JIMMY AT FASTER HORSES 2021?

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

JIMMY AT FASTER HORSES 2021?

Post by msu#1 »

Withing the last few hours Jimmys Facebook added Faster Horses festival 2020 as an event.

Faster horses this year has been cancelled so yeah that's wierd.........

Background: Faster Horses festival is held in Brooklyn Michigan (just outside of Jackson Michigan, west of Ann Arbor) . The event takes place on the grounds of Michigan International Speedway. Yes it's a Nascar track.

This festival has been around for around ten years now.
It was started as a sorta country version of Bonnaroo or lalapalooza.

It has been way more popular than most people thought...most thought it would be a one and done festival. The crowd and the acts well......not so hot. Most of the acts and headliners are what you could grade out as B- country acts.

In the past they have had Miranda Lambert , Tim McGraw and Brooks and Dunn as headliners so some decents acts too.

The concert takes place over three days in July.....you can buy a three day pass or individual days. You can also camp on the site for the three days.

The crowd is very much what you would expect from a camping country festival...alot of younger people with Confederate flag shorts and t-shirts....and flags.

But there are older people and more "non southern pride because this is Michigan" people mixed in.

This would be a real wierd one for Jimmy....it could be cool with the camping and tailgating all day....but it won't be a Jimmy crowd it will be a country crowd with parrotheads mixed in.

Not sure how I feel about this......but I'd probably be there as my family lives close
Last edited by msu#1 on July 19, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Jimmy being added to Faster Horses for 2021??????

Post by Dr.Corona »

The 3 headliners for next year are Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett & Jason Aldean.
Maybe Jimmy does Saturday July 17 at Pine Knob, then him & Mac sit in Friday or Sunday night with one of the 3 headline guys. 8)
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Dr. C , yep I just saw that they are keeping the lineup intact for next year

Which makes this all the more wierd. Chicago has been cancelled for next year so it leaves Jimmy open to play a Saturday July 17 th show
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

After thinking about this more......the tickets and campsites for faster horses 2020/(which is now 2021) have already been sold.

People can keep them for next year or get a refund.

That would mean Parrotheads would be locked out already from tickets.

Could they be working with Jimmy to produce a brand new festival???

A new parrothead festival in the north would be awesome.....jack Johnson, Kenny, Zac brown.....that would be insane.

Faster horses could do it at mis just about anytime they only have two race weekends per year now....

Looking at Jimmy's schedule I'm not sure if that could be the case though as the only big hole that lines up is the no cancelled show in Chicago which is July 18th. , Which lines right back up with the regular faster horses fest.

Poop well I can dream
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

You have to admit recently Jimmy has "experimented" here in Michigan with 3 trips to Comerica & 1 to West Riverfront in addition to the ventures over to Pine Knob. While Faster Horses could open him up to more to the country folks, putting him 2nd fiddle to the headliners I mentioned doesn't seem like a viable option.
This just seems TOO DAMN WEIRD.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Agree again Dr. C

Jimmy does seem to love us more now than in the conspiracy days of the 90's when we were on the at least 3 yrs between shows period.

Looking more at the mis schedule and Jimmy's schedule for 2021 .

There are definitely weekends available for a Jimmy only or Jimmy and friends festival date if they went the route.

Didn't think it was possible at first but it sure is.

Agree....Luke combs is good but he'll even most country fans don't can't name his songs or pick him out.....they can sing them though. There's no way Jimmy goes on before him.

I'm thinking this is a new festival now about 60/40 % wise.

Nascar runs races first part of June and mid August at mis next year
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Miss the rebroadcast of the 91 pine knob show last night dang it was hoping maybe there was me some clues as to what's going on for next year
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

So again no updates at all from Jimmy or faster horses.

But.....it that past day....Nascar has banned Confederate flags from it's events.

Faster horses never has....despite being a track in Michigan!!!

Hope Jimmy considers that and faster horses response in the future....

Fyi faster horses campground is usually littered with that flag
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

July 18th 2021… the now canceled Chicago show and the middle of the faster horses festival has been booked for dte (pine knob)

The disturbed concert for August 2020 is now scheduled for July 18th at dte.

So...Jimmy will not at least be at pine knob instead of Chicago next year.....

I've received no response denying or confirming a partnership with Jimmy from faster horses. Gonna be a wierd year
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Re: MAJOR RUMOR UPDATE!!! JIMMY AT FASTER HORSES NEXT MONTH 2020!

Post by msu#1 »

Huge rumor update!!!

1. Jimmy has quietly been telling people in interviews for the new album that he was doing the drive in thing before anyone else.

