“Rescheduled” Buffett

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: February 2, 2021 8:22 pm Connected? dnw is in possession of actual pebbles from Bubba's driveway. Doesn't get much more connected than that. :wink: :P :lol:
I did not know this. Is there a word for that... Oh yeah!!! Stalker!!! Which house and driveway??
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

🤐🤐🤐

Debbie
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 31, 2021 2:46 pm
dnw wrote: January 31, 2021 2:22 pm Someone that knows someone that knows someone said no European shows this year. :D :D :D
The plot thickens.

Those April and May dates are strongly in doubt too.
Late August or September seems to be the most likely time shows will return....unless the new variants/strains of the virus prove to be too much and the original vaccine isn't effective enough. That's the only scenario where there could still be no shows at all this year. I definitely think there will be at least a few shows with limited capacity crowds later this year though.

The other factor in play here is: What if Jimmy's health were to start to decline a little bit between now and the end of this year just due to old age? I already thought at the beginning of 2020 that he probably only had four or five years of touring left in him realistically. If he does lose two full years of touring due to the pandemic, then could we be looking at a farewell tour of sorts around 2023 or '24?
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

dnw wrote: January 31, 2021 7:29 pm
All this is not written in stone, but no inside shows and nothing before the Fall. This is all hearsay.

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: February 5, 2021 11:35 am
All this is not written in stone, but no inside shows and nothing before the Fall. This is all hearsay.

:lol:
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

BottleofRum wrote: February 5, 2021 11:35 am

🤣🤣🤣

Debbie
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

All Covid restrictions lifted in Iowa this Monday. Fins up at Field of Dreams, Jimmy?
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I spoke to my Red Sox season ticket rep earlier this week. In terms of gatherings in Mass this may be helpful, Fenway hopes/planning on 20% capacity on or around May 1st and 50% on or around July 15th. At this time they don't anticipate having full capacity at Fenway Park in 2021 (the team is terrible anyway which would probably be moot but talk about getting ahead of a story) so they are not planning on selling single game tickets to the general public, only season ticket holders would be allowed access into the park if/when they can start having fans. She said the state has a lot of restrictions that will need to be followed by all large scale events no matter the venue. And the COVOD numbers have to keep trending down. I asked about the 10 or so concerts scheduled at Fenway in 2021 and she said they are hoping to find a way to make it work but many artist may decided on their own to PPD.

Based on all of this I was given the option to opt-out of my season tickets for the 2021 season with no financial loss and keep the rights for 2022 which I accepted. Too much unknown to tie up that kind of money.
Last edited by BottleofRum on February 14, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Thanks for the update Pat!

Really cool they gave you the option to opt-out AND keep your rights without financial loss. Win win!
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 11, 2021 4:35 pm Thanks for the update Pat!

Really cool they gave you the option to opt-out AND keep your rights without financial loss. Win win!
Not all heroes wear capes.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Thanks for the insight Patrick. You are right though , they may be awful this year. I don't get the Benintedi trade. I think the guy will be a star , and it wasn't like he was costing them money for the next few years. Very disappointed.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: February 12, 2021 9:25 am Thanks for the insight Patrick. You are right though , they may be awful this year. I don't get the Benintedi trade. I think the guy will be a star , and it wasn't like he was costing them money for the next few years. Very disappointed.
100% agree.

I like Fenway on a Sunday in the summer especially during an afternoon game. Red Sox v. Yankees Sunday night on ESPN are the worst. Give me a barely televised Red Sox game at 1pm on a sunny day in June or July on a Sunday and it’s perfect. Drink a beer in the bleachers. Watch some baseball. Find a pub by the harbor after for some fish and chips. Perfect afternoon.

Even if they’re not competitive.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 11, 2021 4:35 pm Thanks for the update Pat!

