Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

10!!!!!


:pirate: [smilie=giggle.gif] :wench: [smilie=giggle.gif] :pirate: [smilie=giggle.gif] :wench: [smilie=giggle.gif] :pirate: [smilie=giggle.gif]
Image


Debbie

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Posts: 114
Joined: February 28, 2004 11:21 am
Number of Concerts: 35
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Contact:

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by AtlantaGal »

dnw wrote:
April 28, 2017 6:47 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
April 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Wow, the venue is small. From I-526 it almost looks like there is more GA seating than actual seats.

Hope to meet you while we are in Charleston. :P
Decided not to pay for the PHC tailgate up the street and it's too bad about them not alowing walk ins. So I won't be there, but might walk over to that Grille if it's indeed close enough. The parking lots around the stadium are not large, which is why I think they are not opening early for tailgating - they would certainly fill up and people with tickets would have nowhere to park. I also could see where those condo buildings were going up and that is indeed where I parked for the Southern Ground Music/Food Festival before. If 526 wasn't such a bumper to bumper mess, I would have gotten off at the exit and drove around a bit.
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

9!!!!!


[smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=upsidedown.gif] [smilie=wink.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=upsidedown.gif] [smilie=wink.gif] [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=upsidedown.gif] [smilie=wink.gif]
Image


Debbie

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

AtlantaGal wrote:
May 1, 2017 8:14 am
dnw wrote:
April 28, 2017 6:47 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
April 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Wow, the venue is small. From I-526 it almost looks like there is more GA seating than actual seats.

Hope to meet you while we are in Charleston. :P
Decided not to pay for the PHC tailgate up the street and it's too bad about them not alowing walk ins. So I won't be there, but might walk over to that Grille if it's indeed close enough. The parking lots around the stadium are not large, which is why I think they are not opening early for tailgating - they would certainly fill up and people with tickets would have nowhere to park. I also could see where those condo buildings were going up and that is indeed where I parked for the Southern Ground Music/Food Festival before. If 526 wasn't such a bumper to bumper mess, I would have gotten off at the exit and drove around a bit.

Sorry to hear that they are not going to allow walk ins. :(
Image


Debbie

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

8!!!!!


[smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=think.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=think2.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=think.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=think2.gif]
Image


Debbie

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8095
Joined: August 4, 2006 10:26 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

AtlantaGal wrote:
May 1, 2017 8:14 am
dnw wrote:
April 28, 2017 6:47 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
April 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Wow, the venue is small. From I-526 it almost looks like there is more GA seating than actual seats.

Hope to meet you while we are in Charleston. :P
Decided not to pay for the PHC tailgate up the street and it's too bad about them not alowing walk ins. So I won't be there, but might walk over to that Grille if it's indeed close enough. The parking lots around the stadium are not large, which is why I think they are not opening early for tailgating - they would certainly fill up and people with tickets would have nowhere to park. I also could see where those condo buildings were going up and that is indeed where I parked for the Southern Ground Music/Food Festival before. If 526 wasn't such a bumper to bumper mess, I would have gotten off at the exit and drove around a bit.
Who told you that? Although it's not going to be easy or safe on that little two lane road, I would think that that would be fine. Let me ask.
Also the "lots" that are VIP open at 5 pm and have already sold out. There is no tailgating allowed on Daniel Island per city of Charleston ordinance.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8095
Joined: August 4, 2006 10:26 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

dnw wrote:
May 2, 2017 7:59 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
May 1, 2017 8:14 am
dnw wrote:
April 28, 2017 6:47 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
April 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Wow, the venue is small. From I-526 it almost looks like there is more GA seating than actual seats.

Hope to meet you while we are in Charleston. :P
Decided not to pay for the PHC tailgate up the street and it's too bad about them not alowing walk ins. So I won't be there, but might walk over to that Grille if it's indeed close enough. The parking lots around the stadium are not large, which is why I think they are not opening early for tailgating - they would certainly fill up and people with tickets would have nowhere to park. I also could see where those condo buildings were going up and that is indeed where I parked for the Southern Ground Music/Food Festival before. If 526 wasn't such a bumper to bumper mess, I would have gotten off at the exit and drove around a bit.

Sorry to hear that they are not going to allow walk ins. :(
You can absolutely walk in to the tailgate! If you want a bus ride to the venue, it's $5. That will available for purchase in the lot the day of the show.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 64195
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by LIPH »

The event page says advance sales only, no walk up. It also says it's sold out.

http://jbconcerttailgateparty.eventzill ... 2138882228
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8095
Joined: August 4, 2006 10:26 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

LIPH wrote:
May 3, 2017 2:10 pm
The event page says advance sales only, no walk up. It also says it's sold out.

http://jbconcerttailgateparty.eventzill ... 2138882228
They meant no drive up. They have 400 wristbands for the bus including porta potties and live music for people who want to walk in. Just got a text from the club prez.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

7!!!!!


[smilie=laff.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=lol2.gif] [smilie=lol3.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=laff.gif]
Image


Debbie

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Posts: 114
Joined: February 28, 2004 11:21 am
Number of Concerts: 35
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Contact:

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by AtlantaGal »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
May 3, 2017 3:27 pm
LIPH wrote:
May 3, 2017 2:10 pm
The event page says advance sales only, no walk up. It also says it's sold out.

http://jbconcerttailgateparty.eventzill ... 2138882228
They meant no drive up. They have 400 wristbands for the bus including porta potties and live music for people who want to walk in. Just got a text from the club prez.
I took the "no walk up" to mean on foot as well. And that's where I got my info - the tailgate party page. Should have read, "no drive ups" if it meant no "day of" vehicle parking spots only ;)

Any idea how far a walk from stadium or general parking it is to that lot? Mile or less? Pencil me in for a walk up wrist band.

