Musicians to see in Nassau...with Buffett flavor or style?

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Would you go to the Bahamas in Feb or is the water too cold?

Yes, I would
100%
No, the water will be too cold to swim or snorkel
No votes
Yes, I would but snorkel with half scuba suit
No votes

Total votes: 4

Arkansas Parrotheads
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Musicians to see in Nassau...with Buffett flavor or style?

Post by Arkansas Parrotheads »

Hi,
We're thinking of a trip to Nassau/Cable Beach area Feb 6-10 2006.
Are there any funky musicians to hear like the Barefoot Man?
We love his stuff, but I think his regular gig is in the Cayman Islands and I don't think he plays Nassau. If not, how about Steel Drum or Reggae? We could look up schedules if we had some names or a place to start. :pirate:

-Thanks!
Members of the NWA Latitude 36 Parrot Head Club...just trying to get back to the island, every day...from the middle of Oklahoma!

case
Hoot!

Post by case »

i dont know anything about the music, but i've been snorkling in key largo in february, the water was a little chilly.....
I hope that all the greedy bastards in the world
Come back as lobsters.
You know that life at the bottom of the food chain
Suits them well.
I think that all of the evil people of the world
Come back as horseflies,
They want one last bite before they're sent to hell.

Arkansas Parrotheads
Nibblin' on sponge cake

How much rum did you have to drink beforehand? J/K

Post by Arkansas Parrotheads »

case wrote:i dont know anything about the music, but i've been snorkling in key largo in february, the water was a little chilly.....
Hi, I love Key Largo. Were you snorkeling at John Pennekamp? I guess it depends on how bad I want to get in the water...which is pretty bad at this point. I've snorkeled at Bahia Honda (my husband wouldn't stay in because it was so cold), closer to Key West, in March, and it was pretty chilly, but I did it anyway because it was hot out, the sun was shining, the water was so pretty and it was spring break, dang it.
Members of the NWA Latitude 36 Parrot Head Club...just trying to get back to the island, every day...from the middle of Oklahoma!