“Rescheduled” Buffett

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MyTyGy wrote: April 20, 2021 3:16 pm France just announced they will allow tourists with vaccinations or negative tests. Has anyone heard if Jimmy has been double tapped yet?
He hasn’t been shy on social media about his world travels throughout the pandemic. Cali, Hawaii, Nantucket, Bahamas, Australia, St Barths. Florida . . . so either he has been fully vaccinated or rich people with private planes can do whatever they want.

With the “pod” shows in Del Rey he would have to be vaccinated to be around other band members and crew.

I’m happy he’s playing. I’m concerned this “pod” thing is a telling fact he ain’t touring in a traditional manner any time soon.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6848
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by BottleofRum »

Buffett has def been vaxed. You have to assume all the wealthy got special access to the shots early on. And with the way he is out and about the past several months he would have to be vaxed.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: April 22, 2021 9:42 pm Buffett has def been vaxed. You have to assume all the wealthy got special access to the shots early on. And with the way he is out and about the past several months he would have to be vaxed.
It’s weird as sh*t he is doing a “pod” show on what looks like the size of a little league field (according to the map you sent me) when college baseball games are allowing 20 k fans and pro sports games are allowing up to 60 k or more,even.

Musicians claim not playing or rescheduling 2021 shows, initially scheduled for 2020, until 2022 is about safety. Pod shows are about safety.

Yeah. Whatever. It’s not about safety. Everyone knows it.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6848
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by BottleofRum »

Red Sox announced today starting July 16th they will (plan/hope/think) start having concerts again and have 8 thought out the summer.

New Kids on the Block, Def Leppard & Motley Crue, Guns N’ Roses, Billy Joel, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, and Aerosmith all on the schedule.

This might be wishful thinking on the part of Fenway Park. Many of these performers will likely PPD until 2022 and Boston will likely still have some sort of capacity restrictions this summer which will play a big role as to if any these performers want to play to a less than half filled stadium.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/23/ ... is-summer/
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: April 23, 2021 12:07 pm Red Sox announced today starting July 16th they will (plan/hope/think) start having concerts again and have 8 thought out the summer.

New Kids on the Block, Def Leppard & Motley Crue, Guns N’ Roses, Billy Joel, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, and Aerosmith all on the schedule.

This might be wishful thinking on the part of Fenway Park. Many of these performers will likely PPD until 2022 and Boston will likely still have some sort of capacity restrictions this summer which will play a big role as to if any these performers want to play to a less than half filled stadium.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/23/ ... is-summer/
Here’s the thing . . . a quick google search shows the median income per person in the USA to be around 36,000$ a year. I’m sure these bands are used to bringing in millions per show. However, I don’t care what anyone says about production costs and other expenses each member of these bands will 100% make more then what most people make in a year for a 90 minute set even if Fenway is only allowing partially filled concerts.

Play the shows, guys.

But, Pat I think you’re right. There’ll get bounced to 2022 unless full capacity is allowed.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6848
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by BottleofRum »

The Governor of Massachusetts announced today that the state will be 100% open by August 1st and back to pre-covid rules. Assuming the case numbers don't spike over a long period of time and there are no set backs. Mass is about 2/3's the way to herd immunity and should reach it by the end of May so I'd bet that full reopening date changes and it happens in early July.

What does this mean for Buffett at Great Woods in August? Wait for it......

Only Time Will Tell....
Last edited by BottleofRum on April 29, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 23073
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote: April 27, 2021 4:12 pm The Governor of Massachusetts announced today that the sate will be 100% open by August 1st and back to pre-covid rules. Assuming the case numbers don't spike over a long period of time and there are no set backs. Mass is about 2/3's the way to herd immunity and should reach it by the end of May so I'd bet that full reopening date changes and it happens in early July.

What does this mean for Buffett at Great Woods in August? Wait for it......

Only Time Will Tell....
That would be amazing. And sort of surprising, since I keep reading how unhappy everyone is with Charlie Baker. I think our Gov Mills has done a great job managing the state through this and from a distance, Baker seems to be as well. My keet (20s) already has an appointment for his 1st vaccine.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: April 27, 2021 5:03 pm
BottleofRum wrote: April 27, 2021 4:12 pm The Governor of Massachusetts announced today that the sate will be 100% open by August 1st and back to pre-covid rules. Assuming the case numbers don't spike over a long period of time and there are no set backs. Mass is about 2/3's the way to herd immunity and should reach it by the end of May so I'd bet that full reopening date changes and it happens in early July.

What does this mean for Buffett at Great Woods in August? Wait for it......

Only Time Will Tell....
That would be amazing. And sort of surprising, since I keep reading how unhappy everyone is with Charlie Baker. I think our Gov Mills has done a great job managing the state through this and from a distance, Baker seems to be as well. My keet (20s) already has an appointment for his 1st vaccine.
Governor Baker specifically chose August 1st so Buffett can play Great Woods without restrictions. That much is 100% obvious. 8)

What does this mean? It means New England Parrotheads are going to rock that tailgate like it’s the 1990s and I am personally going to Drunk Pirate the sh*t out of the parking lot more than I’ve drunk pirated the sh*t out of any parking lot and that’s saying something.

