Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

5th Annual Frisco Feeding Frenzy - 5/21/11

Post by Mr Play »

Parties That Matter
5th Annual Frisco Feeding Frenzy
Saturday 5/21/2011 with a Friday Night Phlocking

http://www.partiesthatmatter.org

Thanks to your combined efforts and support, we raised $6,500 for charity this year, to be distributed as follows;
Terry Mathews - $2,500
Michael French - $2,500
National Breast Cancer Foundation - $500
Why Me - $500
Jonathan's Place - $500

In addition, all of the leftover perishable food items were donated to Jonathan's Place on 5/23.

Who: Everyone who reads this is invited to attend
What: All-Day Pre-Concert Tailgate Party
When: Saturday, May 21, 2011
Where: Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, TX
Why: To Have a Party That Matters

All are welcome to join us. Newcomers feel free to ask questions, veterans please help however you can.

Overview
The tradition continues Saturday, May 21st 2011! This will be an all-day tailgate party before the Jimmy Buffett concert in Frisco, TX.

This party will be strictly BYOB. Everyone must maintain individual care, custody, and control of their alcoholic beverages at all times. There will be no group consolidation of coolers or open access to alcohol.

Everyone will pre-pay for food, with the extra going to charitable causes. The cost will be $15 per person through April 15th, and $20 thereafter. T-shirts will be $25 each for white, $30 for light blue, also paid in advance. Please note the small surcharge of $1 per item if using Paypal, to cover our fees.

With this approach we will keep track of how many people pay, and buy the stuff according to the number of people. When we buy the food, we will buy enough for some extras. The extra wristbands will be available first-come first-served, while supplies last. If you pay online after Friday 5/6, we will put the wristbands in an envelope and mark it as paid with your name on it. Your envelope will be at the sales table for you to pick it up. If we have any wristbands left, they will be available at the sales table for $25 each the day of the tailgate.

If you haven’t already sent her your information, please fill out the Registration Form at http://www.partiesthatmatter.org. This way we can log your information and update when your payment arrives.

After you register, go to the Payments & Donations Page. There you can select what you want to order and pay directly online. Please note the small surcharges to cover our transaction fees with Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to use the online payment system - any major credit card will work.

Payment Instructions
PHarmGirl (Lori) is handling all of the payments this year. To purchase wristbands, you can pay online at the website or mail a check to her. If you haven’t already sent her your information, please fill out the online registration form at http://www.partiesthatmatter.org. This way Lori can log your information and update when she gets your payment. In the registration form, please indicate whether you want to pay via Paypal or send a check. If you prefer to send a check, Lori will reply with the address to use.

RV Info
Wheatsailor (Jim) is our parking and logistics director. Parking in our lot is $70 per space, for Friday morning until noon on Sunday. The price for a parking space is $70 regardless of whether you show up Friday or Saturday. We have to pay $70 per space to PHP up front, and we are just passing along our cost.

You must join our party by paying for wristbands in order to get parking spaces in our lot.

The deadline to pay for parking is Friday,4/15. Send wheatsailor a PM or email to reserve your spot and get payment instructions.

To better plan the parking, please send the following information to Wheatsailor@cox.net:
1. Actual size and type of RV: Size should be bumper to bumper for motorhomes, hitch to end of extended trailer. Types would be Motorhome, 5th wheel, travel trailer, pop-up.
2. Any additional vehicles including tow vehicle, or towed vehicles or trailers.
3. Email address
4. Contact phone number
5 Estimated time of arrival.
6. Preference of area. I cannot guarantee the exact spot but will get you close.

He will be sending information and updates out via email, including payment information, parking plan, etc.

The priorities for parking will be RV’s, FFFV requirements, any additional spaces available. Additional spaces will be allotted according to the date/time the request is received.

Please send your info as soon as you can.

