Springsteen tickets on sale today (TM stinks)

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Springsteen tickets on sale today (TM stinks)

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

I tried to get 2 Springsteen tix today for the NJ shows on-sale via TM which is the absolute worst (nothing new) I was on exactly at 9:00 on line and the phone as well. The phone never became unbusy and on line I was put in the 15 minute wait line. After about 30 minutes of this the page finally came up and said the site was down for maintenance, D'oh! I tried for most of the hour with the same results. The good thing was that Philly went on sale at 10:00 via Live Nation/ Comcast and I was able to get 2 GA tix first try. So whoever said Live Nation is not good maybe they need to try TM one more time. Basically they all stink! I looked at the NC Buffett tix and just for the heck of it I asked for 2 lawn tix at $29, after fees and everything else the 2 tix were almost $100 :o WTF!
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Re: Springsteen tickets on sale today (TM stinks)

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I was on at 10:00 sharp for DC tickets. Searched for 4 best available. Got seats in the top rear center. Continuted with the purchase. Site error. Tickets gone. Spent the rest of the hour repeatedly hoping for some throwbacks to appear. Nada. Hello Bruce Springsteen and goodbye Bruce Springsteen. It would have been nice to see you again.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Post by momsrule27 »

Ticketmaster does s^x. I was on for 30 min trying to get Bruce tix and I kept getting
Our ticketing system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance. Please check back at a later time. WTF!!! I hate them!
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

momsrule27 wrote:Ticketmaster does s^x. I was on for 30 min trying to get Bruce tix and I kept getting
Our ticketing system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance. Please check back at a later time. WTF!!! I hate them!
sorta makes you think that Live Nation is good.
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

CrznDnUS1 wrote:
momsrule27 wrote:Ticketmaster does s^x. I was on for 30 min trying to get Bruce tix and I kept getting
sorta makes you think that Live Nation is good.
not from what I am reading from buffett folks who had a miserable time with live nation.

I tried at 10 for Chicago tickets-at 10:02 it was sold out, so I am hoping for a second show which often happens.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

I actually didn't order my tickets for the State College show until around 10:50 and I only waited 2 minutes. I ordered over the phone and got four floor tickets. I then called and ordered six more for the Pittsburgh show. I think the secret is to call after the rush ends.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

CrznDnUS1 wrote:TM which is the absolute worst
Live Nation is seriously in the running for absolute worst.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Several times I pulled up seats behind the stage. The chart clearly marked those sections as the lower price ($65) yet the ticket order would consistently say $95, the top ticket price.

Didn't want them, didn't take them, but I hope those that did noticed the discrepancy!!! :o :o :o
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

Picked up 2 for hartford. GA floor. Dont know if im excited for that yet, but my wife is

Donated a kidney - 12/7/06
NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

for hartford on stubhub

sec 115 row C Qty: 1 price: $25,000

Floor GA Qty:2 $1049.00

AWWW HELL NOOO! There are more at more totally ridiculous prices.

Donated a kidney - 12/7/06
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

NorthernConch wrote:Picked up 2 for hartford. GA floor. Dont know if im excited for that yet, but my wife is
I take it that you have never seen him live. So report back after the show but I think your answer should be, YES!
I'm an Altered Boy
Half-baked cookies in the oven

Post by I'm an Altered Boy »

We got four tickets for the Pittsburgh show with out much trouble, just had to keep trying for a few minutes. At one point I had four and the wife had four and we took the ones that were better seats.
docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

I was unable to get tickets for the Philly shows, if anyone has any please pm me. Thanks in advance. grrrr live nation.
ImageImageImage
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

Mrs Cruzin' tells me that TM is being investigated by Congress viewtopic.php?f=42&t=75006&start=0 for intentionally putting up a maintenance page during the sale and redirecting you to a scalper page or something like that. Not that Congress has anything better to do. Basically i was on at 9:00 on the dot and was put in the 15+ minute wait for 30 minutes and when it finally came up with another page it had the maintenance thingy, which is bogus since no one does maintenance during the day let alone during a Springsteen sale. I just by chance checked out http://backstreets.com and saw that Philly was going on sale at 10:00 so I jumped to the Live Nation page exactly at 10:00 and scored 2 GA tickets within 3 minutes. Again TM stinks and Live Nation won this time!
cdnkeywest
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by cdnkeywest »

Well actually here in Toronto there is a class action lawsuit being launched against TM for $500 million over the way they deal with their TicketsNow site.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_31956.aspx

I personally tried to get Springsteen tickets right at 10:00am and am aware of over 50 people all trying at the same time (pretty popular show!!) and this show was basically sold out by 10:00am and 45 seconds.

Funny how TicketsNow, eBay and other ticket brokers had 100's for sale right at 10:00am.

This case has legs here in Canada due to the "Ticket Speculation Act".

Since I am seeing Jimmy Buffett in Vegas in May...and have seen Bruce live many many times...I can live with missing this year's Bruce Springsteen concert and bring on Vegas and Jimmy Buffett!
Toronto (x7)
Las Vegas (x3)
Tampa Bay (x2)
Orlando (x2)
New York (x1)
New Orleans (x1)
I'm an Altered Boy
Half-baked cookies in the oven

Post by I'm an Altered Boy »

Saw Bruce last night. It was an incredible concert!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I ended up scalping tickets for this past Monday night in DC. Got 2 nosebleeds in the far corner for $275. Worth every penny!!! AWESOME show! Setlist could have been better, the sound sucked (like many Verizon Center concerts) but the performance was a 10. :D
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
momsrule27
Fruitcake

Post by momsrule27 »

We are going Saturday nite so you just got me even more excited to see the show. I was one of the lucky ones that got a second chance at tix after ticketmaster screwed us the first time. As part of the settlement with the state of NJ they sent out random letters to those who filed a complaint and we were able to purchase tix (without fees) and we got excellent seats. I can't wait for Saturday nite!
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

We saw him Philly and again what a great show, They're up there with the best if not the best.
momsrule27
Fruitcake

Post by momsrule27 »

Anyone on here going to Springsteen Saturday night?
Ciao!
Char

--------------------