The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Possible Summer Update

Post by SMLCHNG »

requiem960 wrote: April 22, 2021 12:03 am I think most people are saying they're against showing papers to prove it. My medical records are of no concern to anyone else. And that's my biggest issue.
Yep.

But there's news out... :)

https://www.margaritaville.com/tour-dates
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Not trying to sound like a jerk but "What's the news"???

Other than Delray weren't all these shows already listed???
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Not that I was aware of.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

All of those July and after rescheduled shows have been up on margaritaville.com for awhile. Only thing new on that page is the Delray stuff.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Thanks. Haven't looked at M'Ville in a long time. And someone pointed it out to me today. Hadn't seen it before.
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

I'm not against showing proof of vaccine. My cell phone already tells the corporate world more then anything.
coralreefer
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion, False Echoes, Desdamona's Building a Rocket Sh
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: painkillers while sailing the BVIs

Post by coralreefer »

SMLCHNG wrote: April 22, 2021 4:18 pm
requiem960 wrote: April 22, 2021 12:03 am I think most people are saying they're against showing papers to prove it. My medical records are of no concern to anyone else. And that's my biggest issue.
Yep.

https://www.margaritaville.com/tour-dates
So are they saying that these shows are a go, or is it just the schedule that has been planned since last year that they hope comes to fruition? DMB just announced about a 30 date schedule for the summer/fall that they are committed to play so hopefully these are dates that Jimmy has committed too.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

coralreefer wrote: April 23, 2021 10:32 pm
So are they saying that these shows are a go, or is it just the schedule that has been planned since last year that they hope comes to fruition? DMB just announced about a 30 date schedule for the summer/fall that they are committed to play so hopefully these are dates that Jimmy has committed too.
Sorry, don't have a clue.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

requiem960 wrote: April 22, 2021 12:03 am
msu#1 wrote: February 24, 2021 9:30 am
Dear lord............I would've thought by now people would be more educated on vaccines.

My heart hurts for the medical industry and the people who have to try to fight off misinformation.

Even before the covid pandemic...the reason the majority of people were suppose to get the flu shot was NOT FOR YOURSELF! Healthy people that are young never had to worry a ton about the flu......you got the shot to prevent yourself from SPREADING IT OTHER VULNERABLE PEOPLE.

come on were better than this as most parrotheads are smart people
Just saying, the COVID vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching the virus, nor does it protect you from spreading it. Hence why the masks are still shoved down everyone's throat. All the vaccine does is give you a chance at preventing or managing symptoms, "The mRNA-based Pfizer1, 2 and Moderna3 vaccines were shown to have 94–95% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19." At the core of it, the vaccine does nothing but help the recipient of it. And it makes no sense as to why anyone would care if someone chooses not to take it.

Regardless, I think what most people are saying isn't about being anti-vax. I think most people are saying they're against showing papers to prove it. My medical records are of no concern to anyone else. And that's my biggest issue.

Your records are other people business when it comes to stamping out a virus for good.....where did I say the covid vax prevents transmission? I was talking about the flu....and yes getting the covid vax is about yourself and others ...

Why because we were able to develop 3 working vaccines in the infancy if this virus....if there was 100% or even 90% rates of vaccines worldwide we literally would stop this virus dead possibly forever before it mutates a 1000 times like the flu and it's here forever and we have to chase which strain is going to be the worse each and try to guess at which vaccine to make..

People who choose not to get vaccinated are selfish...plain and simple

But but but ....natural immunity...herd immunity! As someone who works with animals and fish and dealt with cwd and vhs for the past decade....try to get to natural herd immunity without vaccines.....it's called 70% of the population is dead....leaving 30% or fewer that are immune or at least are recovered....

Then a few generations later.....those offspring have no immunity and the cycle starts again
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

MSU#1 - no, they're absolutely not. Since when did communicable diseases, like the flu, require one to show proof of medical records to enter a venue or jump on a plane?

This is either an all or none situation. You can't pick COVID and leave out vaccinations against everything else. That would be a huge invasion of privacy. Not to mention setting the precedence for something worse.

And heard immunity leaving 70% of the population dead? On a virus where most age ranges have over a 99% survival rate? You are either joking, or very ignorant of the present situation.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

You need proof of vaccines for school. Either way showing proof is silly for everyday business. You can catch hep from an idiot chef.
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

moog wrote: April 23, 2021 2:08 pm I'm not against showing proof of vaccine. My cell phone already tells the corporate world more then anything.
this is where any argument stops about this... 8)