Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Re: Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Post by piratenurse »

[smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]

Are you up to the challenge? Ready to party with a purpose? See page 29 for details!

The response has been awesome!!! Thank you all so much!
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

I'm working on getting receipt distribution details set. When I have that, I will update the info on page 29.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

I'm seriously lost and confused on what the plans are for parking and tailgating. Any clarification would be appreciated.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

txaggirl91 wrote:I'm seriously lost and confused on what the plans are for parking and tailgating. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Phlip phlop repairman is organizing some RVrs. Look back through the pages here.

There is also a FB event page that is being kept updated.

https://www.facebook.com/events/5083411 ... ts&fref=ts
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

txaggirl91 wrote:I'm seriously lost and confused on what the plans are for parking and tailgating. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thank you Janice...I thought it was just me [smilie=asa.gif]

VanillaGrl
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

My apologies if my post about the grass lot caused the confusion. I posted that here, only because I saw that a couple of people mentioned that they had gotten their vouchers for the grass lot, and my hubby had gotten additional info I thought they or anyone else who was thinking about parking there could use. I did not post it on the FB page that has the 'official' tailgate info.

The Bodypainter 2013

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

No KK, you didn't confuse me. I've been confused about who is doing, what, when.

[smilie=asa.gif]

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

I've been confused for days. It wasn't you KK.

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

I'm not getting the pages to pull up. Can someone send me an invite tho those pages on FB?

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

If you aren't going to the grass lots with your RVs, there are those of us lining up to get into the same parking lot we had in 2011. Check out FB.

JohnMc
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by JohnMc »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
LeftOutKnitter wrote:I saw that John Mc got his tickets bumped up. We got floor seats, section A row 21 and that was the best could get. We tried calling TM today and asking them to release closer seats, no go. Any hints? BamaBreeze suggested I toss it out here for some assistance. Are others getting better seats available today? (Saturday, February 16, 2013) :oops:

You should try to call back tomorrow. I just got row 9 in sec E.
I know some have called after the presale to have their seats upgraded.
Maybe you just got a grump who hates his job?
I should expand my previous post about TicketB, by adding that the refund on the lousy pre-sale seats and purchase of better seats was not an automatic accommodation. It wasn't until after I unloaded a severe amount of complaining about their system that the phone rep finally acquiesced and worked a better deal for me. Good luck.
Fins Up!!

peejay
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!

Post by peejay »

txaggirl91 wrote:I'm not getting the pages to pull up. Can someone send me an invite tho those pages on FB?
Yeah I can't get them to come up either.

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

JohnMc wrote:
BahamaBreeze wrote:
LeftOutKnitter wrote:I saw that John Mc got his tickets bumped up. We got floor seats, section A row 21 and that was the best could get. We tried calling TM today and asking them to release closer seats, no go. Any hints? BamaBreeze suggested I toss it out here for some assistance. Are others getting better seats available today? (Saturday, February 16, 2013) :oops:

You should try to call back tomorrow. I just got row 9 in sec E.
I know some have called after the presale to have their seats upgraded.
Maybe you just got a grump who hates his job?
I should expand my previous post about TicketB, by adding that the refund on the lousy pre-sale seats and purchase of better seats was not an automatic accommodation. It wasn't until after I unloaded a severe amount of complaining about their system that the phone rep finally acquiesced and worked a better deal for me. Good luck.
Hate that you had so much trouble. I actually just had a good experience with Ticketmaster (not with Buffett). I bought Fleetwood Mac tickets during the presale - floor seats but about 40 rows back. But during the regular sale, I pulled 10th row seats. I called TM and they exchanged them....rather pleasantly (much to my surprise). I also learned that if you decide you want a refund during the presale (as long as the regular tix have went on sale) they will give you a refund...
There's this one particular harbor.....

clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

VanillaGrl wrote:My apologies if my post about the grass lot caused the confusion. I posted that here, only because I saw that a couple of people mentioned that they had gotten their vouchers for the grass lot, and my hubby had gotten additional info I thought they or anyone else who was thinking about parking there could use. I did not post it on the FB page that has the 'official' tailgate info.
I am flying in with a backpack

ozzy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Almost all of them

Post by ozzy »

piratenurse wrote:Hail, all BNrs! This is gonna be a long post, so bear with me and please read it.
I was thinking about all the FFFs I've been to, how it was there I learned about partying with a purpose, even before I joined a Parrothead club, and about all the hard work Mr Play put into making these events not only awesome for us but to benefit others. The Parties That Matter motto is "Sharing so others may live." As most of you know, Mr Play also extends his caring to his professional life, working with Johnathan's Place, a non-profit organization that provides a homelike refuge for abused children.