For RV Rentals, we recommend El Monte RV in Mckinney, 972-562-1900. Bob is the manager, longtime parrothead.
For golf carts, it's Grapevine Golf Cars at 817-251-8032.
Tell both of them you're with the Parties That Matter tailgate.

Pizza Hut Park Location
Frisco is a growing suburb about 20 miles north of Dallas, right on the Dallas North Tollway. This is a toll road. You can get more info about rates and other information here; http://www.ntta.org/

The address for Pizza Hut Park is;
9200 World Cup Way
Frisco, TX 75034

Parking Information
We will be at the preferred green lot just west of the Dr Pepper Vicotory Center, at the northeast corner of Technology Drive and World Cup Way. This is a different lot than we had last year, so please reference the location below. Our lot will open at 9AM on Friday, May 20th. To park in our lot, you must pre-pay at a cost of $70 per space. We are not making money on the parking, we are simply passing through our cost. To reserve your space and get payment instructions, please send a PM to wheatsailor (Jim).

The price for a parking space is $70 regardless of whether you show up Friday or Saturday. We have to pay $70 per space to PHP up front, and we are just passing along our cost.

You must join our party by paying for wristbands in order to get parking spaces in our lot.

The deadline to pay for parking is Friday,4/15.

The priorities for parking will be RV’s, FFFV requirements, any additional spaces available. Additional spaces will be allotted according to the date/time the request is received

You can read the official PHP Parking Guidelines here.
http://www.pizzahutpark.com/Home/tabid/ ... fault.aspx

If you have questions, please ask here first and wheatsailor or I will get you the answer.

From I-635, take the Dallas Tollway north.
Go all the way to Main St. in Frisco, and exit there.
Stay on the service road and go past Main St.
Turn Right on Technology.
The Green Lot will be on your Left just after World Cup Way.

So everyone knows, it's a third of a mile from the green parking lots to the stadium.

Friday, May 20th Pre-Party
On Friday, May 20th we will have a pre-party from 7PM until ??? We will get together at a newly opened bar called The Main Burgers and Bar in Frisco. It is right next door to the soccer stadium, at the Northeast corner of World Cup and Main St. They have a nice, full liquor bar, plenty of room and and an outside patio, and it is the perfect location for our group. You can get a glimpse of them on the web at http://www.themainfrisco.com We'll have more details on the Friday night party as the date draws closer.

Volunteer Opportunities
Please send me a PM if you can help with any of the duties below.

Food Setup
These people have volunteered to arrive by 9AM Saturday and help with setting up the food area. We may also need you to help with other setups as well.
Dr Jill
JustShari
Tonya (Friend of Shari’s)
Jeana (Friend of Shari’s)
LeftOutKnitter (Diane) +2
Danielmorgan03 +3

Grill Duty
We'll have at least 2 grills again this year. They will be manned from 11AM to 5PM. The shift times are below and we will have a shift board at the grill area. Please report to your shift at least 5 minutes early to ensure a smooth transition.

11AM to 12PM
Don Barrett (srkmrd)
Ray
Dennis
Rusty (tropicalfever)
Paul aka PinkDuckPirate (Friend of Rusty’s)

12PM to 1PM
Patrick Gordon (phlip phlop repairman)
Billy Westerfield
Billy's son
Chad
JohnMC

1PM to 2PM
Harold Hinsley (LonghornPH)
Richard Perez – Friend of Harold’s
Gerald Moses ( 5'Oclock Gerald)

2PM to 3PM
Rick Allen (1 phor the road)
Len Tidwell +1 (run_ride_hide)

3PM to 4PM
KansasBeachBum (Jeff)

4PM to 5PM
LeftOutKnitter +2

After the Concert
Mr Patron +1 (Mark & Chris)

Sales Table
At the tailgate, we will be selling extra wristbands, t-shirts, plastic cups, and other items. The shift times are below and we will have a shift board on site. Please report to your shift at least 5 minutes early to ensure a smooth transition.

