Moderator: SMLCHNG

RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by RIPH »

Actually, there is tons of communication, just not what you want to hear. :lol: :pirate: :wink: :lol:

We are actually loving the Saturday night replays too.

The past two weeks were incredibly awesome shows! Love seeing the old skits including Fingers as Elvis and the handing out of Domino College Diploma's to the band! :D

Thanks for rebroadcasting these Jimmy. :pirate:
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

If there has been any communication regarding shows rescheduled from 2020 to 2021, especially those that are still being promoted for this coming summer please share.

It appears that members of the Coral Reefer band have been made aware they won’t be touring this summer. However, tickets are still available and still being sold, people still have hotels booked and travel plans (airfare) paid for.

I would really appreciate if you can share this communication. This is a rescheduled Buffett thread. Not I’m loving old videos thread.

It would be great to hear some correspondence about this.

Thanks in advance.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

It would appear that you actually already have been receiving communications, actual insider coral reefer communication at that! :P

It appears to me at least, based on Jimmy's communications, that he really isn't in any hurry to provide anything more than he has already.

I get that you think he should be giving out more, but like all of us, he can do whatever he wants. He does not owe us anything more. :D :pirate: :lol:
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

RIPH wrote: May 4, 2021 1:29 pm It would appear that you actually already have been receiving communications, actual insider coral reefer communication at that! :P

It appears to me at least, based on Jimmy's communications, that he really isn't in any hurry to provide anything more than he has already.

I get that you think he should be giving out more, but like all of us, he can do whatever he wants. He does not owe us anything more. :D :pirate: :lol:
If he still has people’s money for tickets under a false promise of shows he knows won’t happen and also has the 2020 shows now rescheduled for 2021 up on Ticketmaster where people can still buy unsold or resale tickets I respectfully disagree.

He does owe those people something. Even if it’s a simply communication.

Thanks for chiming in though. Love the little emojis.
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 4, 2021 2:18 pm
RIPH wrote: May 4, 2021 1:29 pm It would appear that you actually already have been receiving communications, actual insider coral reefer communication at that! :P

If he still has people’s money for tickets under a false promise of shows he knows won’t happen and also has the 2020 shows now rescheduled for 2021 up on Ticketmaster where people can still buy unsold or resale tickets I respectfully disagree.

He does owe those people something. Even if it’s a simply communication.

Thanks for chiming in though. Love the little emojis.
I was searching for Magenta emojis! :P :lol:
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

My last Buffett show was Sept., 2019. I had been to at least one show every year since 1993 until last year. As more time goes by I find myself caring less about going to another show. When, or if, he goes out on the road again I'm not so sure I'll be there. I never thought I'd say that but I just don't miss it like I thought I would.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I don't think it's that hard to understand. He's outright canceled a few shows that he couldn't reschedule and others have new dates. To me that means AS OF RIGHT NOW they are intending to play them. That can certainly change based upon new case numbers, amount of people vaccinated and what various states are allowing. Now I think it should be easier for people to ask for refunds to shows that have now been scheduled for 4 different dates but that's another matter and isn't really on Jimmy.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I do see that Buffett is on the Xfinity website for August 14th. It also says rescheduled as do a few other shows from 2021. They do also have some shows that are new to the schedule. I know CT has opened to concerts last week (Social distance and the infamous pods) and events on May 19th full capacity for outdoor shows and sporting events. Indoor shows will have Social distancing in effect with mask. I haven't heard where MA has followed suite yet.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 4, 2021 4:22 pm I do see that Buffett is on the Xfinity website for August 14th. It also says rescheduled as do a few other shows from 2021. They do also have some shows that are new to the schedule. I know CT has opened to concerts last week (Social distance and the infamous pods) and events on May 19th full capacity for outdoor shows and sporting events. Indoor shows will have Social distancing in effect with mask. I haven't heard where MA has followed suite yet.
In just over two months Jimmy is slated to play the Ruoff Music center in Indiana. Tickets are still being actively sold for this event on livenation. Thousands of people are still holding onto tickets from last year in anticipation.

I hope Jimmy is good faith honestly intends to play this concert and other concerts this summer. If he knows he is not going to play this and other shows but is allowing livenation/Ticketmaster to actively sell tickets to a show only 8 1/2 weeks away and he knows people are still holding onto to tickets already purchased that is so not ethical I can’t wrap my head around it.

