Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Post by LIPH »

srkmrd wrote:
LIPH wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
LIPH wrote:I have a ticket to the show and a hotel reservation. What I don't have is cheap airfare.
ROADTRIP!!!
I also have a ticket to the Austin show. I'm trying to decide if I should fly SC-Aus-DFW-SC or drive between Austin and Frisco. Coming back home from Frisco, the cheapest flight, by a lot, is 7am. I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to be at DFW that early.
Not sure where you fly from in SC, but Southwest had some great rates in and out of Austin.
I'm about 7 miles from the Myrtle Beach airport. Florence, SC is a little less than 60 miles away and Charleston is about 90 miles +/-.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Landshark, of course!

Post by browneyedgrltx »

txaggirl91 wrote:I'm in for Austin too. Got approval for days off so i can drive ya between venues.
Definitely going to Austin (home) and Frisco is still in the planning/hoping stage. We want to come up and party with our phriends even if we don't make it to the show.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built."

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Vegas 08, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Frisco '07, '08, '09, 10, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
New Orleans Jazz Fest '02
Bristow, VA '99

JohnMc
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by JohnMc »

I called TickB and complained about the lousy pre-sale tickets. They refunded the pre-sale tickets and got me Section D Row 23.
Fins Up!!

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

JohnMc wrote:I called TickB and complained about the lousy pre-sale tickets. They refunded the pre-sale tickets and got me Section D Row 23.
Good for you!!!! See ya soon!!

scrapperrock
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Cairo/Zydecoldsmobile
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Parrot Punch

Post by scrapperrock »

Lots of us are thankful for Patrick's Okie spirit.....verrrry excited to rekindle phriendships after 2-year hiatusCheers to those that drove up to Little Rock last March......Molly...Phreckled Phruitcake chick, Cabana Tammy, My Bestest TX Chickiepoo,Shari...Ready to see y'all NOW!!!!!!!! Will miss you Bill, thanks for all your past work....yeoman duty!!! You're super.

Mr Play wrote:The grass lots are great until it rains, but then it gets awful. Not just wet grass either - think RV's getting stuck in the mud and having to be towed out. My suggestion would be to secure the pavilion at the green lot on Thursday with EZ-Ups, tents, caution tape, bodies, etc like we did in 2007. Then line up together before the parking lot opens and go in together.

Patrick Gordon aka phlip phlop repairman is coordinating the logistics using this approach. He is a good, trusted friend of mine and I'm glad he stepped up to organize in my absence this year. I've agreed to help by advising him as he runs into problems or has questions about what has worked well for us before.

Unfortunately his work schedule doesn't give him time to manage this thread in the BN format closely from his phone, so he's keeping up with a couple of facebook pages instead. Hopefully everyone can access these links but if not, friend me (Bill Ansel) and ask me to add you;
Group Page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/106425662811884/
Event Page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/508341195875588/

RUMBA IN THE ROCK!
Connie ***aka***Scrapperrock

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

Hail, all BNrs! This is gonna be a long post, so bear with me and please read it.
I was thinking about all the FFFs I've been to, how it was there I learned about partying with a purpose, even before I joined a Parrothead club, and about all the hard work Mr Play put into making these events not only awesome for us but to benefit others. The Parties That Matter motto is "Sharing so others may live." As most of you know, Mr Play also extends his caring to his professional life, working with Johnathan's Place, a non-profit organization that provides a homelike refuge for abused children.

I've always enjoyed setting up my little charity challenges for Frisco, so I thought hey, no reason to stop now. So here it is, my charity challenge for Frisco, 2013. The theme is:

[smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]

I challenge everyone who has ever attended a Frisco Feeding Frenzy, or who will be in Frisco this year, or just wish they could be..........to donate $20 to Johnathan's Place!

I will coordinate and collect the donations. Each donor will be assigned a number. After the tailgate, I will forward the donations to Bill and Johnathan's Place. Each donor will then receive a tax receipt from Johnathan's place.
I will also post an itemized account listing individual donations per donor number (so those who wish to remain anonymous can do so) and the total amount donated.

If you can donate more, feel free. If you can get others involved, even better (Parrothead club members, co-workers, etc).
I figure if we can manage our phun tickets and the outrageous rent for a little piece of concrete parking lot, we should be able to swing this. We are already up to $150 collected with around $300 in pledges as of 2/23/13!

