Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Re: Frisco TX 2013!!!

Post by VanillaGrl »

Okay, I can't think anymore about the parking situation right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about it tomorrow. :wink: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :wench:

The Bodypainter 2013

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

VanillaGrl wrote:Okay, I can't think anymore about the parking situation right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about it tomorrow. :wink: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :wench:
I know that feeling. :D :D Tomorrow is another day. Everything always seems to work out!

okparrott
Southeast of disorder

Post by okparrott »

Interesting hearing about the different attempts at buying tickets...I was at a dr appt at 10 AM, so wasn't able to start trying to get tickets until around 10:30...the first tickets I pulled up on "best available" were in section 131, row 6 - no waiting, pulled em right up...I wanted to try to get field seats so threw them back...put in field seats, and the first pair that came up were Section D, Row 8...needless to say I took them...

Wondering if it's better not to try with all the masses, right when they go on sale...

By the way, just tried to pull "best available" a few minutes ago, just for grins and giggles...pulled up section 131, row 4, which are pretty darn good seats...
I gotta go where it's warm

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Planosmith1 wrote:
conched wrote:
Planosmith1 wrote:
conched wrote:Do y'all think they'll let someone in with a car ... pay for 4 spots like they have a camper in the red lot?
I talked with folks at FC Dallas Stadium that are selling the RV spots and they said it was OK for us just to use them for 4 cars, but they needed to know so that my invoice would look correct...and it did. You have to pay now, in advance, and I'm sure the spots will be gone quickly.
All other parking is first come first serve and you can only pay for one spot (the car your in) and cannot reserve any spots.
In the past we just had a caravan of several cars and hoped that we managed to stay together.
So NO WAlk-INS! :D :D
I'm not excatly sure what your asking when you say "no walk-ins". The whole lot is open and anyone can just walk in (there are no fences)...just can't bring a vehicle unless you pay. Is that what your asking?
We'll think about it another day. Just want a parking space for an E Z Up! Every little thing is gonna be ok.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

VanillaGrl wrote:Okay, I can't think anymore about the parking situation right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about it tomorrow. :wink: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :wench:
I like your Scarlet O'Hara way of thinking :wink:

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

Had to have my son get our tickets for us. Section 130, row 9, seats 9 and 10. Sounds like that will be the BN area. No floor for me, been there, did that, couldn't see squat. Pretty happy with these, the closest I've been there was 104 but much higher row. Also worrying about the parking and liking the idea of grouping together and going for "our spot".
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

phlip phlop repairman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Like them all
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by phlip phlop repairman »

I settled on Section 130 Row 3 Seat 22. Thanks though![/quote]

We have seats 20 and 21 in the same row.
I would rather be on the deck of a ship anyday

peejay
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!

Post by peejay »

phlip phlop repairman wrote:I settled on Section 130 Row 3 Seat 22. Thanks though!
We have seats 20 and 21 in the same row.[/quote]

AWESOME. Always cool to be next to BNers.

elvisandcarmen
Favorite Buffett Song: the wino that i know
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: all :)

Post by elvisandcarmen »

we will be in sec E row 20 seats 3&4!!!!!!
Will there be a Frisco Feeding Frenzy ?
Attachments
022.JPG
022.JPG (466.45 KiB) Viewed 2498 times

LanceC
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurrican Season
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Post by LanceC »

Vanilla... So I've been emailing back and forth and here is what I know...

1. Golf carts allowed
2. You reserve now... They mail you a voucher... You can pay when you arrive in cash or send check or Paypal now
3. RVs are $300 for whole weekend including whatever you pulled it with. Additional cars are $40 a day. You can start parking on Thursday and you have in and out the whole time.
4. It's on grass... Downside could be a flood
5. We are right on Frisco street and south of enterprise st right across from east parking lot which is perfect

JohnMc
I have found me a home

Post by JohnMc »

Got tix. Not great, but I'm going to the show. TicketB sucks. Similar experience that others like Larry and Jedi have posted. Pulled up a lot of seats but most of them far on the side in sections A & E. Worked on it for 1 1/2 hours. After a while they locked my desktop out. Then my laptop gotten the Forbidden message. Finally I settled for the cheap seats in 116 by some of the other phriends. Glad I have plenty of computers in my office. Only TicketB can make transactions that difficult and still make buckets of money.
Fins Up!!

JohnMc
I have found me a home

Post by JohnMc »

By the way, since there's a lot of discussion today about the parking lot and parking prices..... Wasn't the cost for parking already included in the face price of the ticket last year at GEXA?
Fins Up!!

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Let us know what you decide. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

jedivet
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

JohnMc wrote:Got tix. Not great, but I'm going to the show. TicketB sucks. Similar experience that others like Larry and Jedi have posted. Pulled up a lot of seats but most of them far on the side in sections A & E. Worked on it for 1 1/2 hours. After a while they locked my desktop out. Then my laptop gotten the Forbidden message. Finally I settled for the cheap seats in 116 by some of the other phriends. Glad I have plenty of computers in my office. Only TicketB can make transactions that difficult and still make buckets of money.
That's *exactly* what happened to me. My desktop and laptop got "forbidden" after about an hour of playing/trying to get good seats. My phone was still okay, though, so I just took what I could get. You know how it is. It's cool, though, less money and at least it's taken care of. I work on Sat, as do my two phriends who are going, which just leaves one to try when the masses do so, so it wasn't worth it to worry about them then. I'm im 117, so at least you'll have some company! ;)
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...

jedivet
Overkill

Post by jedivet »

JohnMc wrote:By the way, since there's a lot of discussion today about the parking lot and parking prices..... Wasn't the cost for parking already included in the face price of the ticket last year at GEXA?
Yes. Fair Park doesn't charge for parking for concerts, so no extra fees.

Frisco? Whole different beast.

jedivet
Overkill

Post by jedivet »

I'm going to let things settle for a few days, but as far as parking goes, I'd really love for us all to be together again. Anyone have ideas? Anyone willing to coordinate things? I'm game to chip in wherever I can, but not sure I can do the whole thing?

Bill? Any help? I know you're not going this year, but maybe some ideas? Willing to share the Leaky Tiki if someone can come get it/it is still up to the task? I might be able to do that. I've got a truck that can haul it. I'd need to talk to my husband, as it's his truck, but we might be able to work something out if you're okay with it/we figure out where everyone might be able to meet (not meat) up?

Thoughts? Anyone?

JohnMc
I have found me a home

Post by JohnMc »

jedivet wrote:I'm going to let things settle for a few days, but as far as parking goes, I'd really love for us all to be together again. Anyone have ideas? Anyone willing to coordinate things? I'm game to chip in wherever I can, but not sure I can do the whole thing?

Bill? Any help? I know you're not going this year, but maybe some ideas? Willing to share the Leaky Tiki if someone can come get it/it is still up to the task? I might be able to do that. I've got a truck that can haul it. I'd need to talk to my husband, as it's his truck, but we might be able to work something out if you're okay with it/we figure out where everyone might be able to meet (not meat) up?

Thoughts? Anyone?
It sounds like Patrick is getting a small phlock of RVs together for early arrival at our usual spot. I'm not sure that I can be there that early. Given the new parking rules, I'm not sure if they'd be able to save spaces for phriends. I'm kind of wishing this was back at GEXA. That was such a laid back scene. Couldn't have been nicer.
Fins Up!!

clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

Row 9 E near Lynsie and her harem of Mobray and tequila drinkers. Flying in Sat morning. Might do ATX on a fly in fly out. Gotta work 8)

clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

nycfeat wrote:
Let us know what you decide. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Taxi Cab and back pack. Flying to Love early Sat got a room on Legacy.

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

JohnMc wrote:
jedivet wrote:I'm going to let things settle for a few days, but as far as parking goes, I'd really love for us all to be together again. Anyone have ideas? Anyone willing to coordinate things? I'm game to chip in wherever I can, but not sure I can do the whole thing?

Thoughts? Anyone?
It sounds like Patrick is getting a small phlock of RVs together for early arrival at our usual spot. I'm not sure that I can be there that early. Given the new parking rules, I'm not sure if they'd be able to save spaces for phriends. I'm kind of wishing this was back at GEXA. That was such a laid back scene. Couldn't have been nicer.
Yep, check the FB postings....