6 days away, woot!
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

6!!!!!



[smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]
Image


Debbie

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8095
Joined: August 4, 2006 10:26 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller
Location: Charleston SC

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

AtlantaGal wrote:
May 5, 2017 8:17 am
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
May 3, 2017 3:27 pm
LIPH wrote:
May 3, 2017 2:10 pm
The event page says advance sales only, no walk up. It also says it's sold out.

http://jbconcerttailgateparty.eventzill ... 2138882228
They meant no drive up. They have 400 wristbands for the bus including porta potties and live music for people who want to walk in. Just got a text from the club prez.
I took the "no walk up" to mean on foot as well. And that's where I got my info - the tailgate party page. Should have read, "no drive ups" if it meant no "day of" vehicle parking spots only ;)

Any idea how far a walk from stadium or general parking it is to that lot? Mile or less? Pencil me in for a walk up wrist band.

6 days away, woot!
There is no "general parking". When the few small lots get filled nearer to the stadium, you will be directed to Bishop England High School. Buses will run from there.
It's at least 1-2 miles from the tailgate lot to the venue.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4890
Joined: May 6, 2004 3:59 am
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila
Location: Georgia, Home of the Masters

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by BahamaBreeze »

AtlantaGal wrote:
May 1, 2017 8:14 am
dnw wrote:
April 28, 2017 6:47 am
AtlantaGal wrote:
April 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Wow, the venue is small. From I-526 it almost looks like there is more GA seating than actual seats.

Hope to meet you while we are in Charleston. :P
Decided not to pay for the PHC tailgate up the street and it's too bad about them not alowing walk ins. So I won't be there, but might walk over to that Grille if it's indeed close enough. The parking lots around the stadium are not large, which is why I think they are not opening early for tailgating - they would certainly fill up and people with tickets would have nowhere to park. I also could see where those condo buildings were going up and that is indeed where I parked for the Southern Ground Music/Food Festival before. If 526 wasn't such a bumper to bumper mess, I would have gotten off at the exit and drove around a bit.
AtlantaGirl...we are going to be "walk-ins." We will leave our cars at the hotel and UBER to the PH party lot, 110 Little Pumpkin Lane Charleston SC, and then pay $5 to take their shuttle to the concert. I think they mean no last minute PHolks showing up with their cars.
Image
Image

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4890
Joined: May 6, 2004 3:59 am
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila
Location: Georgia, Home of the Masters

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
It's been 7 cold long months since RED ROCKS...can't wait for new memories!
Image
Image

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Posts: 114
Joined: February 28, 2004 11:21 am
Number of Concerts: 35
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Contact:

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by AtlantaGal »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
May 5, 2017 3:08 pm
AtlantaGal wrote:
May 5, 2017 8:17 am

Any idea how far a walk from stadium or general parking it is to that lot? Mile or less? Pencil me in for a walk up wrist band.

6 days away, woot!
There is no "general parking". When the few small lots get filled nearer to the stadium, you will be directed to Bishop England High School. Buses will run from there.
It's at least 1-2 miles from the tailgate lot to the venue.
Is the high school in the same direction as the tailgate. Just wondering if that's a closer walk.
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39094
Joined: March 3, 2004 6:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: South Georgia

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by dnw »

5!!!!!


[smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif] [smilie=graytard.gif] [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif] [smilie=graytard.gif] [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
Image


Debbie

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4890
Joined: May 6, 2004 3:59 am
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila
Location: Georgia, Home of the Masters

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Does anyone need a room at The Hampton?
I have an extra one that is a king bed with a sofabed.
Let me know before I cancel it.

Barry and Keith, Julia and Vicki will be at the hotel on Wed.
JUST FYI if you see "trouble" at the pool...lol
Image
Image

Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10378
Joined: July 9, 2004 8:34 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Awaiting my next job at sceptor repair.

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

AtlantaGal wrote:
May 6, 2017 6:41 am
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
May 5, 2017 3:08 pm
AtlantaGal wrote:
May 5, 2017 8:17 am

Any idea how far a walk from stadium or general parking it is to that lot? Mile or less? Pencil me in for a walk up wrist band.

6 days away, woot!
There is no "general parking". When the few small lots get filled nearer to the stadium, you will be directed to Bishop England High School. Buses will run from there.
It's at least 1-2 miles from the tailgate lot to the venue.
Is the high school in the same direction as the tailgate. Just wondering if that's a closer walk.
Marnin Grita Guy wrote:School parking to venue 9/10s of a mile. Tailgate to venue 1.6 miles. School to tailgate 1.4 miles. Does this help? Image

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Posts: 114
Joined: February 28, 2004 11:21 am
Number of Concerts: 35
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Contact:

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by AtlantaGal »

Marnin Grita Guy wrote:
May 6, 2017 1:57 pm
AtlantaGal wrote:
May 6, 2017 6:41 am

Is the high school in the same direction as the tailgate. Just wondering if that's a closer walk.
Marnin Grita Guy wrote:School parking to venue 9/10s of a mile. Tailgate to venue 1.6 miles. School to tailgate 1.4 miles. Does this help? Image
Yep, it helps. It means I'm not walkin' Thanks.
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.

Post Reply