Setup
RAYRO (Rosa) + Teresa

10AM to 11AM
Connie Castleberry (Scrapperock)
JustShari

11AM to 12PM
Jeanne Barret (srkmrd)
brznbeaches

12PM to 1PM
Tammy Gordon (Cabana Chick)
Jan Guthrie (Cabana Moma)
Pennie Alexander

1PM to 2PM
Martha Hinsley
Jacqui Hinsley

2PM to 3PM
peejay

3PM to 4PM
Tiedyephan +1 (Lisa P)

4PM to 5PM
???

Silent Auction
Scrapperrock (Connie) is heading up the silent auction this year. She is gathering information about the auction items being collected, appraising the value and completing the bid sheets, and setting up and helping with the auction tables. If you have something for the silent auction, please send her a PM with the item details.

The silent auction will be from 2PM to 4PM on Saturday. The shift times are below and we will have a shift board on site. Please report to your shift at least 5 minutes early to ensure a smooth transition.
Setup
Scrapperock (Connie)
LeftOutKnitter (Diane)

2PM to 3PM
Rockin Rhonda (Rhonda)

3PM to 4PM
???

4PM - Help with checkout
Mr Play (Bill)
Scrapperock (Connie)
LeftOutKnitter (Diane)

Dunking Booth
We'll have a dunking booth at the tailgate this year, with all net proceeds going to the charities. The list of tentative dunkees is below. This is a pretty informal thing, just show up and get it when you’re ready. Send me an email or PM if you want to volunteer or request a specific time. If you are on the list, please bring someone with you to collect money while you are taking your turn.

Confirmed Dunkees
srkmrd (Don)
LonghornPH (Harold)
Parrothead In The Making (Elizabeth)
Eck (Billy)
LeftOutKnitter (Diane)
peejay (P. J.)
piratenurse (Michele)
Irishgirl (Toni)
Tiedyephan (Stan)

CD Distribution
Once again, we will try to record the concert, cut it into tracks, and burn the show onto master CD's. These will be distributed free of charge after the concert, one per group who pays for a wristband. Each group leader is then responsible for making copies for their affiliates.
We need 10-15 people to make copies of the masters and send them out. This is usually done at your own expense.
Mr Play (Bill)
LIPH (Larry)
RAYRO (Rosa)
JohnMc (John)
Garnetbimbo (Darvi)

DVD Distribution
We will try to put together a DVD slideshow for us again this year. These will be distributed free of charge after the concert, one per group who pays for a wristband. Each group leader is then responsible for making copies for their affiliates.
We need 10-15 people to make copies of the masters and send them out. This is usually done at your own expense.
Mr Play
RAYRO (Rosa)
Garnetbimbo (Darvi)

T-Shirts
We will have custom T-shirts again this year. The cost will be $25 each paid in advance for white, or $30 for light blue. Sizes are Adult Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, and XXL. They are quality, 100 percent cotton white tees. No other colors or special requests.

We will take pre-orders until Friday April 15th. I will submit the order on 4/18, and she will have the shirts delivered to us by Friday 5/6. I will work with gpblxbch Michele to get them shipped to everyone from there.

CharityInfo
Since we started organizing charity events in 2007, we've raised over $53,000 for charitable causes! The causes we are supporting this year include the following;

Michael French
Terry Mathews (East Texas Parrothead)
Jonathan's Place
National Breast Cancer Foundation
Why Me

Michael French is a 12 year old boy who was diagnosed with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma in June of 2005. He went into remission until September of 2010 when he was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has been at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth since January 2011, when he was worked up for a bone marrow transplant. You can learn more about his story here; http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelfrench

Terry Mathews has been involved with Parties That Matter since before its inception in 2009. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in early 2010, and suffered terribly through surgery and radiation. The uncovered portions of the medical costs wiped out her 401k and savings, but she never once complained. You can read more about her story here; http://www.myssnews.com/blogs/theres-so ... here-.html

Hotel Info
Here are most of the hotels within 10 miles of Pizza Hut Park;

Comfort Suites at Pizza Hut Park - Sold Out but there is a waiting list
(972) 668-9700
9700 Dallas Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
0.3 miles

Embassy Suites
(972) 712-7200
7600 Hammons Dr
Frisco, TX
1.4 miles

Holiday Inn Express-Frisco
(972) 668-9400
4220 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX
3.3 miles

Hampton Inn
(972) 712-8400
3199 Parkwood Blvd
Frisco, TX
3.6 miles

Hilton Garden Inn
7550 Gaylord Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
(469) 362-8485
3.8 miles

Budget Suites Of America
(972) 370-1111
5289 State Highway 121
The Colony, TX
5.5 miles

Marriott
(214) 473-8834
7200 Bishop Rd
Plano, TX
5.5 miles

Marriott-Dallas Plano Legacy
(972) 473-6444
7120 N Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
5.5 miles

Marriott
(972) 473-6444
7120 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
5.5 miles

Courtyard-Legacy Park
(972) 403-0802
6840 N Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
5.9 miles

NYLO
972-624-6990
8201 Preston Rd.
Plano, TX
6.1 miles

Candlewood Suites
(972) 618-5446
4701 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX
6.3 miles

Comfort Suites
(972) 668-5566
4796 Memorial Dr
Lewisville, TX
6.4 miles

Days Inn
(972) 548-8888
1208 Pecan Valley Dr
Mckinney, TX
6.7 miles

Residence Inn-Dallas Plano
(972) 473-6761
5001 Whitestone Ln
Plano, TX
7.0 miles

Towneplace Suites
(972) 943-8200
5005 Whitestone Ln
Plano, TX
7.0 miles

Ameri Suites-Plano
(972) 378-3997
3100 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
7.7 miles

Holiday Inn Exp-Dallas N Tllwy
(972) 403-1112
3101 N Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
7.7 miles

Extended Stay America
(972) 378-9978
2900 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, TX
7.9 miles

Intercontinental
(972) 964-3139
3517 Seltzer Dr
Plano, TX
8.4 miles

Budget Motel
(972) 542-5531
4129 Saint Albans Dr
Plano, TX
9.0 miles
Last edited by Mr Play on June 11, 2011 7:31 am, edited 62 times in total.
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend
tropicalfever
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Re: Who's Going to the 5th Annual FFF - 5/21/11

Post by tropicalfever »

And so it begins. The biggest party in Texas.
ImageImageImage
piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

tropicalfever wrote:And so it begins. The biggest party in Texas.
Not just Texas, my phriend. So who's gonna volunteer for what? Any takers on an auction co-chair that will take over around noon or 1pm if I do all the advance work and set up/start the auction? It's the only way I can do it...it kicked my lil Okie a** last year! Or pheel phree to take it over entirely, wouldn't break my heart.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
Duffinger
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana...but it can change at any moment
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas!

Post by Duffinger »

I'm a newbie but that sounds divine!!!

Vegas - 10.23.2010
Frisco - 05.21.2011
Vegas - 10.22.2011
JohnMc
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by JohnMc »

Now this is the thread I've been waiting for!!

FFFV

Thanks for kicking it off, Bill. I can't wait to be there.

Cheers,

John Mc
Fins Up!!
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

Duffinger wrote:I'm a newbie but that sounds divine!!!
Welcome! We love newbies. And it is beyond divine.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Any newbies out there considering this..........DO IT!!!!!!! Go! Go! Go! It's one of the best tailgates we've ever been to!!!! We traveled from northern VA and it was worth the time and money it took. So many people did an amazing job. :D :D

We won't be able to make it this year but we'll be back. It would be tough for my husband to return right away. We went to see his aunt who we hadn't seen in about 10 years the day after the concert. We had a wonderful time. She passed suddenly about 6 months later. Maybe next year........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
brznbeaches
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by brznbeaches »

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! I am IN! SO glad I booked the HIE- ( In case the Partymobile doesn't work out, Michelle)! Not so good on the airfare front- it's gone up $30 in 3 days- over $300 now [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Airlines!

