Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

:wench:
tailgaitingph wrote: May 14, 2021 10:11 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 14, 2021 9:42 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 14, 2021 9:09 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 14, 2021 9:03 pm I like that word . . . “Hence”

I think I might use it this weekend. Class up my deck party.
Hence you're having a deck party & you didn't invite us?!
You get to Scituate, MA you have an open invite. Bring your crew.

Hence . . . the more the merrier.
Thanks for the invite :lol:. I'm thinking you have to give me & the crew a date tho...
People usually come over around 9 so in a couple hours my time. Turner Road. Look for the house with the angry neighbors and I’m the house next door. I have plenty of everything. Hence, just bring your good time vibes. Masks optional.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I see everything opens up on May 29th to full capacity. There is hope for August 14th.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 17, 2021 5:46 pm I see everything opens up on May 29th to full capacity. There is hope for August 14th.
Full capacity and no masks in Massachusetts.

There is hope.

However, full capacity and no masks over two months ahead of the show he has been selling tickets for going on years (literally) now I would say locks it in. As in see you there. It’s happening.

Fins up!!!
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

I have money to spend and would like to attend Indy but not willing to purchase tickets, book camping, commit the time off work request, etc until I know it's a go. I don't understand why it's so difficult to give the "go/no go" for an event that's less than two months away. If Jimmy knows it's not going to happen for him personally or the band then screw the promoter, venue manager, ticketing companies and just tell your fans.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

wiscoleeds1 wrote: May 17, 2021 6:05 pm I have money to spend and would like to attend Indy but not willing to purchase tickets, book camping, commit the time off work request, etc until I know it's a go. I don't understand why it's so difficult to give the "go/no go" for an event that's less than two months away. If Jimmy knows it's not going to happen for him personally or the band then screw the promoter, venue manager, ticketing companies and just tell your fans.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
I have tickets (already purchased) for both Red Rocks shows, a bucket list venue for me. I do not have a place to stay or airline ticket for said trip. I did have both a place to stay & plane ticket but was able to cancel them without penalty when the show was 1st postponed. I'm in limbo right now as to if I should rebook both because I really don't know if the shows are happening...
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 17, 2021 6:02 pm
TommyBahama wrote: May 17, 2021 5:46 pm I see everything opens up on May 29th to full capacity. There is hope for August 14th.

There is hope.

However, full capacity and no masks over two months ahead of the show he has been selling tickets for going on years (literally) now I would say locks it in. As in see you there. It’s happening.

Fins up!!!
That's for fully vaccinated people. But, again, if they don't check, how would they know. In CT, they say use the honor system. Some will, but many won't. He would then have to put a tour together. I don't think he would zigzag around the United States. So does the August date move? Let's hope not.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 18, 2021 6:52 am

There is hope.

Fins up!!!
That's for fully vaccinated people. But, again, if they don't check, how would they know. In CT, they say use the honor system. Some will, but many won't. He would then have to put a tour together. I don't think he would zigzag around the United States. So does the August date move? Let's hope not.
Agreed.

Facts: I know tickets have been sold for Great Woods, and other shows, for this tour for years now. They are being sold as if these shows are happening. People expect them to happen.

In Massachusetts Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park are open for full capacity. Tanglewood is open. While I haven’t heard anything specific about Great Woods I know bands are scheduling shows for this summer so you can infer it will be open. It’s less than 1/3 the capacity of Gillette. If Gillette is open then Great Woods will be open.

These stadiums are open full capacity 2 1/2 months before the Great Woods show. It’s not last minute news.

There isn’t any reason why Jimmy Buffett can’t play the dang show as scheduled ****

**** unless he decided to not play this summer months ago and told his management, band members, crew, lawyers, insurance company, and private gumbo chef but not tell his fans while tickets were still being sold, hotels were still being reserved, and flights were being booked. That would be so unbelievably unprofessional and unethical and I really hope he wouldn’t or didn’t do that.

Massachusetts is open in a couple weeks. See you all at Great Woods.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 18, 2021 8:17 am

There is hope.

Fins up!!!
Agreed.

Facts: I know tickets have been sold for Great Woods, and other shows, for this tour for years now. They are being sold as if these shows are happening. People expect them to happen.

In Massachusetts Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park are open for full capacity. Tanglewood is open. While I haven’t heard anything specific about Great Woods I know bands are scheduling shows for this summer so you can infer it will be open. It’s less than 1/3 the capacity of Gillette. If Gillette is open then Great Woods will be open.

