Who's Going to Bristow, VA 8/27-see page 41 for contact info

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: Who's Going to Bristow, VA 8/27-see page 41 for contact info

Post by ScarletB »

And the suckage continues. Hugs to all of you. Sad sad sad.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 »

They might as well just knock the place down, because noone's going to be going next year (actually Alpine almost didn't have a concert this year because only Jimmy Buffett and Pearl Jam were interested in playing there....)
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

tailgaitingph wrote:We are on he standby list in case those rooms got cancelled, so the is great news to me! Sounds like we will be
"tailgaiting" with you guys :D [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Tell PA to get ready!
Do you think the ice luge would be pushing it?
Last edited by Saltx3 on August 19, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

winkingman wrote:

If you are staying at a local hotel call the general mgr. They should be aware and hopefully will allow you to have some pre-concert fun. Our hotel is letting us hang at the pool with an EZUp (we can be in the parking lot but are warned by hotel management that any drinking can result in public drinking citation if the police see you).

FYI -- Hampton Inn Manassas was sold out but had 6 rooms cancel today -- wonder why :-?
Is this where you guys are staying?
Yes we are at the Manassas Hampton -- along with another BNer and Wife.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:I assume there's still no word on allowing people to hang in the lots once you do make it into them, right?
You have to park and go directly into the venue when you arrive.
So they've confirmed that there's no policy change for this show?

Hoping they will change it after next week's Kid Rock show -- maybe don't want to change just for Jimmy and have to deal with back lash from that group??
Last edited by Saltx3 on August 19, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

WOOHOO -- single digits!!!

And, come on BNers -- we are parrotheads, we can be flexible and go with the flow. No tailgating does s*#k but we have to make the best of it and then not show up next year! Who's with me????? Can I get an Amen????
[smilie=battingeyes.gif]
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Saltx3 wrote:Hoping they will change it after next week's Kid Rock show -- maybe don't want to change just for Jimmy and have to deal with back lash from that group??
Why would they care about appeasing the Kid Rock crowd or any other show for that matter? Buffett is the only one that has any substantial tailgating anyway.

I'd love to see enough concertgoers set up camp in the lots anyway and essentially force the venue into submission on the premise that there's just too many to deal with, but that won't happen. Nobody is willing to risk fines, ejection and potential charges just to make a point.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:Hoping they will change it after next week's Kid Rock show -- maybe don't want to change just for Jimmy and have to deal with back lash from that group??
Why would they care about appeasing the Kid Rock crowd or any other show for that matter? Buffett is the only one that has any substantial tailgating anyway.

I'd love to see enough concertgoers set up camp in the lots anyway and essentially force the venue into submission on the premise that there's just too many to deal with, but that won't happen. Nobody is willing to risk fines, ejection and potential charges just to make a point.
just a thought on the timing issue....why make a terrible situation worse by announcing before the KR concert that only JB fans can tailgate...not that I care if JLL gets more harrassment...maybe I am being really optomistic :-?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

TampicoToucan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tampico Trauma, In the Shelter, He Went to Paris,
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: The Tampico Trauma

Post by TampicoToucan »

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to read about all of this before I purchased my tickets. I am appalled that the Prince William County politicians and Live Nation/JLL is using tragic accidents as an excuse to make or save money. The socalistic treatment of Jimmy Buffett fans proves this is a money driven issue. If either party was concerned about safety, alcohol sales would be discontinued inside the venue. This is about control and power, and forcing a captive audience to purchase their goods at a premium price within an 8 hour window. The venue makes all the profit, the county saves on overtime since the parking lot opens later. The county also (and stupidly) assumes that the displaced Parrotheads will spend the day spending money shopping, dining out, and otherwise generating tax revenue prior to the show. Finally, the county also will see the increase of revenue with the arrests which will be made. It is a scam. If you read the PWC (Prince William County) parks web pages....you will see a tab for restaurants, therefore don't think you can find a local park to tailgate quietly it. What both parties don't realize or don't care is the previous Buffett Concerts (2 of them each year) generate about $8 million to the local economy. I also think Parrotheads will also be an easy police target. Decorated vehicles and alcohol.....that equals arrests and more revenue. It is also unlawful to have an open fire in a public place (which includes a gas grill) in other than an area zoned agricultural in PWC. I think we as fans should penalize the county and the venue the only way we can.....remember money (or lack thereof) talks.

FINS DOWN to Prince William County. As for Live Nation....artist powered, fan driven? Please, the fans aren't that dumb.
Image...See, I was...Drinkin' double, Causin' lots of trouble...Image

conch014
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Twelve Volt Man/Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and whatever is nearby

Post by conch014 »

Saltx3 wrote:WOOHOO -- single digits!!!

