Who's Going to Chicago/Tinley Park June 27th, 2015?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Re: Who's Going to Chicago/Tinley Park June 27th, 2015?

Post by Nighthawk »

BoatBeachBarBallad50 wrote:A few years ago there was a Buffett cover band playing @ the Margaritaville on Navy Pier and another one further down the pier @ the beer garden, but that was when the show was @ Northerly Island. It's always best to do a night or 3 downtown before the show.

That is a good hour + now from Tinley. Major work is being done on the circle interchange.. now known as the "Byrne Interchange" Very highly recommended that you do NOT enter the city at all. Stay down south. Plenty of stuff will be happening down there where you do not have to drive over hell and high water. Especially if you are driving from out of state, and plan on driving everywhere with out of state plates, you will stick out like .... well I won't go there because I'm not going to offend anyone.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.

BoatBeachBarBallad50
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by BoatBeachBarBallad50 »

They have this thing in Chicago & other big cities called a transit system. Works really well and is cheaper and less hassle than driving through traffic and construction and then finding parking. Plus, nobody will know you're from out of state (if you care about those things).

Or you could stay in the booming fun Tinley Park/Matteson area and not risk having a good time.

Nighthawk
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

Im just saying.... If you like staying late, the last train to the south burbs leaves just before Midnight. Plus any Chicagoan never goes to Navy Pier unless they have out of town company. :D
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.

MDown
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 27
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito's Vodka and just about anything

Post by MDown »

Nighthawk wrote:Im just saying.... If you like staying late, the last train to the south burbs leaves just before Midnight. Plus any Chicagoan never goes to Navy Pier unless they have out of town company. :D
Tinley Park to Navy Pier on Metra/CTA would be a hassle. Especially for somebody from out of town. Lots to do in the Tinley Park area. Not the city vibe, but certainly possible to have fun.

SBParrothead
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Cerveza

Post by SBParrothead »

Nighthawk wrote:
BoatBeachBarBallad50 wrote:A few years ago there was a Buffett cover band playing @ the Margaritaville on Navy Pier and another one further down the pier @ the beer garden, but that was when the show was @ Northerly Island. It's always best to do a night or 3 downtown before the show.

That is a good hour + now from Tinley. Major work is being done on the circle interchange.. now known as the "Byrne Interchange" Very highly recommended that you do NOT enter the city at all. Stay down south. Plenty of stuff will be happening down there where you do not have to drive over hell and high water. Especially if you are driving from out of state, and plan on driving everywhere with out of state plates, you will stick out like .... well I won't go there because I'm not going to offend anyone.
There's always construction in Chicago. That's life. I wouldn't necessarily dissuade anyone from coming into the city. From Indy, they can take 65 to 90, Skyway to Lakeshore Drive and be just fine.

And the part about out of state plates just isn't true. I regularly drive in the city with Indiana plates. I have been for 40 years. Not a single thing has happened to me. Not even once. Common sense and you'll be just fine.

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

No offense, but I'd take Nighthawk's warnings with a grain of salt, and a lime, and tequila.

He always sounds like the "we're doomed... we'll never make it" guy in the Chicago concert threads, but everyone seems to manage to have a great time, whether they venture to the city / Navy Pier, or whether they stay in the burbs.

There used to be multiple Buffetty entertainment options to choose from on the Friday before, in both areas, but it's been fairly limited in recent years. I've only really known of the Navy Pier stuff of late, and guessing it's probable for this year too. It was fun when Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band played the TP HI the night before and afternoon of. They ARE playing in Wauconda the day after, but that's northwest of the venue. Cheeseheads, Minnesotans, and the like could hit it on their way home.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

SBParrothead
Southeast of disorder

Post by SBParrothead »

Tiki Bar wrote:No offense, but I'd take Nighthawk's warnings with a grain of salt, and a lime, and tequila.

He always sounds like the "we're doomed... we'll never make it" guy in the Chicago concert threads, but everyone seems to manage to have a great time, whether they venture to the city / Navy Pier, or whether they stay in the burbs.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I think when the concert was at Northerly, he was telling people not to enter the city as they may get shot or something.

At any rate, I feel compelled to respond because I'd hate for someone not to do what they planned based on bad advice. Chicago is a great city with so much to offer.

finz83
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After(every now and then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by finz83 »

Hi, we have tickets to Chicago/Tinley Park this year, a group of 10 of us, since the Detroit shows have been at Comerica Park. It has been a few years, since we have gone to Tinley Park. We do have rooms at Comfort Inn. Sounds like the parking lot is opening at 2. We spoke to the hotel and they said they have no issue with us tailgating there before the venue opens. Anything else to know since it has been a while?
My whole world lies waiting behind DOOR #3! In the meantime, I am just sippin' on a margarita.........

SBParrothead
Southeast of disorder

Post by SBParrothead »

finz83 wrote:Hi, we have tickets to Chicago/Tinley Park this year, a group of 10 of us, since the Detroit shows have been at Comerica Park. It has been a few years, since we have gone to Tinley Park. We do have rooms at Comfort Inn. Sounds like the parking lot is opening at 2. We spoke to the hotel and they said they have no issue with us tailgating there before the venue opens. Anything else to know since it has been a while?
Nah, that's about right. It's our plan too. Drive from South Bend in the morning, start in the hotel parking lot and head to the venue to arrive at 2. Pretty standard for Tinley.

Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

I was there for the Wrigley Field show, now I'm coming back to Chicago! Wow, its been almost ten years!!!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!

LandShark9
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Too many to choose just one
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything is good with the right people!

Post by LandShark9 »

We staying at the Holiday Inn while attending the show in Chicago. We were there last year as well. We did the whole Odyssey Golf "pregame" party, but got tired of being yelled at for having drink outside. It is not a true tailgate party there and we really miss the days of Toyota. Maybe Holiday would be fine with us tailgating there until we can get into the park at 2 (or whenever they let us in). Sounds like Comfort Inn is cool with it and maybe Holiday Inn will follow suit. Thoughts about making that a tailgate spot??? It is a very large lot and could hold a decent party before the big show. It is also only 3-5 minutes away. Lets make it happen!!!

SBParrothead
Southeast of disorder

Post by SBParrothead »

LandShark9 wrote:We staying at the Holiday Inn while attending the show in Chicago. We were there last year as well. We did the whole Odyssey Golf "pregame" party, but got tired of being yelled at for having drink outside. It is not a true tailgate party there and we really miss the days of Toyota. Maybe Holiday would be fine with us tailgating there until we can get into the park at 2 (or whenever they let us in). Sounds like Comfort Inn is cool with it and maybe Holiday Inn will follow suit. Thoughts about making that a tailgate spot??? It is a very large lot and could hold a decent party before the big show. It is also only 3-5 minutes away. Lets make it happen!!!
There are always big tailgates at the Holiday Inn lot, unless they decide to put a stop to it, which I doubt. There will be a tailgate at the Hampton Inn parking lot. That I can guarantee! :P

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

I'll be at the Cubs/Dodgers game on Thursday, House of Blues on Friday, concert on Saturday, and who knows what on Sunday.

msundi83

Post by msundi83 »

Hey all! I see a lot of folks are staying in hotels around Tinley Park for the concert. Any Chicago folks know of any party buses from the city that are being offered. I've googled it over and over and I don't see much besides some rally bus that arrives at 6PM. Booooooo! We want to hang with some parrotheads and tailgate. I had a blast at Northerly Island last year, but I don't want to drive out to Tinley. Even when I lived in Iowa there was a Parotthead Club that had a bus to Tinley and Alpine Valley from the Quad Cities. I can't find any such thing in Chicago. If anyone in Chicago can enlighten me I would be grateful.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

47!!!!

Debbie

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

36!!!

Debbie

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

28!!

Debbie

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

19!!

Debbie

BoatBeachBarBallad50
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by BoatBeachBarBallad50 »

Does anyone know what the significance of moving the show up by 10 min would be? And what is the official/non-official word on when tailgating might start this year? Pre-tailgate festivities @ Holiday Inn, is that the plan?

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

14!!

Debbie