep my hands off you tonite! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

mommar wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:

So what are you saying?....I don't have to keep my hands off you tonite! [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like you've ever asked permission before?

mommar
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by mommar »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
mommar wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:

Sorry,....I forgot....I'm old, cut me some slack!
Like you've ever asked permission before?

MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

ladyparrothead wrote:OK, we just got home from a WONDERFUL trip! It was so good to see so many people and meet new phriendss I had not met before. I was very excited to see everyone [smilie=battingeyes.gif] Thanks so much to the "organizers". You all did such an awesome job. A special thanks to the people that allowed Bill and I to share their chairs. It was truly appreciated!

I hope it is not so long to see my phriends again.

tampasecretguest1/ladyparrothead
(((Lynn & Bill))) it was soooo great to see you after sooo long! I was hoping all along that you would be the secret guest. It really is too bad Connie couldn't make it.
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.