Warren Haynes

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

photogal
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Warren Haynes

Post by photogal »

Ok so I went back a few pages and didnt see this topic so I made a new one, sorry.
Anyway, I really want to see him this year. I think he is going to be at Jazz Fest, byhimself which should be cool, but has anyone seen Gov't Mule?
Who else does he play with? What do you guys recommend for albums?
and heres a problem.....Little Feat and Gov't Mule are playing the same night up here, one in Boston and the other in NH!
cant wait for concert season, I'm having withdrawls!!!
Last edited by photogal on March 8, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BostonFins
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Michelada

Post by BostonFins »

I've seen Warren many many times either with Gov't Mule, solo, The Allman Brothers Band, Phil Lesh and Friends, and The Dead. Not to mention sit ins with countless bands. He's pretty much the hardest working man in the jam band scene.

Try renting Rising Low. It's a documentary on the making of the two Gov't Mule cd's The Deep End part 1 and 2. Excellent stuff, directed by Phish bassist Mike Gordon.

For cd's I'd suggest the following:

Warren Haynes live at Bonnaroo
Gov't Mule-Dose, Deep End 1 and 2, Deepest End(live cd and dvd)
Allman Brothers Band-Hittin the Note
Phil Lesh and Friends-There and Back

To really enjoy Warren you gotta see him live. Gov't Mule can get brain jarringly loud, heavy and intense at times, other times downright soulful. I think they're great. Have fun!
"Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands..."
case
Hoot!

Re: Warren Haynes

Post by case »

[quote="photogal"]Little Feat and Gov't Mule are playing the same night up here, one in Boston and the other in NH!
quote]

ouch...thats rough, but i would go see Gov't Mule. You def wont regret it
I hope that all the greedy bastards in the world
Come back as lobsters.
You know that life at the bottom of the food chain
Suits them well.
I think that all of the evil people of the world
Come back as horseflies,
They want one last bite before they're sent to hell.
photogal
I Love the Now!

Post by photogal »

Hey thanks for the info, got "the deep end vol 1" and liked it. Blues..I like it. Very Good!!!!!!!! Why didnt I think he was blues????
ps......I be a little toasted......am I spelling ok?
Tampico

Post by Tampico »

You should pick up the Allman Brothers DVD LIVE AT THE BEACON THEATRE. Warren, as well as Gregg, is great on the whole DVD but on Disc 2 there is a bonus track of Warren and Derek Trucks doing an Acoustic OLD FRIENDS that alone is worth the cost of the DVD.

Seeing Gov't Mule is great, Seeing the Allmans is better, but if you every get the chance to see Warren Haynes Acoustic do not miss it. LIVE AT BONNAROO is good but he also has an EP out there called THE LONE EP which has him doing the Elton John song Indian Sunset and an acoustic version of a song he wrote for the Allman Brothers called End Of The Line. If you can find it and you like acoustic music I highly recommend it.
"What's mine is mine, If it's only one thin dime, My cash has always meant to flow"
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Tampico wrote:Seeing Gov't Mule is great, Seeing the Allmans is better, but if you every get the chance to see Warren Haynes Acoustic do not miss it. LIVE AT BONNAROO is good but he also has an EP out there called THE LONE EP which has him doing the Elton John song Indian Sunset and an acoustic version of a song he wrote for the Allman Brothers called End Of The Line. If you can find it and you like acoustic music I highly recommend it.
If I'm not mistaken he also does a Radiohead cover on that album. I only caught part of his solo set a couple of summers ago but did see him as part of The Dead lineup. While they were good and sometimes great, he really seems to shine within the Allmans lineup and Gov't Mule more.
Tampico

Post by Tampico »

He doesn't do a Radiohead cover on THE LONE EP but he does do a lot of covers on the LIVE AT BONNAROO CD so maybe one of them is it. THE LONE EP has the following songs: Patchwork Quilt, I'll Be The One, Fallen Down, (All Warren Haynes Songs) Indian Sunset, (Elton & Bernie) and End Of The Line (Gregg, Warren & Woody).
"What's mine is mine, If it's only one thin dime, My cash has always meant to flow"
photogal
I Love the Now!

Post by photogal »

oh yaahooo....he's doing a solo at Jazz Fest that I'm going to, I'll make sure I dont miss it!!! I love Indian Sunset, thats my fave Elton cd. Thanks for the info!!!!!
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Tampico wrote:He doesn't do a Radiohead cover on THE LONE EP but he does do a lot of covers on the LIVE AT BONNAROO CD so maybe one of them is it.
Yep, that's the one. The song is "Lucky".