I Can't Believe No West Coast Dates Yet!!

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

beachmusic
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Re: I Can't Believe No West Coast Dates Yet!!

Post by beachmusic »

Still nothing new, but at least he was in the area. Jimmy was in Palo Alto yesterday meeting with Facebook. He and his entourage had dinner at St Mikes in downtown Palo Alto. Great restaurant if you ever get the chance.
Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

beachmusic wrote:Still nothing new, but at least he was in the area. Jimmy was in Palo Alto yesterday meeting with Facebook. He and his entourage had dinner at St Mikes in downtown Palo Alto. Great restaurant if you ever get the chance.
This probably pretty well sums up his West Coast Dates... Vegas and Facebook... [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]
Looking For That One Particular Harbor
Sonicendeavor
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dirty Banana

Post by Sonicendeavor »

I can't imagine him not playing Tuesday and Thursday in Cali between the Vegas dates. That's a pile of cash to leave on the table. As much as I've enjoyed Irvine over the years, the Irvine PD did a 180 over their previous policies and their crackdown last year - cops walking the aisles 3 wide making people dump their alcohol on the spot - was absurd. Hoping for Cricket in San Diego unless their policies have changed as well.
Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

Sonicendeavor wrote:I can't imagine him not playing Tuesday and Thursday in Cali between the Vegas dates. That's a pile of cash to leave on the table. As much as I've enjoyed Irvine over the years, the Irvine PD did a 180 over their previous policies and their crackdown last year - cops walking the aisles 3 wide making people dump their alcohol on the spot - was absurd. Hoping for Cricket in San Diego unless their policies have changed as well.
It's become a "Police State" so to speak. I think the policies have changed all over,... too many people overdo it and ruin it for everyone else who just want to have fun and be left alone by the police.. Tailgating for all events will soon become something of the past that we remember as being part of our fun event... Football or concerts.... It's too bad, but becoming very true... :(
Looking For That One Particular Harbor
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

beachmusic wrote:Still nothing new, but at least he was in the area. Jimmy was in Palo Alto yesterday meeting with Facebook. He and his entourage had dinner at St Mikes in downtown Palo Alto. Great restaurant if you ever get the chance.
And he didn't stop by my gig on Saturday? How rude. :)
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com
wilyhusker
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by wilyhusker »

beachmusic wrote:...I thought the rest of the West coast dates were being delayed to push more ticket sales into the Vegas shows which appear to be slow....
I suspect this as well.
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

Jmacboi wrote:
Sonicendeavor wrote:I can't imagine him not playing Tuesday and Thursday in Cali between the Vegas dates. That's a pile of cash to leave on the table. As much as I've enjoyed Irvine over the years, the Irvine PD did a 180 over their previous policies and their crackdown last year - cops walking the aisles 3 wide making people dump their alcohol on the spot - was absurd. Hoping for Cricket in San Diego unless their policies have changed as well.
It's become a "Police State" so to speak. I think the policies have changed all over,... too many people overdo it and ruin it for everyone else who just want to have fun and be left alone by the police.. Tailgating for all events will soon become something of the past that we remember as being part of our fun event... Football or concerts.... It's too bad, but becoming very true... :(
It became a huge reason for college kids to party. They never had tickets or any intention to go in. They just partied well into the 1st set causing many complaints/problems. Still we on the west coast are understand why this tour is called WTF
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
redwinemaker
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by redwinemaker »

regalis wrote:its just thats Jimmy never sells out here and the parking lot party is hampered by shorelines sometimes enforcement... I would note that an Oakland Colloseam or ATT field concert would solve all of these problems but thats just a pipe dream
Actually Jimmy always sells out "the seats" - it's the oversized lawn that doesn't sell out and if you have ever sat on the lawn at Shoreline during a Jimmy concert you would swear it was not just sold out but oversold.
Image Image
beachmusic

Post by beachmusic »

Agree with you Red Winemaker. Official capacity is 22,000, but with the size of the lawn, his concerts have been known to draw upwards of 25,000. Even last year's concert in not the best of weather drew between 20 and 22,000. He likes the Bay Area and this is a good size payday for him. Makes the lack of a concert date all the more perplexing.
regalis
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by regalis »

yeah idk I just miss the dates! I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they are making decisions about what to do. Its hard to know what the actual issues are. God forbid they make some sort of announcement explaining whats going on.
And It's dance with me, dance with me
Nautical Wheelers.
Take me to stars that you know.
Come on and dance with me,
Nautical Wheelers
I want so badly to go.
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

Irvine was always the rowdiest, and now getting overrun with obnoxious college wannabes who wrecked the good vibe. :evil:

Chula Vista always had the law stating that alcohol would not be legal,
but they've have always been more than cool, as long as you didn't "display" your alcohol or it's consumption too brazenly
...keeping your beer/boat drinks in your own imaginative container (w/drinky skirt!) or disposable cups.

It's frustrating that Jimmy is abandoning us... :-?
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
El Pablo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Drunkin 15 Year Old Girlfriend
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: La Cerveza del Pacifico

Post by El Pablo »

In the 90s and early 00s, I remember the fall shows going onsale in mid August. Hopefully, we are reverting to something like that (Vegas being it's own animal). Looking at his tour schedule, its seems he goes out for about 4 shows per leg. Cricket (CV), Irvine and Shoreline all are open for the Tuesdays and Thursdays preceeding the Vegas dates. I haven't given up hope yet.
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

2 weeks before the 4th of July and nothing :evil:
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
socalbuckeye
Favorite Buffett Song: Here We Are!!!
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Used to be Jager...sober for 8 years now!

Post by socalbuckeye »

Still hoping for stops in San Diego/ Irvine and Frisco area in October around Vegas. I may have to make a trip to Ohio (Riverbend or Blossom) to get my fix....Come on Jimmy!!!
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

Of course he *might* do like he's done in the past, and do a Fillmore date. Last time, I think we got maybe a few week's notice on that.
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com
Harbour Shark
Favorite Buffett Song: Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos

Post by Harbour Shark »

TropicalTroubador wrote:Of course he *might* do like he's done in the past, and do a Fillmore date. Last time, I think we got maybe a few week's notice on that.

That is certainly what I have been hoping for - not holding my breath, though....
“I have even in recent years... adapted to the colder waters of Long Island in the fall… Either that, or the older I get, the more I am getting in touch with my Newfoundland genetic heritage.” – Jimmy Buffett, Outer Banks Diary, Part 2
"There's a lot of Goofy Newfie in me" - JB 13/10/2017
Brewark
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: I Love the Now
Favorite Boat Drink: Grog: Dutch Harbour Breeze

Post by Brewark »

Bad news all. Between the Vegas dates it's Avalon & too small a venue to announce publicly.
Na Zdraví
nerdboy
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on time of day, time of week...
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Not one to turn down anything

Post by nerdboy »

Brewark wrote:Bad news all. Between the Vegas dates it's Avalon & too small a venue to announce publicly.
WTF!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Q: What's a pirate favorite amino acid? A: Arrrrrrrrginine
Brewark
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: I Love the Now
Favorite Boat Drink: Grog: Dutch Harbour Breeze

Post by Brewark »

Alright, yeah I just made it up to see if you were paying attention.

It sure is frustrating not getting any real news.
Na Zdraví
redwinemaker
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by redwinemaker »

TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:2 weeks before the 4th of July and nothing :evil:
wGs!
Image Image