You can PM me to get my contact info. Logistically speaking, getting donations mailed to me prior to the tailgate is optimal, although I will take them while I am there. I just may be doing a lot of walkabouts.
I will be posting on the FB event page also.

Disclaimer: I managed to convince Bill to give me his blessing (I wouldn't have done this without it), but this charity challenge is completely my idea. I feel that it is a way to help a wonderful cause and as a little side bonus, show Mr Play how much he has always meant to us. A lot of us wouldn't have ever met if he hadn't been there to organize the Frenzies.

I understand those who don't know me personally could be understandably leery about sending money to a stranger. I'm asking my BN friends to step up and vouch for me. I collected the donations to help with Vickster's funeral expenses, and the family got every penny.

I just cooked up this idea this morning, so planning and organization is in the early stage. But I'm ready to roll when you are!!!
Last edited by piratenurse on March 15, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm in.

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Thanks, Michele!

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

LIPH wrote:I'm in.
Thanks, Larry! You're the first! I'm not even going to mention the other ways I thought about writing that statement... :wink:
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

Cabana Chick
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by Cabana Chick »

Count us in

Grams
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Grams »

You got it!

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

I'm definitely in.

PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Lots of us are thankful for Patrick's Okie spirit.....verrrry excited to rekindle phriendships after 2-year hiatusCheers to those that drove up to Little Rock last March......Molly...Phreckled Phruitcake chick, Cabana Tammy, My Bestest TX Chickiepoo,Shari...Ready to see y'all NOW!!!!!!!! Will miss you Bill, thanks for all your past work....yeoman duty!!! You're super.

Oh my goodness, this was the day we drove to Little Rock and JB played for my birthday on March 1st. I remember seeing you, Larry, and Phreckled Phruitcake, but how the heck did I miss seeing Molly and Tammy and Shari!!!???? :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops:

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

PHarmGirl wrote:Lots of us are thankful for Patrick's Okie spirit.....verrrry excited to rekindle phriendships after 2-year hiatusCheers to those that drove up to Little Rock last March......Molly...Phreckled Phruitcake chick, Cabana Tammy, My Bestest TX Chickiepoo,Shari...Ready to see y'all NOW!!!!!!!! Will miss you Bill, thanks for all your past work....yeoman duty!!! You're super.

Oh my goodness, this was the day we drove to Little Rock and JB played for my birthday on March 1st. I remember seeing you, Larry, and Phreckled Phruitcake, but how the heck did I miss seeing Molly and Tammy and Shari!!!???? :o :o :o :oops: :oops: :oops:
At Hoot Island?
I saw you and have pictures with ya'll.

PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

springparrot wrote:
PHarmGirl wrote:Lots of us are thankful for Patrick's Okie spirit.....verrrry excited to rekindle phriendships after 2-year hiatusCheers to those that drove up to Little Rock last March......Molly...Phreckled Phruitcake chick, Cabana Tammy, My Bestest TX Chickiepoo,Shari...Ready to see y'all NOW!!!!!!!! Will miss you Bill, thanks for all your past work....yeoman duty!!! You're super.

At Hoot Island?
I remember Hoot Island in April and seeing you there and I also have pictures. But I didn't know you were in Little Rock on March 1st of last year. I don't remember Shari or Tammy being there either.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

There was a tent with information about medical marijuana at Little Rock. I don't remember too much else. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] (Just kidding, I don't smoke marijuana, tobacco or anything else.)

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

PHarmGirl wrote:
springparrot wrote:

At Hoot Island?
I remember Hoot Island in April and seeing you there and I also have pictures. But I didn't know you were in Little Rock on March 1st of last year. I don't remember Shari or Tammy being there either.
Opps, nope, wasn't in LR

JustShari
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade

Post by JustShari »

I wasn't in LR. Connie must have been at the same tent Larry was visiting :)
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!!

JustShari
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade

Post by JustShari »

I wasn't in LR. Connie must have been at the same tent Larry was visiting :)
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!!

PARROTHEAD69
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40; Treat Her Like A Lady
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane; Pineapple with Rum

Post by PARROTHEAD69 »

We're in. great idea.