And, come on BNers -- we are parrotheads, we can be flexible and go with the flow. No tailgating does s*#k but we have to make the best of it and then not show up next year! Who's with me????? Can I get an Amen????
[smilie=battingeyes.gif]

We have a group staying at the Hampton as well and have been planning for Plan B just in case the tailgate fell through. Parrotheads make the best of things, just think of all the jello we could get into that pool. We hae contacted a cam company in the area about service to and from venue from the hotel as well to avoid and drinking and driving issues.
"I'm not hard to define, just an alter boy covering his ass"

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

conch014 wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:WOOHOO -- single digits!!!

[smilie=battingeyes.gif]

We have a group staying at the Hampton as well and have been planning for Plan B just in case the tailgate fell through. Parrotheads make the best of things, just think of all the jello we could get into that pool. We hae contacted a cam company in the area about service to and from venue from the hotel as well to avoid and drinking and driving issues.
Last edited by Saltx3 on August 19, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

TampicoToucan wrote:Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to read about all of this before I purchased my tickets. I am appalled that the Prince William County politicians and Live Nation/JLL is using tragic accidents as an excuse to make or save money. The socalistic treatment of Jimmy Buffett fans proves this is a money driven issue. If either party was concerned about safety, alcohol sales would be discontinued inside the venue. This is about control and power, and forcing a captive audience to purchase their goods at a premium price within an 8 hour window. The venue makes all the profit, the county saves on overtime since the parking lot opens later. The county also (and stupidly) assumes that the displaced Parrotheads will spend the day spending money shopping, dining out, and otherwise generating tax revenue prior to the show. Finally, the county also will see the increase of revenue with the arrests which will be made. It is a scam. If you read the PWC (Prince William County) parks web pages....you will see a tab for restaurants, therefore don't think you can find a local park to tailgate quietly it. What both parties don't realize or don't care is the previous Buffett Concerts (2 of them each year) generate about $8 million to the local economy. I also think Parrotheads will also be an easy police target. Decorated vehicles and alcohol.....that equals arrests and more revenue. It is also unlawful to have an open fire in a public place (which includes a gas grill) in other than an area zoned agricultural in PWC. I think we as fans should penalize the county and the venue the only way we can.....remember money (or lack thereof) talks.

FINS DOWN to Prince William County. As for Live Nation....artist powered, fan driven? Please, the fans aren't that dumb.
I have been wondering if one or more of the deaths resulted in a wrongful death lawsuit in which the venue was a named defendant. If this the case the tailgating policy change could be part of settlement

Just a thought...

conch014
I have found me a home

Post by conch014 »

Hampton in Manassas. The Williamson Blvd one. Have stayed there four of the past five years.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

conch014 wrote:Hampton in Manassas. The Williamson Blvd one. Have stayed there four of the past five years.
Last edited by Saltx3 on August 19, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

conch014
I have found me a home

Post by conch014 »

Just emailed it!!!!

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

We are at the Hampton Inn in MANASSAS -- NOT Gainesville -- give them a call. It was 3:30 when they said they had 6 cancellations today.
WOOHOO!!!!! Cancelled Gainesville & booked Manassas!!!!
AMEN
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

If I am going to make this show
I'll need to take a cab or hitch a ride.

Doctor(s) and more importantly, my wife,
will not let me drive for a couple of weeks still.

Hey Funkhouse9 ....... maybe I could hitch a ride with you?! :o
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

surfpirate wrote:If I am going to make this show
I'll need to take a cab or hitch a ride.

Doctor(s) and more importantly, my wife,
will not let me drive for a couple of weeks still.

Hey Funkhouse9 ....... maybe I could hitch a ride with you?! :o
It'd be my pleasure. Unsure about just how early I'll head out if there's no hope of hangin' in the lots. But, I'm guessing you'll be taking it easy this year anyway. Let me know your thoughts on that.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Funkhouse9 ....... that would be great. After seeing John Prine Friday night I won't be up for much tailgaiting Saturday anyway, so any time you want to leave is fine by me.
Plus I'll probably still be on meds so no drinking anyhow. My wife is going with me to see Prine on Friday but not going to see Buffett on Saturday.
I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks!
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

surfpirate wrote:Funkhouse9 ....... that would be great. After seeing John Prine Friday night I won't be up for much tailgaiting Saturday anyway, so any time you want to leave is fine by me.
Plus I'll probably still be on meds so no drinking anyhow. My wife is going with me to see Prine on Friday but not going to see Buffett on Saturday.
I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks!

YAY -- glad you got it figured out -- see you Friday Bob!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda