Random MOTM question

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Random MOTM question

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Okay, please don’t laugh at my ignorance here because I haven’t been to MOTM before, but I can’t help but notice on many audio recordings of shows at the festival that there are random whistles being blown in between songs.

What’s the deal with that? Thanks!
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Random MOTM question

Post by dnw »

I haven't noticed the whistles between songs.

Debbie
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

dnw wrote: August 31, 2018 9:12 am I haven't noticed the whistles between songs.
The only band who used a whistle a couple times was Johnny Russler and The BBB. That was during street fest , not sure of the songs.
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

TommyBahama wrote: August 31, 2018 10:59 am
dnw wrote: August 31, 2018 9:12 am I haven't noticed the whistles between songs.
The only band who used a whistle a couple times was Johnny Russler and The BBB. That was during street fest , not sure of the songs.
Thanks, yes, i should have been more specific. There are a few whistles on the Live From Key West benefit CD which I'm thinking was during street fest (specifically after Woman Going Crazy and the BBB Floating Opera. So that does make sense.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 31, 2018 11:25 am
TommyBahama wrote: August 31, 2018 10:59 am
Thanks, yes, i should have been more specific. There are a few whistles on the Live From Key West benefit CD which I'm thinking was during street fest (specifically after Woman Going Crazy and the BBB Floating Opera. So that does make sense.

I love that version of woman goin crazy
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.