These stadiums are open full capacity 2 1/2 months before the Great Woods show. It’s not last minute news.

There isn’t any reason why Jimmy Buffett can’t play the dang show as scheduled ****

**** unless he decided to not play this summer months ago and told his management, band members, crew, lawyers, insurance company, and private gumbo chef but not tell his fans while tickets were still being sold, hotels were still being reserved, and flights were being booked. That would be so unbelievably unprofessional and unethical and I really hope he wouldn’t or didn’t do that.

I agree. I would just like to see a confirmed schedule from Jimmy. I get putting a tour that works together. With only 37% of the country fully vaccinated. They are saying full capacity for those vaccinated. I'm not sure how it works for those not vaccinated. Not that people would admit to not being vaccinated, if they want to see a show. I don't have a ticket yet, but that is nothing new for me. I have the day marked on my calendar. But, if I want to see a show in another city too. That takes planning, and it would be nice to know hard dates.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 18, 2021 9:01 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 18, 2021 8:17 am

There is hope.

Fins up!!!
Agreed.

I agree. I would just like to see a confirmed schedule from Jimmy. I get putting a tour that works together. With only 37% of the country fully vaccinated. They are saying full capacity for those vaccinated. I'm not sure how it works for those not vaccinated. Not that people would admit to not being vaccinated, if they want to see a show. I don't have a ticket yet, but that is nothing new for me. I have the day marked on my calendar. But, if I want to see a show in another city too. That takes planning, and it would be nice to know hard dates.
That would be so nice to see a short note from Jimmy regarding his summer plans. Motley Crue provided that courtesy with their fans recently. Many other bands have done the same. Some bands even communicated their tour intentions for 2021 last Winter as to not give anyone a false sense of hope who might be purchasing tickets and making plans. I sincerely hope his silence on this isn’t an indication he isn’t touring. Whether he is or is not I think every one can agree he knows what he is doing . . . he’s just not letting his fans in on the information.

I would think that with the news out of Massachusetts yesterday, considering he plays there annually, he would’ve sent out a tweet saying something simple like “Hey New England Parrotheads. Great news. I’ll keep you posted on Great Woods but we’re thinking about you . . . “ even something vague like that would be better than nothing.
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

Who cares about those not vaccinated? Those who are going to get it, are going to get it, or we've already got it. Those who aren't, aren't. And people on both sides need to understand that, and drop the political b.s. on both sides of the fence. The fact remains that well over half of the country is ready to open things back up. And it's super upsetting that, I live in Tampa Bay, I have tickets to Bristow, VA. I'm sitting on Disney hotel reservations, plan on leaving my family to fly up to VA from Orlando and fly back to Tampa post-concert, plus I've got hotel reservations in VA, and no flights scheduled 11 1/2 weeks away from the show, because I'm still expecting a cancellation. (Rant ended)

The biggest issue is the lack of professionalism, as mentioned. I can't be the only one holding on to plans to travel and a desire to see a live show. Holy Smokes Jimmy, make a formal announcement! Some of us either would like money back, or to spend the money to bring everything to fruition!!!

I don't know if, at this point, he's optimistic on the early dates. But I'm sure decisions have been made for a good chunk of the July and August shows. And it'd be nice to put an end to speculation and rumors.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

requiem960 wrote: May 18, 2021 9:29 am Who cares about those not vaccinated? Those who are going to get it, are going to get it, or we've already got it. Those who aren't, aren't. And people on both sides need to understand that, and drop the political b.s. on both sides of the fence. The fact remains that well over half of the country is ready to open things back up. And it's super upsetting that, I live in Tampa Bay, I have tickets to Bristow, VA. I'm sitting on Disney hotel reservations, plan on leaving my family to fly up to VA from Orlando and fly back to Tampa post-concert, plus I've got hotel reservations in VA, and no flights scheduled 11 1/2 weeks away from the show, because I'm still expecting a cancellation. (Rant ended)

The biggest issue is the lack of professionalism, as mentioned. I can't be the only one holding on to plans to travel and a desire to see a live show. Holy Smokes Jimmy, make a formal announcement! Some of us either would like money back, or to spend the money to bring everything to fruition!!!

