Carrier Dome - Syracuse University

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 0

Carrier Dome - Syracuse University

Post by rednekkPH »

Has anyone seen a show here? If so, how is it?

frosted fins
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Big Rig
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: They're ALL my favorite!

Post by frosted fins »

It's big, so acoustics s***...your ears pop when you go in and you get blown out when you leave. Saw the Stones, Bowie, Willie Nelson, Genesis, The Dead, Pink Floyd there in its heyday. Hasn't had concerts in years, planning to see Billy Joel?
Not one shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious...

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

frosted fins wrote:It's big, so acoustics s***...your ears pop when you go in and you get blown out when you leave. Saw the Stones, Bowie, Willie Nelson, Genesis, The Dead, Pink Floyd there in its heyday. Hasn't had concerts in years, planning to see Billy Joel?
Hey Doc! How's southern life treatin ya?

Yeah, planning to see Billy. He's doing 3 shows here in PA, but I found out late, and there are no decent seats left. Thanks for the info. Not my ideal setting, but Billy's one of the very few left on my "must see before I die" list, so I'll take whatever I can get.

frosted fins
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Big Rig
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: They're ALL my favorite!

Post by frosted fins »

rednekkPH wrote:
frosted fins wrote:It's big, so acoustics s***...your ears pop when you go in and you get blown out when you leave. Saw the Stones, Bowie, Willie Nelson, Genesis, The Dead, Pink Floyd there in its heyday. Hasn't had concerts in years, planning to see Billy Joel?
Hey Doc! How's southern life treatin ya?

Yeah, planning to see Billy. He's doing 3 shows here in PA, but I found out late, and there are no decent seats left. Thanks for the info. Not my ideal setting, but Billy's one of the very few left on my "must see before I die" list, so I'll take whatever I can get.
Doin' well my friend! Get a bambi yet?
:D
I saw the BJ show coming there, I'm glad they're starting shows there again. I used to work security there thru a friends brother. Got backstage alot. Met a few stars...not a terrible place as far as I remember...
Not one shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious...

case
Hoot!

Post by case »

Im deciding on the whole Billy thing too... i'm not sure yet

the last concert i saw was Garth Brooks at the dome, and i was kinda dragged to it and dont remember very much.
I hope that all the greedy bastards in the world
Come back as lobsters.
You know that life at the bottom of the food chain
Suits them well.
I think that all of the evil people of the world
Come back as horseflies,
They want one last bite before they're sent to hell.

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

The dome....my home away from home :D

GO SU

Concerts there are good, go, you wont regret it.

I would go because we get premium seats with our Box seats, but I will be traveling in Vietnam at the time :(
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

Goodman
Fruitcake

Carrier Dome

Post by Goodman »

My daughter's a coed up at Syracuse and she just got tickets for Billy Joel in late March. Probably a student discount is involved. One tip, don't order any orange juice at the concession stand. You can't get decent oj on campus. I've never seen a concert up there but I had no problem hearing the Chancellor's speech at the first Parent's Weekend. :-(
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!
As quoted by Marvin Gardens 4/1/89

rednekkPH

Re: Carrier Dome

Post by rednekkPH »

Goodman wrote:My daughter's a coed up at Syracuse and she just got tickets for Billy Joel in late March. Probably a student discount is involved.
So there was a presale? Wonder if there will be any worthwhile tickets left...

Goodman
Fruitcake

Post by Goodman »

rednekkPH wrote:
Goodman wrote:My daughter's a coed up at Syracuse and she just got tickets for Billy Joel in late March. Probably a student discount is involved.

There was a presale as I imagine is customary to make sure the "locals" get theirs. Considering the tuition, there ain't that much of a discount. :-)
I know Jimmy Buffett, Jimmy Buffett is a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Buffett!
As quoted by Marvin Gardens 4/1/89

rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

Goodman wrote:
rednekkPH wrote:

There was a presale as I imagine is customary to make sure the "locals" get theirs. Considering the tuition, there ain't that much of a discount. :-)
Well, there were some decent seats left. I pulled up 12th row floor, but TM timed out and I lost those :evil: . I did end up with what appear to be decent seats in the first level tho.