2. Jimmy was suppose to do the grand ole opry with Brad Paisley.

3. Jimmy added Faster horses 2020 as an event ...weeks after it was cancelled.

4. Today Live Nation announced the Drive-in Live concert series! Live concerts at three venues in Nashville, Missouri, and Noblesville , Indiana. People will not have a seat they will have a "parking spot" to watch the stage and the big screens.

5. The headliner for these three shows so far....Brad Paisley, with Darius Rucker joing in Nashville, Nellie joing in Missouri.

6. These are scheduled for July 10-12… it's not a big jump to see them add another show for the next weekend at the now vacant date for faster horse festival.....

7. Unlike the other states Michigan is not open yet to music so they couldn't announce something in Michigan yet.

8. Even smaller jump that if they do they headliner again would be Paisley with a special appearance by Jimmy Buffett?
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

I appreciate your enthusiasm. :lol:

There was a little drive in concert near here and every car got two spots, one for their car and one to put chairs and set ups. So essentially a tailgate scenario.

But then I saw one advertised for Southside Johnny at Monmouth Park in NJ and it was car only, e.g. sit in your car for the whole show. I just can't see that being any fun.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

msu#1 wrote: June 22, 2020 10:16 am Huge rumor update!!!

1. Jimmy has quietly been telling people in interviews for the new album that he was doing the drive in thing before anyone else.

4. Today Live Nation announced the Drive-in Live concert series! Live concerts at three venues in Nashville, Missouri, and Noblesville , Indiana. People will not have a seat they will have a "parking spot" to watch the stage and the big screens.

5. The headliner for these three shows so far....Brad Paisley, with Darius Rucker joing in Nashville, Nellie joing in Missouri.

6. These are scheduled for July 10-12… it's not a big jump to see them add another show for the next weekend at the now vacant date for faster horse festival.....

7. Unlike the other states Michigan is not open yet to music so they couldn't announce something in Michigan yet.

8. Even smaller jump that if they do they headliner again would be Paisley with a special appearance by Jimmy Buffett?
Where might one purchase a ticket for these shows?
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Live nation for the for sure announced Brad Paisley shows.

I'm just wildly speculating about Jimmy trying to put together why he added faster horses as an event last month after it had been cancelled.

For the poster who said they didn't think it would be much fun in your car.....the Brad Paisley ones will let you tailgate outside of your car if you want....I'm sure you can join other cars too if your related or in the case of Michigan if you keep the numbers the same as legal gatherings which is 50 people if outside
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 22, 2020 5:39 pm
msu#1 wrote: June 22, 2020 10:16 am Huge rumor update!!!

4. Today Live Nation announced the Drive-in Live concert series! Live concerts at three venues in Nashville, Missouri, and Noblesville , Indiana. People will not have a seat they will have a "parking spot" to watch the show.
Where might one purchase a ticket for these shows?
Presale tickets go on sale today. I don't know any codes. The parking arrangement is reportedly 2 empty spots between cars, so that represents your social distancing. I don't believe they really want to promote "traditional tailgating" amongst mass of fans. Paisley quoted as saying he doesn't want 1 person to get Covid from these events, so stick with your trusted crew & do your due diligence & wear the proper PPE.
Yeah, right.......... :roll:
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Re: JIMMY AT FASTER HORSES 2021?

Post by msu#1 »

Well it sure sucks that people couldn't do two things......be nice to each other and wear a mask.

So things just keep getting worse....Michigan is holding its own but with the south exploding we will probably have a full blown second wave soon.

To bad because we lost the summer to covid....Jimmy is no spring chicken so a lost your is a big deal at this point...we probably don't have a ton left in the future
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Jimmy confirmed in the Eli young band interview that producers wanted him to do normal shows as well as drive in shows.

He said he looked into it and decided not to do shows until there is a vaccine and things can be normal.
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Don't really want to hijack the thread and turn it into a discussion on vexillology, but if the Supreme Court says that it's OK to burn the current American Flag as a protected act under the provisions of the First Amendment "freedom of speech" clause, then it would seem to me that flying any other flag, whether it was the flag of the Conch Republic, Jimmy's "Finland" flag (from the 'Welcome to Finland' tour), the POW/MIA flag, the flag of France or Germany or Mexico or any other country to express my pride in my ethnic heritage — or flying a 'Blue Lives Matter' flag, an ISIS flag, or even a Confederate flag — should also fall under that same protection for exactly the same reason.

Now as far as NASCAR or any other PRIVATE business, organization (such as 'Faster Horses'), or individual banning something — flags, T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc — from their own property, that's something else again ...
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."