Let the countdown begin!

Only

days to Frisco!

(Okay, I'm a Frisco virgin- do I count days to the concert, or the tailgate???)
Bristow 09.09 LAS 10.09 Camden 08.07.10 PGH0 8.12.10 Bristow 09.04.10 LAS 10.23.10 EYW 11.1-7.10 TPA 04.16.11 Frisco 05.21.11 PGH 06.21.11 BristowBOYCOTT/HURRICANE Paris 09.26.11 EYW 11.4.11 TPA 3.30.12 PGH 6.28.12 Bristow 9.1.12 ...??? Bristow 8.16.14 Bristow 6.20.15 Camden 8.17.17
Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

Duffinger wrote:I'm a newbie but that sounds divine!!!
Welcome aboard. Here's a site with pics and videos from past parties that should give you an idea of what to expect;
http://www.buffettconcert.com/
Last edited by Mr Play on March 6, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D PHarmBoy
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade for sure

Post by D PHarmBoy »

Can my wife and I attend? What can I bring??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

But I've got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'

"Hello Texas ..."
Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

D PHarmBoy wrote:Can my wife and I attend? What can I bring??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
For starters, bring your asses back from Belize so we can start taking payments :pirate:
D PHarmBoy
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade for sure

Post by D PHarmBoy »

Mr Play wrote:
D PHarmBoy wrote:Can my wife and I attend? What can I bring??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
For starters, bring your asses back from Belize so we can start taking payments :pirate:
You take em, We're staying here for 90 days and come back to Texas and work for 5 days and then come back here. Your idea Mr Play!!!!!
ImageImage

But I've got to stop wishin', got to go fishin'

"Hello Texas ..."
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Oh SPEW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

If the NASCARITAVILLE Racecar is voted into the TOP TEN ......

..... I'll come to FFF
and take a turn in the dunk tank.
:o 8)

Last edited by surfpirate on March 6, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
phijimanOK
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40; Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Incommunicado / Pharmade

Post by phijimanOK »

Time to find balloons for the Mrs.!!! ;)
Dallas, Kansas City, Houston, Denver, Irvine, Frisco, and Vegas

Charlie fabian
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Great filling station holdup
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by Charlie fabian »

Finally,

It's FFFV time. After the last year I've had I need this. Can't wait to see old friends and meet (not meat) new ones.
Watch out for the talking white dolphin.
ParrotHeadInThe Making
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tides
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: The drink that is in my hand

Post by ParrotHeadInThe Making »

I am not a newby to BN, but I am a newby to the Frisco feeding phrenzy. I am looking forward to having a lot of fun and partying for something that really makes a difference.
Liz Ulrich and guide dog Princess Hope
http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.ulrich1

Here we are, maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do
It's the child in us we really value
Here we are, with our fins up and our feathers flashing
Here we are, with our coconut shell brassieres chanting
sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: That's what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Mostly water these days

Post by sunseeker »

I will not be able to make it this year....

sniff sniff :(
There's this one particular harbor.....
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

brznbeaches wrote:WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! I am IN! SO glad I booked the HIE- ( In case the Partymobile doesn't work out, Michelle)! Not so good on the airfare front- it's gone up $30 in 3 days- over $300 now [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Airlines!

Let the countdown begin!

Only

days to Frisco!

(Okay, I'm a Frisco virgin- do I count days to the concert, or the tailgate???)
Countdown to the tailgate....trust me. 8)
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

surfpirate wrote:If the NASCARITAVILLE Racecar is voted into the TOP TEN ......

..... I'll come to FFF
and take a turn in the dunk tank.
:o 8)

I'll see you there! OMG, the video rocks!!!!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage