Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Re: Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Post by piratenurse »

Mr Play wrote:The grass lots are great until it rains, but then it gets awful. Not just wet grass either - think RV's getting stuck in the mud and having to be towed out. My suggestion would be to secure the pavilion at the green lot on Thursday with EZ-Ups, tents, caution tape, bodies, etc like we did in 2007. Then line up together before the parking lot opens and go in together.

Patrick Gordon aka phlip phlop repairman is coordinating the logistics using this approach. He is a good, trusted friend of mine and I'm glad he stepped up to organize in my absence this year. I've agreed to help by advising him as he runs into problems or has questions about what has worked well for us before.

Unfortunately his work schedule doesn't give him time to manage this thread in the BN format closely from his phone, so he's keeping up with a couple of facebook pages instead. Hopefully everyone can access these links but if not, friend me (Bill Ansel) and ask me to add you;
Group Page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/106425662811884/
Event Page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/508341195875588/
I wonder if they would let us try to put anything in the lot on Thursday. I wasn't there that year. I also wonder how early you can line up on Friday, haven't done that either. And another thanks to Patrick and Bill.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

I remember the 2011 Friday storm, anyone parked on grass would have been totally stuck. May in Dallas....I wouldn't chance it. I can also foresee problems with golf carts, because some people will try to drive them over to the FC lots. An officer was hit by one in 2011, so the PD would not be amused. Also wondering if there will be any Frisco PD supervision on the grass lot itself since this is an outside vendor; have they told anyone if they have hired security? Having the PD is a good thing, not a bad thing. There are a lot of people that come to this venue for the tailgate only and things can go south. Seems like they are charging nearly as much, so I'm sticking with Patrick and heading for "our" lot.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

Tuco
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Cadillac Margarita

Post by Tuco »

I was just wondering if anybody else here had trouble buying tickets through the Ticketmaster Android app.

Three times I bought tickets and each time they just vanished. :-?

My credit card did not get charged for it but it was very frustrating and I had some great seats there that I missed out on Tuesday during the presale.

Grams
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Grams »

piratenurse wrote:I remember the 2011 Friday storm, anyone parked on grass would have been totally stuck. May in Dallas....I wouldn't chance it. I can also foresee problems with golf carts, because some people will try to drive them over to the FC lots. An officer was hit by one in 2011, so the PD would not be amused. Also wondering if there will be any Frisco PD supervision on the grass lot itself since this is an outside vendor; have they told anyone if they have hired security? Having the PD is a good thing, not a bad thing. There are a lot of people that come to this venue for the tailgate only and things can go south. Seems like they are charging nearly as much, so I'm sticking with Patrick and heading for "our" lot.
I remember that... it was awful just looking at those poor people!!! There was mud everywhere and all the cars and campers were stuck!! There would be no way for me to be in that mess!!

srkmrd
Hoot!

Re:

Post by srkmrd »

jedivet wrote:
springparrot wrote:
Mr Play wrote:The grass lots are great until it rains, but then it gets awful. Not just wet grass either - think RV's getting stuck in the mud and having to be towed out. My suggestion would be to secure the pavilion at the green lot on Thursday with EZ-Ups, tents, caution tape, bodies, etc like we did in 2007. Then line up together before the parking lot opens and go in together.

Patrick Gordon aka phlip phlop repairman is coordinating the logistics using this approach. He is a good, trusted friend of mine and I'm glad he stepped up to organize in my absence this year. I've agreed to help by advising him as he runs into problems or has questions about what has worked well for us before.

Unfortunately his work schedule doesn't give him time to manage this thread in the BN format closely from his phone, so he's keeping up with a couple of facebook pages instead. Hopefully everyone can access these links but if not, friend me (Bill Ansel) and ask me to add you;
Thank you Bill and Patrick!
YES! Thank you!

I'm not on FB, but if someone can pass the relevant details over here periodically, I'll help wherever I can. I'm off during the week (though often asleep during the day, as it's easier for me to stay nocturnal due to work), so if the occasional errand needs run, let me know.

Also, I like the idea of this approach. I think it will work well to get us all at least mostly in the same area.
Here is what I have updated 'over there' so far :D
2/15/2013
If anyone coming in to town on Thursday with an RV wants to have a pre-tailgate tailgate, Michele and Mike are staying at Hidden Cove. 972-294-1443. The girl in the office parked them next to Patrick and Tammy, so let them know you are meeting your phriends and they'll try to put everyone close together. Then an early Friday morning RV conga line to the meetup spot.

2/13/2013 Here are a few updates, as I see them scanning the threads here and BN.
THERE NO SAVED OR PRE-PAID PARKING IN THE FC STADIUM PARKING, except if you are buyingn 4 spaces for $500 in the gold lot. Patrick has come up with a great plan to meet and try to get the same area we had in 2011, all of those that can be there 'early Friday should get in line with Patrick to get as much space as possible.

There is a privately owned grass lot east of the stadium where some are prepaying and staying, this lot will allow golf cart and ATV's although I would assume they will have to stay in the grassy area and still not get you around to the full tailgate.

Badges: Look for official word on how to give notice you want a badge, if I am printing them (and I am willing to do so) I will only consider people wanting one by contacting me through a PM on BN or a Message here of FB. I do not get to read every post so putting it in a post will not get to me :)

I am sure there will be a lot more talk about food and drink organization, since we are much smaller and not collecting fees, we should be somewhat out of the reach of the of the TABC, so I assume we can have a bucket of jello or pudding shots if we want :) :)

If this update info turns out to be a good avenue to get to everyone, just let me know anything that needs posted and I will update.

parking lot info from FC Stadium

http://www.fcdallasstadium.com/news/art ... as-stadium

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Thanks Patrick and Bill. The out of towners, or at least this out of towner, appreciate all the work the locals have done over the years to make this so much fun.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

PARROTHEAD69
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40; Treat Her Like A Lady
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane; Pineapple with Rum

Post by PARROTHEAD69 »

Got tickets--Sect D row 7

passedout
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: In The Shelter

Post by passedout »

Ditto on the rainstorm. It was a huge mess. On a brighter note the sun is always shining somewhere.

elvisandcarmen
Favorite Buffett Song: the wino that i know
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: all :)

Post by elvisandcarmen »

I've been to all the Frisco shows and I dont know if i would know how to act if it didn't rain :pirate: lol

JohnMc
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by JohnMc »

TicketBast*rd really sucks. Regular sales opened this morning, so I looked again just to see what's left. My first try came up with section B row 10. I couldn't get anywhere close to that on Tuesday. The pre-sale gimmick really blows.
Fins Up!!

passedout
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: In The Shelter

Post by passedout »

JohnMc wrote:TicketBast*rd really sucks. Regular sales opened this morning, so I looked again just to see what's left. My first try came up with section B row 10. I couldn't get anywhere close to that on Tuesday. The pre-sale gimmick really blows.
If they really sucked more people would love them. [smilie=asa.gif]

piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

LIPH wrote:

Thanks Patrick and Bill. The out of towners, or at least this out of towner, appreciate all the work the locals have done over the years to make this so much fun.
So does this mean that this Wild Eyed Southern Boy (aka my favorite HOG) is going to make Frisco this year? Sorry, Larry, but you're south of the Mason Dixon line now, makes you one of us.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I have a ticket to the show and a hotel reservation. What I don't have is cheap airfare.

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

LIPH wrote:I have a ticket to the show and a hotel reservation. What I don't have is cheap airfare.
ROADTRIP!!!
There's this one particular harbor.....

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Ticket bought!

Shannon are you coming to be in my wedding?
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

sunseeker wrote:
LIPH wrote:I have a ticket to the show and a hotel reservation. What I don't have is cheap airfare.
ROADTRIP!!!
I also have a ticket to the Austin show. I'm trying to decide if I should fly SC-Aus-DFW-SC or drive between Austin and Frisco. Coming back home from Frisco, the cheapest flight, by a lot, is 7am. I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to be at DFW that early.

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by txaggirl91 »

I'm in for Austin too. Got approval for days off so i can drive ya between venues.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Thanks Janice, I'll even spring for the gas. :lol:

srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

LIPH wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
ROADTRIP!!!
I also have a ticket to the Austin show. I'm trying to decide if I should fly SC-Aus-DFW-SC or drive between Austin and Frisco. Coming back home from Frisco, the cheapest flight, by a lot, is 7am. I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to be at DFW that early.
Not sure where you fly from in SC, but Southwest had some great rates in and out of Austin.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Tickets have been printed :D