Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris
Number of Concerts: 20

Re: Who's Going to Cleveland June 24!??

Post by BPinMI »

Yeah we definitely should have left earlier to get in but like I said, we've been to 20+ shows and never missed the start of a single one before so it wasn't our first rodeo in terms knowing when to head in.
melon wrote:Sorry bout your luck. The lots are spread way out so that means so are the tailgates? We had a blast and we were inside and waiting for the show to start...which did NOT start on time so maybe you should have started walking earlier? Yeah not the massive crowded tailgates i have had like in cincy for instance but we had a very good time. Just my opinion.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Post pictures of our BN Phamily please :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

melon
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in breathe out
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by melon »

Saltx3 wrote:Post pictures of our BN Phamily please :)
I have a few pics, but Bill has lots of his paintings and bern said he would be posting some soon!
I'm too sexy for my hair

Bern
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to reason with hurricane season / Coast of Marseilles
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: The one currently in my hand......

Post by Bern »

I will post what appropriate photos I have as soon as I get my daughter to do it since I have no clue what I am doing. I have about 3 appropriate, close to 50 inappropriate.

Great show. Sound under the pavilion was great, still want less covers, less over played, more originals from the start of the journey on...but it is hard to argue about giving the public what they want to hear.

Too many old PHiends, and new many more new to mention, that I would hate to miss anyone. Very good time, and Dispite the horrible forecast, mother nature came through with a beautiful day and night, with only one 10 minute maybe hiccup along the way. Jeff in Toronto (JePH) took one for the team, as he kept the storms North of Disorder for us tonight. For those I forwarded photos, you know why I hesitate to publicly post.

The tailgating situation, and Blossom itself, can be spotty at best, and they spread everyone out, and they funnel everyone in and out over one narrow walk way, exremely over charge for everything once in. It really is not a great user friendly venue, but they did alright by us. BPinMI, we wish you were with us. We would have kept you very busy!

A Very big shout out to ALL the PHolks with the NCPHC.......wow, a lot of time and effort organizing hotel, pre concert parties, bands, food & drink specials, bus service in and out of venue, and an instant tailgate party that featured guests from many states, Canada, and even a mates from Australia.....love the hospitality, and the open door for all to come along for the ride. The efforts are VERY APPRECIATED!!! Very proud to be associated with this group.

Painter's work is extremely impressive. When at a show near you, an exibition not to be missed, so much talent, I fully expect to see his work at the Cleveland museum of art, in the tropical watercolor section. His attention to detail is flawless. While quickly decorating some, I did notice particular attention to details with some special subjects, and I was not the only one. Seems many followers who appreciate fine art formed a watchful crowd as he worked his magic.... :wink:

Boy, I hope we get the chance to do this again in Cleveland!
Fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street
Struttin naked through the crosswalk
In the middle of the week
Half-baked people on the bus
Theres a little bit of fruitcake in every one of us

bodypainter
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Great recap,Bern!Thanks for the compliments.Your food was super!Luckily,I had antacids for the heartburn.I think I know the amount of food and drink I can have,but I crossed that line again.I should drink water the last hour of tailgating.Anne won't be at Pittsburgh,so could Lori nag me about consumption?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

bodypainter wrote:Great recap,Bern!Thanks for the compliments.Your food was super!Luckily,I had antacids for the heartburn.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Bern
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to reason with hurricane season / Coast of Marseilles

Post by Bern »

bodypainter wrote:Great recap,Bern!Thanks for the compliments.Your food was super!Luckily,I had antacids for the heartburn.I think I know the amount of food and drink I can have,but I crossed that line again.I should drink water the last hour of tailgating.Anne won't be at Pittsburgh,so could Lori nag me about consumption?

She will do one better. Won't limit it to just consumption.......and will have a month to prepare.....

Btw, our walk into the venue was a continuation of your work, with even more artistic details.... :D
Fruitcakes on the street

Bern

Post by Bern »

lime rickie wrote:
bodypainter wrote:Great recap,Bern!Thanks for the compliments.Your food was super!Luckily,I had antacids for the heartburn.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed that as well.....lol
Fruitcakes on the street

parrothead216
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday

Post by parrothead216 »

melon wrote:Sorry bout your luck. The lots are spread way out so that means so are the tailgates? We had a blast and we were inside and waiting for the show to start...which did NOT start on time so maybe you should have started walking earlier? Yeah not the massive crowded tailgates i have had like in cincy for instance but we had a very good time. Just my opinion.

Melon, I agree...... we had to have close in parking so we were in the VIP Lot, but Blossom is about the show...... the tailgate isn't the main focus of the day as it is in many other venues. It is out in the sticks with many lots. The next time they should try one of the paved(paid) lots.......much more organized tailgates there. Blossom has never been the easiest venue...parking is difficult and in and out can be very difficult......but it is a wonderful place to see Jimmy and as he said again last night....Blossom is the first venue in the country where he EVER sold out...... My wife and I had a great time.......as well! Phins UP! :D :D :D
BUFFETTING: The act of leaving reality and going off to see Jimmy Buffett!

Mr. Webster, we have a NEW definition!

melon
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in breathe out
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by melon »

parrothead216 wrote:

Melon, I agree...... we had to have close in parking so we were in the VIP Lot, but Blossom is about the show...... the tailgate isn't the main focus of the day as it is in many other venues. It is out in the sticks with many lots. The next time they should try one of the paved(paid) lots.......much more organized tailgates there. Blossom has never been the easiest venue...parking is difficult and in and out can be very difficult......but it is a wonderful place to see Jimmy and as he said again last night....Blossom is the first venue in the country where he EVER sold out...... My wife and I had a great time.......as well! Phins UP! :D :D :D
We also were in the premium lot and within easy walking to the northcoast clubs tailgate and the venue, glad you had a great time too!
I'm too sexy for my hair

Bern

Post by Bern »

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... gy_bl.html

This year's local review.

I have had many people talk about how sorry the rain must have ruined everything......just about 30 miles north, in the City and suburbs along the lake, apparently it started around 3, and never let up. Some areas had high winds, downpours....

Proof that even the Dear Lord, and Mother Nature are Parrothead's at heart!
Fruitcakes on the street