The pod idea is stupid Jimmy. See you at Great Woods and hopefully, god willing, the Chicken Box out on Nantucket Island.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 23073
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 27, 2021 5:20 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 27, 2021 5:03 pm
BottleofRum wrote: April 27, 2021 4:12 pm The Governor of Massachusetts announced today that the sate will be 100% open by August 1st and back to pre-covid rules. Assuming the case numbers don't spike over a long period of time and there are no set backs. Mass is about 2/3's the way to herd immunity and should reach it by the end of May so I'd bet that full reopening date changes and it happens in early July.

What does this mean for Buffett at Great Woods in August? Wait for it......

Only Time Will Tell....
That would be amazing. And sort of surprising, since I keep reading how unhappy everyone is with Charlie Baker. I think our Gov Mills has done a great job managing the state through this and from a distance, Baker seems to be as well. My keet (20s) already has an appointment for his 1st vaccine.
Governor Baker specifically chose August 1st so Buffett can play Great Woods without restrictions. That much is 100% obvious. 8)

What does this mean? It means New England Parrotheads are going to rock that tailgate like it’s the 1990s and I am personally going to Drunk Pirate the sh*t out of the parking lot more than I’ve drunk pirated the sh*t out of any parking lot and that’s saying something.

The pod idea is stupid Jimmy. See you at Great Woods and hopefully, god willing, the Chicken Box out on Nantucket Island.
Amen to all of this.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 23073
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

Also, :lol: :lol: :lol:
drunkpirate66 wrote: April 27, 2021 5:20 pm Governor Baker specifically chose August 1st so Buffett can play Great Woods without restrictions. That much is 100% obvious. 8)

What does this mean? It means New England Parrotheads are going to rock that tailgate like it’s the 1990s and I am personally going to Drunk Pirate the sh*t out of the parking lot more than I’ve drunk pirated the sh*t out of any parking lot and that’s saying something.

The pod idea is stupid Jimmy. See you at Great Woods and hopefully, god willing, the Chicken Box out on Nantucket Island.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image
tailgaitingph
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5704
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 27, 2021 5:20 pm Governor Baker specifically chose August 1st so Buffett can play Great Woods without restrictions. That much is 100% obvious. 8)

What does this mean? It means New England Parrotheads are going to rock that tailgate like it’s the 1990s and I am personally going to Drunk Pirate the sh*t out of the parking lot more than I’ve drunk pirated the sh*t out of any parking lot and that’s saying something.

The pod idea is stupid Jimmy. See you at Great Woods and hopefully, god willing, the Chicken Box out on Nantucket Island.
LOL!

:o I personally want to see that!!

I do agree that the pod thing is stupid
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6848
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote: April 27, 2021 5:03 pm
That would be amazing. And sort of surprising, since I keep reading how unhappy everyone is with Charlie Baker. I think our Gov Mills has done a great job managing the state through this and from a distance, Baker seems to be as well. My keet (20s) already has an appointment for his 1st vaccine.
The vaccine rollout in Mass got off to a terrible start in December and January and Baker got tons of criticism. It got much better in February when the DC regime changed and more federals resources became available. Now Mass is thriving, of all the states with 5M or more people Mass is #1 with people vaccinated per capita. In the last week alone out where I live there are more vaccines available then appointments booked. Last weekend Smith College sent out a notice hat they had 850 extra vaccines available to anyone in the public who needed one. The other day UMass had over 1K they were trying to use up. Mass should reach herd immunity in about 5 weeks or so ( by early June).

Now what does this mean for Buffett at GW in August? A lot will depend on if any of the shows happen in other places as part of the tour. He won't do one off shows here and there. I think the likely outcome he he does what he is doing in Florida, set-up shop in a city and do a series of 3-4 shows over the course of a week this summer and make it a destination then do a more widespread tour this fall. Riverbend in Cincy said they won't open until they ca have 100% capacity and other places will likely say the same.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 23073
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
Screw the pods. Pods are stupid and should never be a thing. Ever try to drunk pirate the sh*t out of something in a pod? No fun.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6848
Joined: August 8, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
That would be amazing. You all can stay with me.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: April 30, 2021 6:10 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
That would be amazing. You all can stay with me.
In a Pat Pod?
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5704
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 30, 2021 6:20 pm
BottleofRum wrote: April 30, 2021 6:10 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
That would be amazing. You all can stay with me.
In a Pat Pod?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those tickets would sell out quicker than Delray!
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 30, 2021 9:07 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: April 30, 2021 6:20 pm
BottleofRum wrote: April 30, 2021 6:10 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
That would be amazing. You all can stay with me.
In a Pat Pod?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those tickets would sell out quicker than Delray!
I can’t honestly say I’ve ever sat in a Pat Pod but I did stand under a pink umbrella with him once. That was fun.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27531
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: April 30, 2021 6:10 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:02 pm Maybe we finally get Buffett at Tanglewood? Seems an ideal location for pods.
That would be amazing. You all can stay with me.
A close drive for me too!!! I
drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8976
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

This thread is now over a year old, which I legit can’t believe. Old cliche but time does fly . . . even during a pandemic.

But as a friend pointed out the other day we still don’t have any answers to when “rescheduled” Buffett will happen.

No answers, no acknowledgement, and no communication. Other than “boat shows” that may or may not happen and pods. After a year and all we got is pods.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Post Reply