The team is hemorrhaging money and they are down a significant number of season ticket holders since 2018 part is the pandemic and part is the quality and direction of the team. They have about 18K season ticket holders now, down from about 25K just a few years ago. This played a part in allowing me and I am sure others to opt-out and stay on for 2022, keep as many people on the list as possible and hope they return in 2022. I am not 100% sure if I will even reup for 2022 but the option is at least there now.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

BottleofRum wrote: February 14, 2021 1:19 pmThe team is hemorrhaging money and they are down a significant number of season ticket holders since 2018 part is the pandemic and part is the quality and direction of the team. They have about 18K season ticket holders now, down from about 25K just a few years ago. This played a part in allowing me and I am sure others to opt-out and stay on for 2022, keep as many people on the list as possible and hope they return in 2022. I am not 100% sure if I will even reup for 2022 but the option is at least there now.
One down year like 2020 can be forgiven, but two years like that in a row is unacceptable. The team just looked disinterested at times last year and hopefully bringing Cora back as manager will help. The Red Sox' history shows that last place finishes can sometimes even be followed up by World Series wins the following year (the WS title in 2013 was sandwiched in between two down years), but there is almost zero chance of that happening again in 2021. One of the few bright spots last year was Eovaldi's performance but behind him there is almost no pitching depth. Getting Eduardo Rodriguez back and healthy would definitely help.

It seems a little early for the Red Sox to be making a call on if/when full capacity crowds could return. Half capacity by mid July is a realistic goal but if we're being optimistic and the vaccine distribution goes even faster than expected, who's to say more than 50% couldn't be safe by late August or September? Based on what I've read, it seems that even someone who is fully vaccinated could still have to wear a mask afterward which would make attending games in 2021 undesirable, even for a season ticket holder.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 13, 2021 12:36 amI like Fenway on a Sunday in the summer especially during an afternoon game. Red Sox v. Yankees Sunday night on ESPN are the worst. Give me a barely televised Red Sox game at 1pm on a sunny day in June or July on a Sunday and it’s perfect. Drink a beer in the bleachers. Watch some baseball. Find a pub by the harbor after for some fish and chips. Perfect afternoon.

Even if they’re not competitive.
Even as an absolute diehard Sox fan, I usually don't actually attend many games at Fenway. Watching all the games on NESN or listening on the Red Sox Radio Network is good enough for me. The tickets are expensive and as beloved a ballpark as Fenway is, some of the seats there are actually uncomfortable to sit in. And some of the vantage points you get when watching on TV are actually better than when you're watching in the stands.

My ideal Boston trip is going to a BU soccer game at Nickerson Field in late August or September, and then walking down Comm Ave to Kenmore Square to buy all sorts of Red Sox merchandise at the Jersey Street Store afterward (when the Red Sox are away). I'd rather spend my money on player name and number t shirts, World Series DVDs, etc than actually being there at Fenway in person.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

TommyBahama wrote: February 12, 2021 9:25 am Thanks for the insight Patrick. You are right though , they may be awful this year. I don't get the Benintedi trade. I think the guy will be a star , and it wasn't like he was costing them money for the next few years. Very disappointed.
The Mitch Moreland trade back in August didn't make sense either. I know they received some good young prospects in the trade, but having Moreland's bat in the lineup for 2021 really would have been nice. Benintendi was already a star both in the outfield and at the plate, so money clearly had something to do with why they traded him. They might not be awful this year- there are still some talented players on the roster to build around- but playing in the same division as the Rays, Yankees and an improved Toronto will make it tough to contend. The outlook for 2022 looks much better.
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

What are the odds that Europe will be the only concerts this year?
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MyTyGy wrote: February 20, 2021 4:19 pm What are the odds that Europe will be the only concerts this year?
As far as I’m aware there hasn’t been any update to the 2021 tour. We are less than 8 weeks away from the Spring shows and I think they are still scheduled to take place.

I think it’s fair to say these shows won’t happen as scheduled much like last year. The question, much like last year, is why are no announcements happening? Other then greed I truly can’t think of a legitimate answer. People have airfare and hotels booked for these shows. People have scheduled time off of work. Made plans with other Parrot Heads. How long does he need to hold onto people’s ticket money? Someone, or many someone’s, is/are making considerable interest of this money. Sad but true but legal corporate move.

Based on the amount of event already being cancelled this summer (Baseball HOF Induction for 2020 inductees will not allow fans and Boston Calling was just cancelled) as well as information provided from people on this thread connected to the band, it doesn’t look like he will be touring this summer either.

Edit: just checked - you can still buy tickets to any show including the April dates less then two months away. Maybe he is actually planning on going out?
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

I am holding Stones tix from last spring. Last news was March 2020. Are they all even still alive? Clapton is listed at RAH for May but Boris just announced there will be no large gathering till June 21. The only good thing is fares are cheap and full cancellation is possible.