Stars Fell On Alabama

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

z-man
Here We Are
Posts: 9936
Joined: January 22, 2005 5:58 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Orlando by-the-mouse

Re: RE: Great Event!

Post by z-man »

kdmoore wrote: It was great to see some old friends and a pleasure to make some new!!!

KD
You two were wonderful as always!

Looking forward to seeing you again

Thanx for the music!
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!


Image
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Post by VanillaGrl »

I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing

Post by RinglingRingling »

VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Post by VanillaGrl »

RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72680
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Post by aeroparrot »

VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
I could send you a picture of him. :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image
Dancin'Queen
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 319
Joined: December 23, 2006 1:06 am
Number of Concerts: 6
Location: The Great State of Texas, Baby!!!
Contact:

Post by Dancin'Queen »

VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Dancin'Queen wrote:Well, I had a great time as always!


And the Pajama party was most excellent!
and which one were you?
The crazy blonde! ;)
ahhhh... the one listening with rapt attention to the guy with the bongos. :)
Nooo...the one I slept with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You slept with somebody while in Gulf Shores???

You tramp!!!
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Post by VanillaGrl »

aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
I could send you a picture of him. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, Ravi...but no need to really...I have quite a few of my own ;) :) :)
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Post by VanillaGrl »

Dancin'Queen wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Dancin'Queen wrote:Well, I had a great time as always!


And the Pajama party was most excellent!
and which one were you?
The crazy blonde! ;)
ahhhh... the one listening with rapt attention to the guy with the bongos. :)
Nooo...the one I slept with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You slept with somebody while in Gulf Shores???

You tramp!!!
[smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72680
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Post by aeroparrot »

VanillaGrl wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
I could send you a picture of him. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, Ravi...but no need to really...I have quite a few of my own ;) :) :)
Ummmmmmm HELLO!!!!!!!! Couldn't you see I was being a wiseass? :wink: :wink:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 29156
Joined: September 10, 2005 5:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!
Location: Smack in the centre of contradiction

Post by VanillaGrl »

aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:I missed KD :cry: :cry: :cry:
means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
I could send you a picture of him. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, Ravi...but no need to really...I have quite a few of my own ;) :) :)
Ummmmmmm HELLO!!!!!!!! Couldn't you see I was being a wiseass? :wink: :wink:
Oh..in that case.....Wiseass! :P :P :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

Image
The Bodypainter 2013
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72680
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Post by aeroparrot »

VanillaGrl wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
VanillaGrl wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote: means you'll have to come see him in CMH or EYW.. :)
I gotta see him somewhere....can't go too long without my KD fix. ;) :) :)
I could send you a picture of him. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, Ravi...but no need to really...I have quite a few of my own ;) :) :)
Ummmmmmm HELLO!!!!!!!! Couldn't you see I was being a wiseass? :wink: :wink:
Oh..in that case.....Wiseass! :P :P :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought you would pick up on it. ;)
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 72680
Joined: June 17, 2005 7:36 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56
Location: Just like living in Paradise
Contact:

Re: RE: Great Event!

Post by aeroparrot »

kdmoore wrote:I was forwarded a few of the comments posted here and just wanted to offer my 2 cents. First of all 'Stars Fell On Alabama' is one of the best events I've attended....Charlotte, Vince and the other club members made Cindy and I feel right at home and we appreciate everyone's efforts...The crowd at the Live Bait on friday night was awesome...I had a great time.....'Fingers played his behind off....one of the best efforts he's given in awhile....from a musical stand point I hope you'll all agree he was fantastic.....from a personal side....Greg is a dear friend of mine...those who know him know how it is ....He's going through some very difficult times right now....please keep him in your prayers and hope for better days ahead.....

I can't and won't defend his actions other than to say I'm sorry he upset some of you....it's not what either of us would have wanted.

It was great to see some old friends and a pleasure to make some new!!!

