Who's going to Great Woods August 15th 2015?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Who's going to Great Woods August 15th 2015?

Post by urlcenter »

Narnce wrote:Just checked the entertainment license to Live Nation and that states "drinking in the parking lots is prohibited". In addition, the town has an indemnification agreement which pretty much says, "Live Nation, you are on the hook if anything happens, don't be looking at us." The question is, have the incidents at Tim McGraw & Summer Jam, the one with Snoop, early in the concert season caused some pressure to change how things are done. I know Summer Jam parking lots didn't open until 4 with a concert time of 6.

There are a few concerts between now and 8/15 that can be a problem, the Vans Warped Tour, Mayhem Festival (as Tommy mentioned), the Metal Megaticket, and the night before Toby Keith (for some reason the kids go to the country acts and drink stupid). So, we will have to see if we hear anything new.
The Vans Warped Tour and the Mayhem Festival will the two to watch closely as both show have very early start times, Vans Warped Tour starts at 11am and the Mayhem Festival starts at 1pm. Last year's Vans Warped Tour had issues due to combination of under age drinking and the show happening on Day where temps were over 85 degrees
gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Dave & Barb 2
Jen 1
Andrea 1
Tommy 2
Ravi 1
Matt 7
Tig 1
Nancy 2
Randall 5
Lefty 2
Libby & Dale 3
Mitch 2
Bob & Linda 5
Patrick 3
Sister Sarah 1
Last edited by gunthermoose on July 6, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Food, me +2

And regarding drinking in the lot. I went to a show there a few weeks ago and the police were def making everyone aware that drinking isn't allowed more so than usual as they walked around. They were not confiscating booze but were telling people to use cups if they saw people with open bottle/cans and there were new signs posted throughout the lot on light poles about drinking. This was for a concert on a much smaller scale though (Train/ The Fray) and the tailgating was tepid at best so they may have been more lenient that day.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

I still think (and hope) we will be ok. This is a good group of almost adults :lol:
Respect the cops and don't act stupid.
I will say I was surprised last year that they allowed beer drinking out of cans/bottles and the bottles of liqueur were ok to be out on the table. Remember though, I come from the land of JLL where they banned tailgating in 2011. Security this year asked what the pool ladder was for & didn't know what an ice luge was. Radiod someone who said I had to take it down (didn't happen) and later came back to take a 'shot' of water off it. Just saying, it's all in how you act...don't be a d*ck
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

tailgaitingph wrote:I still think (and hope) we will be ok. This is a good group of almost adults :lol:
I will say I was surprised last year that they allowed beer drinking out of cans/bottles and the bottles of liqueur were ok to be out on the table. Remember though, I come from the land of JLL where they banned tailgating in 2011. Security this year asked what the pool ladder was for & didn't know what an ice luge was. Radiod someone who said I had to take it down (didn't happen) and later came back to take a 'shot' of water off it. Just saying, it's all in how you act...don't be a d*ck
The BNer's and Parrothead clubs aren't the problem ( which is a small percentage)....it's the 20-30 year olds who really aren't there for the music,but the party. They are the one's who screw it up for everyone...just takes 1!!!!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

It's definitely not the BN crowd.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote:It's definitely not the BN crowd.
but we are a small percentage , the rules pertain to all , not just BN. As for most concerts , it's a small group that ruin it for others. Which sucks. Most people who drink don't think they are the problem , or think anything could happen to them. I was coming home from MA about a month ago , and got pulled over in a DUI check in CT , thank god I stopped drinking , when pulled over , they asked if I was drinking . I said yes , I had 2 about 4 hours ago. Officer said have a good night. I was driving my sister and BIL car , they would of failed. In CT .08 is drunk , 2 drinks in a hour you are legally drunk , doesn't matter female , male or body size or if it's beer , wine or liquor.... a good thing to remember is it takes about 40 minutes for your body to process one drink out of your system.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
tailgaitingph wrote:I still think (and hope) we will be ok. This is a good group of almost adults :lol:
The BNer's and Parrothead clubs aren't the problem ( which is a small percentage)....it's the 20-30 year olds who really aren't there for the music,but the party. They are the one's who screw it up for everyone...just takes 1!!!!
Okay. Fine. I'll step up. I'll do it. Its usually me, anyways.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

who poured that ????
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

As per usual......we'll be bringing the cannoli and lobster tails....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Last Call !!!

Dave & Barb 2
Jen 1
Andrea 1
Tommy 2
Ravi 1
Matt 7
Tig 1
Nancy 2
Randall 5
Lefty 2
Libby & Dale 3
Mitch 2
Bob & Linda 5
Patrick 3
Sister Sarah 1
Dave & Carol 2
Tam 2
Marilyn & Chris 2
Kate 2
Last edited by gunthermoose on July 12, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

It's good to see Tamara's name on that list. Where the heck has she been hiding??? Her last post here was back on 10/03/13 :o

I enjoyed her contributions to BN. Please tell her to stop by sometime! :D

John
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Sad to be missing the New England peeps this year. Hope to be back soon! I know you guys will have a ball!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

sistergoldenhair wrote:Sad to be missing the New England peeps this year. Hope to be back soon! I know you guys will have a ball!
Back atcha, sister. (((Colleen)))

I am bringing crabby patties this year, sort of like a crab potato pancake thing. I wouldn't even attempt it if you were there with your crab cakes. [smilie=yum.gif]

urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Everyone who is attending Jimmy's 8/15 show at GW should watch for reports from the venue tomorrow. The Vans Warped Tour is at GW today and last year's version of this show triggered a mass casualty event due to a large number of patrons drinking and getting dehydrated on a day very much like this one. It is a safe bet that the officials in Mansfield are watching today's event very closely as there as already been a mass casualty event at GW earlier this year.

Let's hope that no one gets hurt or sick today and that we can keep having our annual Buffett show at GW
Last edited by urlcenter on July 13, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

urlcenter wrote:Everyone who is attending Jimmy's 8/15 show at GW should watch for reports from the venue today. The Vans Warped Tour is at GW today and last year's version of this show triggered a mass casualty event due to a large number of patrons drinking and getting dehydrated on a day very much like this one. It is a safe bet that the officials in Mansfield are watching today's event very closely as there as already been a mass casualty event at GW earlier this year.

Let's hope that no one gets hurt or sick today and that we can keep having our annual Buffett show at GW
It was in Hartford last night, i haven't heard of any issues there yet. I know they have had problems with a couple of the country shows , underage drinking and fights.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

TommyBahama wrote:
urlcenter wrote:Everyone who is attending Jimmy's 8/15 show at GW should watch for reports from the venue today. The Vans Warped Tour is at GW today and last year's version of this show triggered a mass casualty event due to a large number of patrons drinking and getting dehydrated on a day very much like this one. It is a safe bet that the officials in Mansfield are watching today's event very closely as there as already been a mass casualty event at GW earlier this year.

It was in Hartford last night, i haven't heard of any issues there yet. I know they have had problems with a couple of the country shows , underage drinking and fights.
GW is opening the parking lots at 8:30 tomorrow morning for The Vans Warped Tour and the show goes from 11am on in 80+ degree temps. Let's just say the right elements are in place for problems
Last edited by urlcenter on July 13, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narnce
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by Narnce »

urlcenter wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

GW opened the parking lots at 8:30 this morning for The Vans Warped Tour and the show goes from 11am on in 80+ degree temps. Let's just say the right elements are in place for problems

Actually, the concert is tomorrow night. I knew it was too quiet in town & on twitter for it to be today :wink: