Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by ScarletB »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
August 14, 2017 11:42 am
School Girl Heart wrote:
August 14, 2017 8:48 am
We sadly can no longer make it. Have 2 tix for sale in section 8 if anyone knows someone who's looking.
:o

Wow. Buffett at GW without School Girl? I's flabbergasted.
Different School Girl Heart - Jen will be there. :D
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
School Girl Heart wrote:
We sadly can no longer make it. Have 2 tix for sale in section 8 if anyone knows someone who's looking.

MDShark70 wrote:
August 15, 2017 11:59 am
The road is going to be a disaster way before 1:00pm if they stick to their guns. Not saying they won't but wow, this could get really ugly on the roads. It will be kind of like Pittsburgh when they hold the line on getting into the parking lots. Except Great Woods is right off of a major interstate. You know the police can't be too comfortable with traffic lining up on the off-ramp from 495. I know I'm not! And if it's a crush of cars when they do open and they decide to look at tickets you're looking at a really long time to get parked.

I will say it's nice to know that "real" bathrooms are available if needed. That's always a plus. :D
I think they plan on not ALLOWING anyone to start lining up. I know the first year the lot opened at 11 they just kept waving people along, they wouldn't let anyone pull over
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

MDShark70 wrote:
August 15, 2017 11:59 am
The road is going to be a disaster way before 1:00pm if they stick to their guns. Not saying they won't but wow, this could get really ugly on the roads. It will be kind of like Pittsburgh when they hold the line on getting into the parking lots. Except Great Woods is right off of a major interstate. You know the police can't be too comfortable with traffic lining up on the off-ramp from 495. I know I'm not! And if it's a crush of cars when they do open and they decide to look at tickets you're looking at a really long time to get parked.

I will say it's nice to know that "real" bathrooms are available if needed. That's always a plus. :D
There is another aspect to the roads and parking lot issue and that is the Mansfield Police have cracked down on the using of side streets as short cuts to the venue. Certain roads in and around the venue are being closed to everyone but local residents in order to keep the venue traffic strictly on Route 140

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
August 15, 2017 12:07 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote:
School Girl Heart wrote:

I saw she was from the Northwest part of CT , curious to see where , there aren't to many Parrotheads in that corner of the state.

fisherno5
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Jolly Mon
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by fisherno5 »

Northwest CT Parrotheads here! We will be there come sign our fin, its YELLOW this year! Are they really enforcing this 1pm thing? Keep the rain away!

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

fisherno5 wrote:
August 16, 2017 3:38 pm
Northwest CT Parrotheads here! We will be there come sign our fin, its YELLOW this year! Are they really enforcing this 1pm thing? Keep the rain away!
What part , and from every indication. Yes they are.

Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Thethirstygator »

Spoke with a Mansfield Police Officer today. Xfinity is the one who doesn't want the lots opened till 1pm. The Mansfield Police will have 2 details @ Great Woods to prevent cars from lining up. He also said that there will be a couple of Tow Trucks there to tow anyone who has lined-up. With that being said, he acknowledged that if the back-up gets out of hand and causes a public safety hazard they will be forced to open the gates and allow people in.

I'm in a quandary as to what time to get there. I'm going to be ready @ 11am (I live 1.5 miles from venue). When I hear they are letting people in, I'll be ready to roll.

fisherno5
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Jolly Mon
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by fisherno5 »

TommyBahama wrote:
August 16, 2017 8:13 pm
fisherno5 wrote:
I am from the Kent/Litchfield area, a small town called Warren. I'm thinking of going to the McDonalds parking lot, just a bit up the way, and waiting there if they don't let us in at 11am. Not worth the pile up on the highway, easier coming in from the other direction.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

fisherno5 wrote:
August 17, 2017 6:18 am
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
I am from the Kent/Litchfield area, a small town called Warren. I'm thinking of going to the McDonalds parking lot, just a bit up the way, and waiting there if they don't let us in at 11am. Not worth the pile up on the highway, easier coming in from the other direction.
I'm from Torrington , I use to play softball out in Warren , when we played them ( I was part of the Litchfield /Bantam league). I have till work till noon in Canton , so I wasn't going to get there till 2 or 3 anyways.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
August 17, 2017 7:27 am
fisherno5 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
I'm from Torrington , I use to play softball out in Warren , when we played them ( I was part of the Litchfield /Bantam league). I have till work till noon in Canton , so I wasn't going to get there till 2 or 3 anyways.
Bring beer.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
August 17, 2017 10:06 am
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
Bring beer.
I'll be parking to far away to carry beer across a parking lot ( not getting there till 3). I was going to try a new concept and mooch off of you!!! I'm just picking up some nips of rum and some club soda. Ice could be an issue.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
August 17, 2017 10:22 am
drunkpirate66 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
Bring beer.
I'll be parking to far away to carry beer across a parking lot ( not getting there till 3). I was going to try a new concept and mooch off of you!!! I'm just picking up some nips of rum and some club soda. Ice could be an issue.
If you aren't getting there until 3 I'll already be 17 beers deep. I'll only have 43 left. Better put some pep in that step, man.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
August 17, 2017 10:24 am
TommyBahama wrote:
August 17, 2017 10:22 am
drunkpirate66 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
fisherno5 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

Bring beer.
If you aren't getting there until 3 I'll already be 17 beers deep. I'll only have 43 left. Better put some pep in that step, man.
I have to work till noon , and I have a 2 hour drive. You and having in the same sentence. That's funny. You mean you mooched 17 and need to find another 43 to mooch!!!.Lol!! will be great to see you , it's been a couple of years.

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

Just to let all Greatwoods concert goers know the Xfinity Center issued the following statement this morning:

"The Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers Countdown continues! Few things to remember for Saturdays Show:

**Parking Lots** open at 1pm and any persons entering the parking lots needs to have a valid show ticket. For more on parking and other details please visit www.livenationvenue.com/xfinity-center

**Allow Yourself Time to Enter the Ticket Gates** Gates open at 7pm, Show starts at 8:10pm. With the crowd as large as it is, and all the fun to be had in the lots, we've experienced the majority of patrons attempting to enter the gates all at once- 5 minutes before show time. Please allow time to enter the gates so that you do not miss any of the show.

**No Home Made-Home Brought-Bring Your Own Toilets** Strictly enforced by the Board of Health, Xfinity Center, Town Of Mansfield patrons are not allowed to bring their own toilets. And yes every year we add more and more and more Porto-Lets in our parking lots, more than triple for any other show, this year, even more than that.

Thank you for reading, sharing and Enjoying the Show!"

The above statement was issued 20 minutes ago so it does appear they are sticking to the 1pm parking lot time and the 7pm gate time, hopefully all goes well

MDShark70
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 90
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I still think it's going to be a full blown cluster on the roads well before 1pm. We'll see I guess. Of course, it may be raining in the morning so that may help keep some early arrivals away as well.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

MDShark70 wrote:
August 17, 2017 2:29 pm
I still think it's going to be a full blown cluster on the roads well before 1pm. We'll see I guess. Of course, it may be raining in the morning so that may help keep some early arrivals away as well.
If most people are seeing the warnings , I'm guessing it won't be an issue, And people will follow the opening time.

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

MDShark70 wrote:
The Mansfield Police have a new policy of limiting local roads to local traffic only and keeping concert traffic on strictly on Route 140 which of course then backs up down the exit 11 ramp onto 495. The only really good thing is there is nothing happening at Gillette Stadium this weekend as the Patriots are on the road for this weeks preseason game.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

urlcenter wrote:
August 17, 2017 3:11 pm
MDShark70 wrote:
The Mansfield Police have a new policy of limiting local roads to local traffic only and keeping concert traffic on strictly on Route 140 which of course then backs up down the exit 11 ramp onto 495. The only really good thing is there is nothing happening at Gillette Stadium this weekend as the Patriots are on the road for this weeks preseason game.
The other issue on 495 is renters heading to The Cape . Could be some Cape traffic that backs things up too.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I'm not suggesting doing anything different but I'm curious to see if that private pay lot outside the main lot is allowed to open early. In Foxboro, for Patriots games, lots can open early but you have to pay extra for police detail.

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

TommyBahama wrote:
August 17, 2017 3:40 pm
urlcenter wrote:
August 17, 2017 3:11 pm
MDShark70 wrote:
The other issue on 495 is renters heading to The Cape . Could be some Cape traffic that backs things up too.
The exits for Greatwoods are off the 3 lane section of 495 so Cape bound traffic can a get around pretty good

Back in 2002 Jimmy did two nights at Greatwoods on August 29th and August 31, the show on the August 29th was on a Thursday and over at Gillette the Patriots had a sold out preseason game that kicked off at 7:30 while Jimmy took the stage at about 8:15 at Greatwoods which was also sold out. Both the game and concert ended within 15 minutes of each other and traffic from both venues let out a roughly the same time. That is why I made the comment about nothing happening at Gillette being a good thing