Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Re: Who's going to Frisco, TX 5-4-2013!!!

Post by jedivet »

LIPH wrote:
piratenurse wrote:Thanks, guys! I found a place that I can have some heart shaped stickers with "Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts" custom printed. They would be red, about 2 1/2-3 inches; thinking about having some printed and mailing/giving them out to donors so we can wear them at Frisco. What do you think?
Will the red hearts be anything like the yellow stars? :o :lol:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Somehow, I suspect they might be somewhat similar, sir. They just might...
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
piratenurse
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor (today, anyway)
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!!!!!!!

Post by piratenurse »

jedivet wrote:
LIPH wrote:
piratenurse wrote: [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] See page 29 for details. Thanks to all that have already joined in!

Now, somebody tell the BNrs that don't know me that this is legit, not one of those "Dear Sir, I am a princess in a foreign country and need your help" scams! :lol:

ImageImageImage
I meant to ask last night, do we make the checks out to you and you'll send one check to Johnathan's Place when we're done?
Can we PayPal the funds? I missed that earlier...
I have to see if I can figure out how to do that. I'm pretty low tech. Will put out more info tomorrow.
I'm a Finhead Guy Finatic!
Real Parrotheads Ride the Pole!
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

jedivet wrote:
LIPH wrote:
piratenurse wrote:Thanks, guys! I found a place that I can have some heart shaped stickers with "Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts" custom printed. They would be red, about 2 1/2-3 inches; thinking about having some printed and mailing/giving them out to donors so we can wear them at Frisco. What do you think?

Maybe I should give out 2 to each donor.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

piratenurse wrote:
jedivet wrote:
LIPH wrote:
piratenurse wrote: [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] Johnathan's Place Is In Our Hearts! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] See page 29 for details. Thanks to all that have already joined in!

Now, somebody tell the BNrs that don't know me that this is legit, not one of those "Dear Sir, I am a princess in a foreign country and need your help" scams! :lol:

ImageImageImage
I meant to ask last night, do we make the checks out to you and you'll send one check to Johnathan's Place when we're done?
Can we PayPal the funds? I missed that earlier...
I have to see if I can figure out how to do that. I'm pretty low tech. Will put out more info tomorrow.
Sounds good. I'm in no hurry. Take your time.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

jedivet wrote:
LIPH wrote:

Or maybe they'll be like the red and black hearts from 2008. :lol:

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

piratenurse wrote:
jedivet wrote:
LIPH wrote:

Maybe I should give out 2 to each donor.
*nods sagely*

Indeed.
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

I had to think about this for a minute. We are all individually donating to a non-profit organization. I have no affiliation with Johnathan's Place, I am just coordinating the effort. Each check needs to be made out to them so you can get your receipt. That knocks out Paypal also. Just gonna have to use snail mail, I will collect and send everything UPS or Fedex, will mail receipts. The cost of mailing won't be that much, I have no problem absorbing that.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

OK, thanks Michele.
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

piratenurse wrote:I had to think about this for a minute. We are all individually donating to a non-profit organization. I have no affiliation with Johnathan's Place, I am just coordinating the effort. Each check needs to be made out to them so you can get your receipt. That knocks out Paypal also. Just gonna have to use snail mail, I will collect and send everything UPS or Fedex, will mail receipts. The cost of mailing won't be that much, I have no problem absorbing that.
We are in. How about have everyone give you an email address and you can email receipts and save a stamp and envelope cost?
LeftOutKnitter
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by LeftOutKnitter »

FINS4LIFE wrote:Does anybody happen to have any xtra tickets that might be available..2 or 4 maybe
YES!!!! We have THREE tickets section 131 row 6 ( I think, you can see them in ticket exchange) and I am desperate to pass them along (face value plus TB fees) because this is cold hard cash I paid, not credit card. We ended up both buying tickets. :(
LeftOutKnitter
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: When the Coast is Clear
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by LeftOutKnitter »

I saw that John Mc got his tickets bumped up. We got floor seats, section A row 21 and that was the best could get. We tried calling TM today and asking them to release closer seats, no go. Any hints? BamaBreeze suggested I toss it out here for some assistance. Are others getting better seats available today? (Saturday, February 16, 2013) :oops:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I wasn't trying, when I went for the good seats in the presale all I came up with were seats way on the outside aisle. I threw them back and went for the cheap seats instead, I'm in sec. 115.
piratenurse
Hoot!

Post by piratenurse »

srkmrd wrote:
piratenurse wrote:I had to think about this for a minute. We are all individually donating to a non-profit organization. I have no affiliation with Johnathan's Place, I am just coordinating the effort. Each check needs to be made out to them so you can get your receipt. That knocks out Paypal also. Just gonna have to use snail mail, I will collect and send everything UPS or Fedex, will mail receipts. The cost of mailing won't be that much, I have no problem absorbing that.
We are in. How about have everyone give you an email address and you can email receipts and save a stamp and envelope cost?
Good idea. I use my brain so much during the week, it's like a wrung out sponge by Saturday. I need to get some receipt details anyway.
I Triple Dog Dare Ya!
ImageImageImage
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Thanks, Michele, count us in!
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

LeftOutKnitter wrote:I saw that John Mc got his tickets bumped up. We got floor seats, section A row 21 and that was the best could get. We tried calling TM today and asking them to release closer seats, no go. Any hints? BamaBreeze suggested I toss it out here for some assistance. Are others getting better seats available today? (Saturday, February 16, 2013) :oops:

You should try to call back tomorrow. I just got row 9 in sec E.
I know some have called after the presale to have their seats upgraded.
Maybe you just got a grump who hates his job?
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Airline reservations have been booked.
Arriving at Dallas Love Field 10:41 AM, May 3rd.
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

LIPH wrote:I wasn't trying, when I went for the good seats in the presale all I came up with were seats way on the outside aisle. I threw them back and went for the cheap seats instead, I'm in sec. 115.
Same, though I think I'm in 117?
jedivet
License to Chill

Post by jedivet »

Got it. No worries!
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

Planosmith1 wrote: Lance is talking about the grass lots east of the stadium that are not owned or controlled by the stadium folks. At this time, the 'official' stadium concrete parking lots still have restrictions on motorized vehicles.

If you look at Google maps you will see the large grass fields he is talking about to the east of Frisco Street (or Farm to Market 2934). The area circled in yellow is what Lance is talking about. The area in red is the FC Dallas Stadium controlled area.
I just wanted to pass along some additional information for those who have decided to go the grass lot route. My hubby had a conversation with Gina on Friday and she said they want to work with everybody. Here is what she shared with him:

1. There will be security and port-a-potties

2. As for getting your vehicle/RV stuck if it rains:
She said it's only rained twice in the last several years and only a few people got stuck (she said they had the equipment on hand to assist with getting them out)

2. People that want to be parked together should let her know who or what group (i.e. Buffettnews Group) they are with when they call about getting their parking voucher. If you have already called and got your voucher and did not list yourself with a group, and you want to, call back and let her know. What they are doing is making a map with all the different groups and assigning spots so they can be kept together.

3. Those who arrive on Thursday, no matter what time, will be able to call Gina and she or her husband will come down to the lot to let you in and show you your assigned parking space.
KK :wench:
scrapperrock
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Cairo/Zydecoldsmobile
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Parrot Punch

Post by scrapperrock »

JustShari wrote:Piratenurse(Michelle) is the real deal folks. She's legit <3
DITTO....I will vouch for her...PN is the best!!

RUMBA IN THE ROCK!
Connie ***aka***Scrapperrock