Who's going to Austin, TX, 05-02-13 TIME CHANGE pg 1 !!

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Re: Who's going to Austin, TX, 05-02-13 TIME CHANGE pg 1 !!

Post by Bucarader »

srkmrd: How was the lawn? Is it ok?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Jump Up, her keets (yes both boys) and I are going to meet at 9 am at the Exxon at Riverside at 71/290 where the hotels and Waffle House are all located. They are driving in from Houston and College Station that morning.

Anyone else wanting to meet up and drive into the lot with us are welcomed to join us.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

txaggirl91 wrote:Jump Up, her keets (yes both boys) and I are going to meet at 9 am at the Exxon at Riverside at 71/290 where the hotels and Waffle House are all located. They are driving in from Houston and College Station that morning.

Anyone else wanting to meet up and drive into the lot with us are welcomed to join us.
Do you have an address for the GPS?

pcook
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pcook »

txaggirl91 wrote:Jump Up, her keets (yes both boys) and I are going to meet at 9 am at the Exxon at Riverside at 71/290 where the hotels and Waffle House are all located. They are driving in from Houston and College Station that morning.

I'm not leaving Corpus until Thursday morning so will make it to the venue early afternoon. What lot will you all be in?
The weather is here...

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

Not really.

The La Qunita Austin airport is at the same intersection. Their address is 7625 E Ben White Blvd. Austin 78741

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

We got passes in the lot they let us buy it in. I'll post where we park so y'all can join us when y'all get in.

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Bucarader »

We are also leaving Corpus the morning of the show. We will have to meet up with the rest of our group before we head out.

Does anyone know what time the gate opens?

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

Lots open at 9

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Bucarader »

Sorry. I meant the venue?

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Molly, I found this for Waffle House
7809 E Ben White Blvd Austin TX 78744

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Bucarader »

Looks like we have a lot of us Ags going to the Austin show! WHOOP!

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

Last time I looked, Thursday forecast was highs mid 80s, lows in the 60s with a 20% chance of rain.

srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by srkmrd »

Bucarader wrote:srkmrd: How was the lawn? Is it ok?
Our spot was actually pretty good...I would bring a small tarp(in case it is damp) and a blanket... We were at the very front of the lawn.... We will try for that again. Don is pretty good at getting and and staking out a spot.

PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

srkmrd wrote:
Our spot was actually pretty good...I would bring a small tarp(in case it is damp) and a blanket... We were at the very front of the lawn.... We will try for that again. Don is pretty good at getting and and staking out a spot.
Dang, I forgot y'all were going to this concert. We got tickets at the last minute and decided to go because we were going to be in town anyway to visit my brother and SIL who just moved to Austin, and we happened across some good tickets for this show. We got premium parking which is well worth it because some of the other lots seem like a pretty long haul. There is not a lot out near this venue as far as restaurants, etc., it is pretty much out in the boonies. And not very good signage to direct you where to go so pay attention. There was a group in line ahead of us that had some lawn chairs with short legs and they would not let them in even though they said they had called and were told that lawn chairs with 12" or shorter were allowed. The guys at the gate were telling them that the chairs were too tall and that your butt had to be touching the ground. We got directed to several different entrances, not sure why, it was very confusing. They said we needed to go get a wristband, and then when we waited in that line, they said no, we did not. After we got in, we noticed that there was a place you could rent lawn chairs, might be worth checking out if you are in the lawn area and want a chair since they are so picky about the chair you bring in. There were "real" restrooms that we used to the left and back of the stage area, near lots of the vendors and concession stands, did not have to show our tickets to use these. And there were also "real" restrooms to the right front of the stage, we did have to show our tickets to use these, we were in seats up fairly close to the front. There were two screens on each side of the stage, not very large, and there were messed up areas in them, not very impressive at all, but we did not really rely on them since we were fairly close to the stage. Sound was good. Anyway, hope this helps and hope you all have fun at the JB concert! It will all be good, I am sure!

srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

PHarmGirl wrote:
srkmrd wrote:
Dang, I forgot y'all were going to this concert. We got tickets at the last minute and decided to go because we were going to be in town anyway to visit my brother and SIL who just moved to Austin, and we happened across some good tickets for this show. We got premium parking which is well worth it because some of the other lots seem like a pretty long haul. There is not a lot out near this venue as far as restaurants, etc., it is pretty much out in the boonies. And not very good signage to direct you where to go so pay attention. There was a group in line ahead of us that had some lawn chairs with short legs and they would not let them in even though they said they had called and were told that lawn chairs with 12" or shorter were allowed. The guys at the gate were telling them that the chairs were too tall and that your butt had to be touching the ground. We got directed to several different entrances, not sure why, it was very confusing. They said we needed to go get a wristband, and then when we waited in that line, they said no, we did not. After we got in, we noticed that there was a place you could rent lawn chairs, might be worth checking out if you are in the lawn area and want a chair since they are so picky about the chair you bring in. There were "real" restrooms that we used to the left and back of the stage area, near lots of the vendors and concession stands, did not have to show our tickets to use these. And there were also "real" restrooms to the right front of the stage, we did have to show our tickets to use these, we were in seats up fairly close to the front. There were two screens on each side of the stage, not very large, and there were messed up areas in them, not very impressive at all, but we did not really rely on them since we were fairly close to the stage. Sound was good. Anyway, hope this helps and hope you all have fun at the JB concert! It will all be good, I am sure!
We also had checked with the venue about chairs and then had to take our back to the car....we had a blanket but also sat by nice people who shared. The signs said they had chairs for rent but no-one at either stand knew anything about them, they even went and asked someone and they were clueless as well, so I would not count on that even though they may get it worked out. There is a Tito's stand that sells $12 drinks and also beer and wine, but someone told me closer down by the stage there was a smirnoff that sold vodka drinks for $8....guess you have to check if you want one of the over priced drinks :).
We did the VIP parking for this one as well, we got there early and parked right by a gate, it was very easy access. For Buffett we did not do VIP just because we figured we would be out tailgating anyway. There was a whole lot of right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing, they admitted that and were very nice ............. I told them get ready......Buffett was going to be an big crowd that would be there all day.......many did not even know that they were opening the lots the day before.........for Buffett.

They did have a area with games set up in an open area with some live music and table, that was kinda nice before the show..... I am sure there will even be more for Buffett.

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

I'm having a feeling they do not know what is going to hit them on Thursday. It could be great or it could be a nightmare.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

srkmrd wrote:
We use a cheap flannel back tablecloth......sit on the flannel side and put the plastic side on the grass.

Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

So is anyone going to Mishka at Bourbon Girl on Wednesday night?
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer

NickScalan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Shiner Bock

Post by NickScalan »

WooHoo!!! Got our free lawn tickets we won from Bob FM through a giveaway on their website.

Just a bit worried about availability of handicapped parking. The premium parking is sold out. I wouldn't think that would also include the handicapped spots.

Also, wondering if we can bring short beach chairs. My wife wants her beach chair because she may want to try and kick back and rest some because she has to get up and teach elementary kids in the morning. As a backup, we went and bought two $10 bleacher seats with backs at Academy.

Fins Up Austin !!!

Nick Scalan
Leander, TX

txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

Just saw the forecast for Thursday...looks like a front comes thru Wednesday night

High 70

Low 48

Partly cloudy