I don't know if, at this point, he's optimistic on the early dates. But I'm sure decisions have been made for a good chunk of the July and August shows. And it'd be nice to put an end to speculation and rumors.
He usually does 2 weeks on tour and two weeks off. August east coast would be filled based on what is listed. But, Midwest, west coast and some southern dates haven't been announced or even listed. Does he shuffle things around to accommodate different regions?
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

It is looking like a much better possibility that these late summer shows will happen. But what do you think about tailgating? To me, if you're at full capacity at the venue it doesn't seem like it would make a difference in the lots but who knows.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

This is what is scheduled so far. I left off the Florida Dates. Also i'm not to sure on the Overseas dates. Usual concert stops not listed has of yet. Chicago , Alpine , Houston , Dallas , Atlanta , Vegas , West Coast , One of the Carolina's , St Louis , Nashville (which was canceled twice). I may be missing some. You may be able to fill in the blanks. But ,he does take off time between legs.

Saturday

Jul 10

Ruoff Music Center
Noblesville, IN (Rescheduled)

Tuesday

Jul 13

Riverbend Music Center
Cincinnati, OH (rescheduled)

Thursday

Jul 15

The Pavilion at Star Lake
Burgettstown, PA (rescheduled)

Saturday

Aug 7

Jiffy Lube Live
Bristow, VA (rescheduled)

Tuesday

Aug 10

Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
Wantagh, NY (rescheduled)

Thursday

Aug 12

B B & T Pavilion
Camden, NJ (rescheduled)

Saturday

Aug 14

Xfinity Center
Boston, MA (rescheduled)

Tuesday

Sep 7

Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO (rescheduled)

Thursday

Sep 9

Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO (rescheduled)

Saturday

Sep 18

London Palladium
London, England (rescheduled)

Monday

Sep 20

Olympia Theatre
Dublin, Ireland (rescheduled)

Thursday

Sep 23

La Cigale
Paris, France (rescheduled)

Saturday

Sept 25

La Cigale
Paris, France (rescheduled)
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

MDShark70 wrote: May 18, 2021 10:33 am It is looking like a much better possibility that these late summer shows will happen. But what do you think about tailgating? To me, if you're at full capacity at the venue it doesn't seem like it would make a difference in the lots but who knows.
That's a good question. Even though at GW they have opened the lots a lot later than past years. I think it was 1 a couple of years ago. They may go later. Depends on what protocols they have in place. Will there be concerns on their part of % of vaccinated. I guess we will find out from other Live Nation venues, who have shows before GW. But, again every state is different. Then there is the staffing issue. Will employees be comfortable. Too many questions to be answered. But,we can always tailgate or party at a hotel before the show. Then the issue becomes making it to the venue.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I think restarting in the summer will depend on all the venues he is scheduled to play at opening at 100%. GW opening at full capacity is great news but you'll also need other venues to follow and open up too. He won't do one off shows here and there, he'll want the shows as stops on a leg on the tour, so 5-6 shows over two weeks. We already know something is fishy with that 8/7 Virginia date. The fact Peter and Jim were not part of the Delray shows adds more intrigue.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: May 18, 2021 9:59 pm I think restarting in the summer will depend on all the venues he is scheduled to play at opening at 100%. GW opening at full capacity is great news but you'll also need other venues to follow and open up too. He won't do one off shows here and there, he'll want the shows as stops on a leg on the tour, so 5-6 shows over two weeks. We already know something is fishy with that 8/7 Virginia date. The fact Peter and Jim were not part of the Delray shows adds more intrigue.
NY and MA would be open. I'm not sure about NJ & PA. We know about VA. He would usually do Jones Beach, GW, Camden, Pittsburgh and VA and I think Maryland as one leg of the tour.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 19, 2021 7:26 am
BottleofRum wrote: May 18, 2021 9:59 pm I think restarting in the summer will depend on all the venues he is scheduled to play at opening at 100%. GW opening at full capacity is great news but you'll also need other venues to follow and open up too. He won't do one off shows here and there, he'll want the shows as stops on a leg on the tour, so 5-6 shows over two weeks. We already know something is fishy with that 8/7 Virginia date. The fact Peter and Jim were not part of the Delray shows adds more intrigue.
NY and MA would be open. I'm not sure about NJ & PA. We know about VA. He would usually do Jones Beach, GW, Camden, Pittsburgh and VA and I think Maryland as one leg of the tour.
4 shows at Great Woods.

Done.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 19, 2021 8:03 am
4 shows at Great Woods.

Done.
That works!!!
nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by nckodo »

I am curious about the July shows, they are still scheduled and he claimed last night they would be rehearsing in late June for summer shows.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 19, 2021 8:03 am
4 shows at Great Woods.

Done.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”