Other huge acts, like Kenny Chesney cancelled (or postponed) shows for 2021 months ago and then communicated they didn’t want to give a false impression of honoring shows they knew they weren’t going to play. Chesney had a thing about on No Shoes on Sirius.

Many of us know or have known members of Buffett’s band and crew. Tommy, I know you know Buffett’s secretary or have had conversations with her. It appears he’s told them he doesn’t intend to go out on tour. I 100% hope that isn’t true. Or if it is he communicates that with his fans soon. I really don’t think that is too much to ask as we are rapidly approaching Memorial Day and the unofficial start to summer.
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

This is killing me, 13 weeks away from the Virginia show. I live in Tampa, and bought tickets up there to see an amphitheater show rather than the arena (as arena shows, to me, are less fun). The last thing I want to do is secure my airfare for Buffett to turn around and say, "Sorry we're postponing."

With our governor rescinding our COVID emergency orders, and we're seeing more and more sports teams announcing and putting 100% attendance back into effect across different states, I'm optimistic we'll be seeing summer tours, especially those held outside. But I'm still not betting airfare on that, and I feel that's unfair.

I'm with those of you who feel Buffett owes us word on whether he feels he'll be playing or potentially canceling.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 4, 2021 5:44 pm
TommyBahama wrote: May 4, 2021 4:22 pm I do see that Buffett is on the Xfinity website for August 14th. It also says rescheduled as do a few other shows from 2021. They do also have some shows that are new to the schedule. I know CT has opened to concerts last week (Social distance and the infamous pods) and events on May 19th full capacity for outdoor shows and sporting events. Indoor shows will have Social distancing in effect with mask. I haven't heard where MA has followed suite yet.
In just over two months Jimmy is slated to play the Ruoff Music center in Indiana. Tickets are still being actively sold for this event on livenation. Thousands of people are still holding onto tickets from last year in anticipation.

I hope Jimmy is good faith honestly intends to play this concert and other concerts this summer. If he knows he is not going to play this and other shows but is allowing livenation/Ticketmaster to actively sell tickets to a show only 8 1/2 weeks away and he knows people are still holding onto to tickets already purchased that is so not ethical I can’t wrap my head around it.

Other huge acts, like Kenny Chesney cancelled (or postponed) shows for 2021 months ago and then communicated they didn’t want to give a false impression of honoring shows they knew they weren’t going to play. Chesney had a thing about on No Shoes on Sirius.

Many of us know or have known members of Buffett’s band and crew. Tommy, I know you know Buffett’s secretary or have had conversations with her. It appears he’s told them he doesn’t intend to go out on tour. I 100% hope that isn’t true. Or if it is he communicates that with his fans soon. I really don’t think that is too much to ask as we are rapidly approaching Memorial Day and the unofficial start to summer.
That was a one time conversation in a parking lot in WPB. I wish I had that as an everyday connection. I would like to know only because , if he isn't coming, I can maybe go to another concert. I have it market on my calendar. I do know someone associated with the crew. But, i have lost touch with her years ago. Once she married , had a baby and her new life. I just lost touch with her. I guess we sit and wait. Jon what is MA doing as far as policy changes? I know here on May 19th it opens up. I haven't heard what MA is doing. They seemed to be a couple of weeks behind CT when the whole pandemic started.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 5, 2021 8:50 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 4, 2021 5:44 pm

That was a one time conversation in a parking lot in WPB. I wish I had that as an everyday connection. I would like to know only because , if he isn't coming, I can maybe go to another concert. I have it market on my calendar. I do know someone associated with the crew. But, i have lost touch with her years ago. Once she married , had a baby and her new life. I just lost touch with her. I guess we sit and wait. Jon what is MA doing as far as policy changes? I know here on May 19th it opens up. I haven't heard what MA is doing. They seemed to be a couple of weeks behind CT when the whole pandemic started.
I know, from Pat, Fenway is allowing shows and several bands have signed onto to play. Tanglewood is allowing shows. The Pavillion in Boston is allowing shows. Several bands appear to be touring and have communicated that with their fans. Several bands have communicated they won’t be touring at all. I find that information helpful, personally.
Last edited by drunkpirate66 on May 5, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: May 4, 2021 2:43 pm My last Buffett show was Sept., 2019. I had been to at least one show every year since 1993 until last year. As more time goes by I find myself caring less about going to another show. When, or if, he goes out on the road again I'm not so sure I'll be there. I never thought I'd say that but I just don't miss it like I thought I would.
Ditto that for me.
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

LIPH wrote: May 4, 2021 2:43 pm My last Buffett show was Sept., 2019. I had been to at least one show every year since 1993 until last year. As more time goes by I find myself caring less about going to another show. When, or if, he goes out on the road again I'm not so sure I'll be there. I never thought I'd say that but I just don't miss it like I thought I would.