KD
Hey KD,

Good to see you again too. I WAS hoping for the new version of Floridays I had heard in Key West. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Image
PirateJohn
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 250
Joined: April 7, 2006 2:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Contact:

Post by PirateJohn »

Desdamona wrote:
caphmobile wrote:"did you get a chance to talk to Fingers about his plans for the summer?"


From the looks of it....Greg will probably not be on stage with Jimmy.

Matter of fact I am very upset with him and p*** off at him.
Greg will not be asked back to Stars.

Someone kept buying him drinks....he got DRUNK...he was rude...it was not a nice sight...then pulled an all niter at a local nite spot in Orange Beach trying to find his fix.
He p*** off the person that was to take him to Jackson, MS...then KD had to leave early to take him to Jackson...so KD missed everything at Stars after he played on Friday nite...plus KD missed out on the big Jam Session.

This was my 1st time to hear KD and I can say he was awesome. Wish someone would tell KD that he does not need Greg Taylor.

Sorry folks..but the "Fingers" post just got this redhead...red in the face.

I hope that everyone from BN that was here had a great time.

Charlotte
(MotherHen)
What Charlotte said. :evil: (I love you, girl!)

I was so pleased when the jam session included Some White People
Can Dance
without him. He really, really needs to clean up his act if
he expects to actually be a performer and not just a "celebrity". He
managed to pull it off at MOTM, but not in L.A.

(How about Josh Kear next year, MotherHen?)

Well ... on one hand I kinda hate to see folks kicking Fingers when he's not at his best, but on the other hand quite a few of us have seen less-than-stellar personal behavior from Greg while, ironically, seeing him perform wonderfully at the same time. And my experience with Greg was from a gig that was perhaps 10 years ago, so this nonsense is nothing new.

Perhaps the word needs to get out NOT TO BUY GREG TAYLOR ANY DRINKS.

And maybe the second word that needs to get out is that any Parrothead promoter that books Fingers needs to plan to have about 3-4 large guys accompany Fingers at all times and to make sure that he gets back on the plane. On time. Which is another joke right there since he used to be perpetually late :roll:
Support Riding Into History, the legendary vintage motorcycle show and fund raiser for breast cancer charities -- www.RidingIntoHistory.com
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing

Post by RinglingRingling »

PirateJohn wrote:
Desdamona wrote:
caphmobile wrote:"did you get a chance to talk to Fingers about his plans for the summer?"


From the looks of it....Greg will probably not be on stage with Jimmy.

Matter of fact I am very upset with him and p*** off at him.
Greg will not be asked back to Stars.

Someone kept buying him drinks....he got DRUNK...he was rude...it was not a nice sight...then pulled an all niter at a local nite spot in Orange Beach trying to find his fix.
He p*** off the person that was to take him to Jackson, MS...then KD had to leave early to take him to Jackson...so KD missed everything at Stars after he played on Friday nite...plus KD missed out on the big Jam Session.

This was my 1st time to hear KD and I can say he was awesome. Wish someone would tell KD that he does not need Greg Taylor.

Sorry folks..but the "Fingers" post just got this redhead...red in the face.

I hope that everyone from BN that was here had a great time.

Charlotte
(MotherHen)
What Charlotte said. :evil: (I love you, girl!)

I was so pleased when the jam session included Some White People
Can Dance
without him. He really, really needs to clean up his act if
he expects to actually be a performer and not just a "celebrity". He
managed to pull it off at MOTM, but not in L.A.

(How about Josh Kear next year, MotherHen?)

Well ... on one hand I kinda hate to see folks kicking Fingers when he's not at his best, but on the other hand quite a few of us have seen less-than-stellar personal behavior from Greg while, ironically, seeing him perform wonderfully at the same time. And my experience with Greg was from a gig that was perhaps 10 years ago, so this nonsense is nothing new.

Perhaps the word needs to get out NOT TO BUY GREG TAYLOR ANY DRINKS.

