Detroit 2020

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Detroit 2020

Post by Dr.Corona »

The Nati being confirmed for Tuesday the 14th, The Burgh locked in for Thursday the 16th...opens the door for The D on Saturday the 18th!

Of course my family reunion happens that day :-? [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Last time that happened I skipped the concert..but that was also a stadium show at Comerica Park.
Will be tougher to skip if playing PK :pirate:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

The 18th should belong to Detroit. Alpine only has 1 show scheduled so hopefully that makes it more promising. I just hope Chicago doesn’t get it.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control

Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

Through a source, there is no indication of JB at Alpine as of right now. Therefore, the 18th could be between Detroit or Chicago. Hopefully it’s ours.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control

ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

I need a Detroit show! I got my mini hooked last year. And with the clock winding down on Jimmy I think this summer might be the year we follow him :) Already planning on venturing down to NC to see him in April. I'd like to let me son (10) get to see him local at least this year.

I need to revamp my bar as the rain last year killed it finally officially. I ended up losing the roof, LOL. It's been a few years since I added to my setup so I guess it's time for a redesign of the bar anyways
Attachments
Madsbar.jpg
Madsbar.jpg (107.41 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
MadsandMe.jpg
MadsandMe.jpg (153.47 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

ParrotheadCMC wrote:
January 14, 2020 9:58 am
I need a Detroit show! I got my mini hooked last year. And with the clock winding down on Jimmy I think this summer might be the year we follow him :) Already planning on venturing down to NC to see him in April. I'd like to let me son (10) get to see him local at least this year.

I need to revamp my bar as the rain last year killed it finally officially. I ended up losing the roof, LOL. It's been a few years since I added to my setup so I guess it's time for a redesign of the bar anyways
Don't know why but I always thought u were a guy. Lol
Lake Erie Pirate scientist

ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

msu#1 wrote:
January 16, 2020 1:13 pm
ParrotheadCMC wrote:

HA! Too funny. Maybe you assumed all my awesome handiwork had to be a guy and not a female "shop" teacher :wink:

Shut out of good seats for Cincy this morning. Must just mean all my luck is being saved up for the Detroit show :)

DizzyDean
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

ParrotheadCMC wrote:
January 17, 2020 10:19 am
msu#1 wrote:
January 16, 2020 1:13 pm
ParrotheadCMC wrote:

HA! Too funny. Maybe you assumed all my awesome handiwork had to be a guy and not a female "shop" teacher :wink:

Shut out of good seats for Cincy this morning. Must just mean all my luck is being saved up for the Detroit show :)
I hope we are both lucky. I have a new LandShark cooler to debut this year.
Attachments
AA952349-BBD4-4150-A9EA-4BC4B71D3038.jpeg
AA952349-BBD4-4150-A9EA-4BC4B71D3038.jpeg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Yes I am a Image

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Damn...wish we'd get some hints on JB at Pine Knob.

PK is dropping shows like crazy & the summer concert budget is being blown to bits & we're still in January......& still in the contemplation camp on some others.

Thinking my ears are gonna bleed come July. Journey/Pretenders show July 5th is a done deal...while considering Barenaked Ladies/Gin Blossoms/Toad the Wet Sprocket on the 4th. Hoping that Jimmy slots PK on the 18th, while considering Bon Jovi/Bryan Adams the 19th @ Little Caesars Arena downtown Detroit. Tix for Mod Rod Stewart on the 25th...while considering Foreigner/Kansas/Europe the 28th. If I can survive July I Flip the calendar to Aug. 2 & the Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary tour tix are already in pocket.
Someone stand by with a resuscitator please :o

PetalMel
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Dr.Corona wrote:
January 21, 2020 8:43 pm

PK is dropping shows like crazy & the summer concert budget is being blown to bits & we're still in January......& still in the contemplation camp on some others.

Thinking my ears are gonna bleed come July. Journey/Pretenders show July 5th is a done deal...while considering Barenaked Ladies/Gin Blossoms/Toad the Wet Sprocket on the 4th. Hoping that Jimmy slots PK on the 18th, while considering Bon Jovi/Bryan Adams the 19th @ Little Caesars Arena downtown Detroit. Tix for Mod Rod Stewart on the 25th...while considering Foreigner/Kansas/Europe the 28th. If I can survive July I Flip the calendar to Aug. 2 & the Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary tour tix are already in pocket.
I would LOVE to see Toad again and that line up is divine! I need to check out ticket prices to see if I dare. You are right on the wowza concert ops this summer!!
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Covingtonfire
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Favorite Boat Drink: Any mixed drink

Post by Covingtonfire »

It seams odd that Jimmy has only 3 concerts in a row for May July and August. No June tours. Well Detroit Cincinnati still has tickets .

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Dr.Corona »

PetalMel wrote:
January 22, 2020 4:41 am
Dr.Corona wrote:
January 21, 2020 8:43 pm

I would LOVE to see Toad again and that line up is divine! I need to check out ticket prices to see if I dare. You are right on the wowza concert ops this summer!!
Ticket prices for BN Ladies/GB & Toads are real reasonable. They were running a end of row promo yesterday at $48.50 per ticket....of course fees took you to about $65

MiParrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Kraken & Coke

Post by MiParrothead »

Oh... We're doing tailgating setup? This used to be mine, until my son sold the Chinook. Darn kids. LOL
Boy, Saturday July 18th would be great for a Pine Knob Buffett show.
Attachments
Buffett Tailgate.jpg
Buffett Tailgate.jpg (502.57 KiB) Viewed 895 times

DizzyDean
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins (I'm a shark that can swim on the land)
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Hurricanes

Post by DizzyDean »

Well, it getting close to the time that we may have to give up on a concert here in Detroit. Jimmy did announce shows in early February last year. Considering that, as well as the July 18 date still open, I still have some hope for a show in the “D” this year. I only give it two more weeks however.
Yes I am a Image

MiParrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Kraken & Coke

Post by MiParrothead »

His tour schedule seems to be 4 shows a month. July still has one spot left so it still could be the 18th at Pine Knob.
Don't see any June dates so not sure he Jimmy takes that month off or not.

MICHIPHIN
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Adult Beverages

Post by MICHIPHIN »

They don't call it Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's for a reason....
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Dr.Corona »

Dang!!!!!!!! Nothing but crickets around here......... :-?