Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: May 6, 2021 2:10 pm Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Debbie
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote: May 6, 2021 2:10 pm Image
Oh, spew!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I was just listening to a Concert promoter on WPLR in CT Jim Koplik ( Live Nation)., He said 2 curious things about tours. With not all the states opening, for the bigger artist. It's hard to put a tour together. Tour cost and production cost don't make it worthwhile for them, if they can't do a full tour. What you may see is scaled down, more regional type concerts. The other thing that was mentioned, is they aren't sure when MA is opening, but August 1st was mentioned as a possible date. What does that mean. I guess, you can read between the lines, and I guess(not necessarily right) no Jimmy at GW. Could he do something smaller who knows.CT is open for business on May 19th. So he could come here. A lot of the questions were about other artist coming to CT. And a lot of the answers were, they aren't touring or moving their tour, and part of the reason was not knowing what MA is doing.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I see Zac Brown Just announced a Fenway tour date for August 8th.
rz33
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by rz33 »

Which is quite interesting as the Mayor has given the August 22 date as full opening in Boston, can't imagine The Red Sox getting a special exception to this, although everything is subject to change.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Tickets for ZBB @Fenway go on sale May 14th (May 11 for the ZBB fan club). This will be the first tickets for a newly scheduled Fenway Concert since COVID. It will be interesting to see if the plan with selling tickets is all seats are available in all sections. Or if they will cap the ticket sales to a certain percentage until they know what the capacity restrictions, if any will be.

Tomorrow Mass will hit 3M people fully vaccinated, goal is 4.1M which they'll hit by early June. Then what?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: May 10, 2021 4:49 pm Tickets for ZBB @Fenway go on sale May 14th (May 11 for the ZBB fan club). This will be the first tickets for a newly scheduled Fenway Concert since COVID. It will be interesting to see if the plan with selling tickets is all seats are available in all sections. Or if they will cap the ticket sales to a certain percentage until they know what the capacity restrictions, if any will be.

Tomorrow Mass will hit 3M people fully vaccinated, goal is 4.1M which they'll hit by early June. Then what?
Thinking of getting tickets for ZBB for Hershey for Aug. I obviously don't know what the restrictions for the area will be so that does hamper my buying...
That being said, Jimmy needs to make a statement to us that he is playing his scheduled shows or not so that people can make accomidations or cancellations if needed
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 10, 2021 5:46 pm
BottleofRum wrote: May 10, 2021 4:49 pm Tickets for ZBB @Fenway go on sale May 14th (May 11 for the ZBB fan club). This will be the first tickets for a newly scheduled Fenway Concert since COVID. It will be interesting to see if the plan with selling tickets is all seats are available in all sections. Or if they will cap the ticket sales to a certain percentage until they know what the capacity restrictions, if any will be.

Thinking of getting tickets for ZBB for Hershey for Aug. I obviously don't know what the restrictions for the area will be so that does hamper my buying...
That being said, Jimmy needs to make a statement to us that he is playing his scheduled shows or not so that people can make accomidations or cancellations if needed
I was thinking either the SPAC or Bethel Woods.
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

Jimmy said on instagram Back to work, Get ready gang. so we'll see soon what that means
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Touch O Parrotdise wrote: May 11, 2021 7:20 am

Jimmy said on instagram Back to work, Get ready gang. so we'll see soon what that means
Probably to rehearse for the Delray shows. Has he really put out a hard confirmed tour schedule? That is what i want to see.
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

Here's a new interview that's a good read - https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... uring-2021

This portion of the article sounds like as of today (which could obviously change due to Covid/State guidelines), the plan is to proceed with the summer shows...

"Buffett calls the concerts 'spring training' for when his summer job resumes — playing full-capacity shows, rescheduled from last year — in July."
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

That Billboard article offers some promise for summer shows but either a few won't happen like the 8/7 Virginia show because still as of today Peter and Jim Mayer are still listed as the headlines for a musical festival that same nights in Chicago. Along with Mick Utley, Brendon Mayer, Erin McAnally going on at 7pm. I assume Mick Utley is Mike Utley or his kid. https://www.summerchi-ill.com/schedule

So either he pulls them from this event for the Virginia show or he already knows the show isn't happening.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

On stage last night Buffett confirmed that plans for a “full tour” are in the works. “I’m hearing August, but we’ll keep you posted,” he said.

So no July shows it would appear and some sort of modified August tour schedule into the fall is the likely scenario.
Last edited by BottleofRum on May 14, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: May 14, 2021 10:26 am On stage last night Buffett confirmed that plans for a “full tour” are in the works. “I’m hearing August, but we’ll keep you posted,”

So no July shows it would appear and some sort of modified August tour schedule into the fall is the likely scenario.
Full tour depending on where he starts and finishes could be arena shows. I could see an east coast or Midwest start, and a Florida / South Finish. I say Florida because of the dates already scheduled. Otherwise, west coast finish. Also, would he do 2 weeks on, a week or 2 off like he has been doing. Then it comes down to working around states and when they go full capacity.
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 14, 2021 12:06 pm Full tour depending on where he starts and finishes could be arena shows. I could see an east coast or Midwest start, and a Florida / South Finish. I say Florida because of the dates already scheduled. Otherwise, west coast finish. Also, would he do 2 weeks on, a week or 2 off like he has been doing. Then it comes down to working around states and when they go full capacity.
He needs to move those stupid arena shows in Florida to the amphitheaters. Tailgating is the worst for arena shows, especially Tampa. Hence, why I bought tickets in Virginia and that's the most threatened show right now! 🤣
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

requiem960 wrote: May 14, 2021 8:02 pm
TommyBahama wrote: May 14, 2021 12:06 pm Full tour depending on where he starts and finishes could be arena shows. I could see an east coast or Midwest start, and a Florida / South Finish. I say Florida because of the dates already scheduled. Otherwise, west coast finish. Also, would he do 2 weeks on, a week or 2 off like he has been doing. Then it comes down to working around states and when they go full capacity.
He needs to move those stupid arena shows in Florida to the amphitheaters. Tailgating is the worst for arena shows, especially Tampa. Hence, why I bought tickets in Virginia and that's the most threatened show right now! 🤣
I like that word . . . “Hence”

I think I might use it this weekend. Class up my deck party.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 14, 2021 9:03 pm I like that word . . . “Hence”

Hence you're having a deck party & you didn't invite us?!
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 14, 2021 9:09 pm

You get to Scituate, MA you have an open invite. Bring your crew.

Hence . . . the more the merrier.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 14, 2021 9:42 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 14, 2021 9:09 pm

You get to Scituate, MA you have an open invite. Bring your crew.

Hence . . . the more the merrier.
Thanks for the invite :lol:. I'm thinking you have to give me & the crew a date tho...