And maybe the second word that needs to get out is that any Parrothead promoter that books Fingers needs to plan to have about 3-4 large guys accompany Fingers at all times and to make sure that he gets back on the plane. On time. Which is another joke right there since he used to be perpetually late :roll:
could just crate him up between performances, let him out in time to void the bladder/bowels, wash and get on stage, then crate him again until it's showtime. :D
PirateJohn
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 250
Joined: April 7, 2006 2:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Contact:

Post by PirateJohn »

RinglingRingling wrote:
could just crate him up between performances, let him out in time to void the bladder/bowels, wash and get on stage, then crate him again until it's showtime. :D

Sadly, Greg's not the first performer to have a bit of a "substance enthusiasm" problem.

I wonder if there is a market for converting used prison buses into entertainers coaches. That may not be the most dignified way to travel from gig to gig, but with bars on the windows and no way out without permission, it sure would make a lot of tour managers happier. 8)


--PirateJohn--
Support Riding Into History, the legendary vintage motorcycle show and fund raiser for breast cancer charities -- www.RidingIntoHistory.com
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing

Post by RinglingRingling »

PirateJohn wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
could just crate him up between performances, let him out in time to void the bladder/bowels, wash and get on stage, then crate him again until it's showtime. :D

Sadly, Greg's not the first performer to have a bit of a "substance enthusiasm" problem.

I wonder if there is a market for converting used prison buses into entertainers coaches. That may not be the most dignified way to travel from gig to gig, but with bars on the windows and no way out without permission, it sure would make a lot of tour managers happier. 8)


--PirateJohn--
just rubberize the inside behind the driver. You can hose it out... they'd be fine. :D
Caribbean Soul Man
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1795
Joined: April 22, 2004 8:48 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Reggae Accident
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: 10 Cane Rum on ice
Location: near the Coast of Carolina

Post by Caribbean Soul Man »

citcat wrote:
Desdamona wrote:
caphmobile wrote:"did you get a chance to talk to Fingers about his plans for the summer?"


From the looks of it....Greg will probably not be on stage with Jimmy.

Matter of fact I am very upset with him and p*** off at him.
Greg will not be asked back to Stars.

Someone kept buying him drinks....he got DRUNK...he was rude...it was not a nice sight...then pulled an all niter at a local nite spot in Orange Beach trying to find his fix.
He p*** off the person that was to take him to Jackson, MS...then KD had to leave early to take him to Jackson...so KD missed everything at Stars after he played on Friday nite...plus KD missed out on the big Jam Session.

This was my 1st time to hear KD and I can say he was awesome. Wish someone would tell KD that he does not need Greg Taylor.

Sorry folks..but the "Fingers" post just got this redhead...red in the face.

I hope that everyone from BN that was here had a great time.

Charlotte
(MotherHen)
What Charlotte said. :evil: (I love you, girl!)

I was so pleased when the jam session included Some White People
Can Dance
without him. He really, really needs to clean up his act if
he expects to actually be a performer and not just a "celebrity". He
managed to pull it off at MOTM, but not in L.A.

(How about Josh Kear next year, MotherHen?)
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that. After the great reception he got at MOTM 2005 and Cincinnati last year.....gosh. How sad. :( :x
:-? wow, that's really disappointing to hear.
I had high hopes after what seemed to be a gradual "re-introduction" to the CRB in Cincinnati, Detroit and Vegas (I think) and I was looking forward to seeing Jimmy and Fingers back together on stage.

Maybe Jimmy realized that life's too short not to have a reconcilliation of sorts but the problem is that maybe Fingers doesn't understand just how short it really could be if these things continue to spiral out of control... :o

still so much talent - I'll keep hoping for the best for Greg
you can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start in the morning 8)

_______________

...I'm just tryin' to get by, being quiet and shy, in this world full of pushin' and shove...
Post Reply