I've always enjoyed setting up my little charity challenges for Frisco, so I thought hey, no reason to stop now. So here it is, my charity challenge for Frisco, 2013. The theme is:

[smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]

I challenge everyone who has ever attended a Frisco Feeding Frenzy, or who will be in Frisco this year, or just wish they could be..........to donate $20 to Johnathan's Place!

I will coordinate and collect the donations. Each donor will be assigned a number. I will send a tax receipt to each donor.
After the tailgate, I will forward the donations to Bill and Johnathan's Place.
I will also post an itemized account listing individual donations per donor number (so those who wish to remain anonymous can do so) and the total amount donated.

If you can donate more, feel free. If you can get others involved, even better (Parrothead club members, co-workers, etc).
I figure if we can manage our phun tickets and the outrageous rent for a little piece of concrete parking lot, we should be able to swing this. We are already up to $40!

You can PM me to get my contact info. Logistically speaking, getting donations mailed to me prior to the tailgate is optimal, although I will take them while I am there. I just may be doing a lot of walkabouts.
I will be posting on the FB event page also, you can PM me there also (Michele Kowalik).

Disclaimer: I managed to convince Bill to give me his blessing (I wouldn't have done this without it), but this charity challenge is completely my idea. I feel that it is a way to help a wonderful cause and as a little side bonus, show Mr Play how much he has always meant to us. A lot of us wouldn't have ever met if he hadn't been there to organize the Frenzies.

I understand those who don't know me personally could be understandably leery about sending money to a stranger. I'm asking my BN friends to step up and vouch for me. I collected the donations to help with Vickster's funeral expenses, and the family got every penny.

I just cooked up this idea this morning, so planning and organization is in the early stage. But I'm ready to roll when you are!!!

Count me in

ozzy
Southeast of disorder

Post by ozzy »

piratenurse wrote:
Phlip phlop repairman is organizing some RVrs. Look back through the pages here.

There is also a FB event page that is being kept updated.

https://www.facebook.com/events/5083411 ... ts&fref=ts

I get nothing on this page when I go to it, am I missing something?

ozzy
Southeast of disorder

Post by ozzy »

peejay wrote:
txaggirl91 wrote:I'm not getting the pages to pull up. Can someone send me an invite tho those pages on FB?
Yeah I can't get them to come up either.

Same here, the links get me nowhere

Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

For anyone who still can't see facebook pages, send me a friend request and I'll get you added;
http://www.facebook.com/billansel

Thanks!
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend

jedivet
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

springparrot wrote:
Thank you Janice...I thought it was just me [smilie=asa.gif]
Same. I'm lost. I just want us all to be together if at all possible. I'd be seriously bummed if that didn't happen. I've been waiting a long time to make it to a FFF again and I just want it to work out. Should we take a poll? I'm willing to go the grass lot route if we want to change ideas in light of the fact that they are reserving folks in groups? Thoughts?
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...

jedivet
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

VanillaGrl wrote:My apologies if my post about the grass lot caused the confusion. I posted that here, only because I saw that a couple of people mentioned that they had gotten their vouchers for the grass lot, and my hubby had gotten additional info I thought they or anyone else who was thinking about parking there could use. I did not post it on the FB page that has the 'official' tailgate info.
Not confused about the options. Confused about what we, as a group, are going to try to do. I'm up for whatever, but I want to be with the group. Honestly, I like the idea of the grass lots in that we can get vouchers ahead of time, but I like the pavilion location, too, so...

Just let me know where to go, group, and I'll be there!
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...