I'm beginning to agree with you... Jimmy doesn't care, why should I
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

requiem960 wrote: May 5, 2021 8:01 am This is killing me, 13 weeks away from the Virginia show. I live in Tampa, and bought tickets up there to see an amphitheater show rather than the arena (as arena shows, to me, are less fun). The last thing I want to do is secure my airfare for Buffett to turn around and say, "Sorry we're postponing."

With our governor rescinding our COVID emergency orders, and we're seeing more and more sports teams announcing and putting 100% attendance back into effect across different states, I'm optimistic we'll be seeing summer tours, especially those held outside. But I'm still not betting airfare on that, and I feel that's unfair.

I'm with those of you who feel Buffett owes us word on whether he feels he'll be playing or potentially canceling.
100%

Others on this thread posted this https://www.summerchi-ill.com/schedule months back showing the Coral Reefers have agreed to at least one event that would be a direct conflict with Buffett’s tour. This could change, I suppose. But at the very least I think it conforms his band was told they are free for at least part of the summer, right?

And directly conflicts with your Virginia show.

Tickets are still being sold for that show and is listed as active.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I wouldn't necessarily miss not attending any more concerts BUT I DO AND WILL continue to miss the comradery we've stumbled on thanks to Jimmy :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 5, 2021 11:06 am
requiem960 wrote: May 5, 2021 8:01 am This is killing me, 13 weeks away from the Virginia show. I live in Tampa, and bought tickets up there to see an amphitheater show rather than the arena (as arena shows, to me, are less fun). The last thing I want to do is secure my airfare for Buffett to turn around and say, "Sorry we're postponing."

100%

Others on this thread posted this https://www.summerchi-ill.com/schedule months back showing the Coral Reefers have agreed to at least one event that would be a direct conflict with Buffett’s tour. This could change, I suppose. But at the very least I think it conforms his band was told they are free for at least part of the summer, right?

Wow. Not good.

I would still like to see them live, always prefer outside v. in, and always prefer sheds v. arenas or {{{shudder}}} stadiums. And I personally am okay with just catching them on the fly, short notice, etc. That's fine for going forward.

But I agree 100% that the fans who already bought and booked need and deserve the courtesy of realistic updates. Some people may be flexible to absorb delays/deferments. Conversely, some might have new and more pressing needs for that money, for other entertainment diversions or new circumstances.

Do the right thing.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

lime rickie wrote: May 5, 2021 5:39 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 5, 2021 11:06 am

100%

Wow. Not good.

I would still like to see them live, always prefer outside v. in, and always prefer sheds v. arenas or {{{shudder}}} stadiums. And I personally am okay with just catching them on the fly, short notice, etc. That's fine for going forward.

But I agree 100% that the fans who already bought and booked need and deserve the courtesy of realistic updates. Some people may be flexible to absorb delays/deferments. Conversely, some might have new and more pressing needs for that money, for other entertainment diversions or new circumstances.

Do the right thing.
I feel Buffett should realize that a lot of his fans travel to shows. And that's eye opening to see members of the Coral Reefers with prior engagements. Unfortunately, calling Delta and saying, "can you refund my plane ticket, Jimmy Buffett just rescheduled the show I had tickets to, and now I have no reason to go to DC," isn't going to fly (no pun intended) for a full refund. So, again I don't want to secure airfare.

Personally, and thank you Drunk Pirate, I feel Buffett already has a handle on what he's going to do. And if postponing is his thought, why keep selling tickets?

I have a bunch of plans hinged around what happens. And selfishly, I'd just like to know yes or no!
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

I wouldn't say your selfish when there are hundreds of thousands of us waiting on a published, marketed and ticketed tour season where we all believe Buffett has already made up his mind. I believe the word selfish falls on the other side of the fence this time. It would seem he really does not have the fans best interests at heart. For someone like Buffett, with such marketing savvy, I think he is completely failing with regards to the 2021 concert tour season.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”