Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Planosmith1
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Death Of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Re: Frisco Texas 2014

Post by Planosmith1 »

srkmrd wrote:Lurking [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif] ........just looking and this time last year, we had a lot more info if I remember correctly.
Your right! By this time last year we had good solid (can any rumor really be solid? - LOL) rumors...radio station slip-up, Frisco mayor slip-up, etc.
I still have another source that has connections, but they haven't heard anything either! :(
The official announcement here in the Dallas area always seem to come after the Super Bowl.

T-bird
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats Drinks
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita on the rocks & rum & Diet Coke!

Post by T-bird »

Just ready to buy my tickets already. :D

I already have my checklist started for the tailgating!!!!

BigR-KyParrothead
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep w/ZBB
Number of Concerts: 49
Favorite Boat Drink: Fat Tire

Post by BigR-KyParrothead »

I have heard good things about Frisco

wallofman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced rum, brown suger, and lime

Post by wallofman »

Well it was announced today on Margaritaville that he has two shows booked in Florida. 4/19 in Tampa and 4/26 in West Plam Beach. So that officially rules out 4/26. Leaving only 4/5, 5/10, and 5/24. Considering the cold last year I don't think he will do it 4/5 (I hope, that is my daughter Bday and we already have it planned). So we pretty much have the two May dates.
Time flies when you're having rum!

Dallas/Frisco: every concert between 1988-Present
Woodlands 2015
Charlotte: 2002
My dad raised me from a Parakeet to a Parrothead.

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

wallofman wrote:Well it was announced today on Margaritaville that he has two shows booked in Florida. 4/19 in Tampa and 4/26 in West Plam Beach. So that officially rules out 4/26. Leaving only 4/5, 5/10, and 5/24. Considering the cold last year I don't think he will do it 4/5 (I hope, that is my daughter Bday and we already have it planned). So we pretty much have the two May dates.
It would be interesting to see the rates at the local hotels on 5/10 and 5/24...that might tell us something.

agdgrl
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pascagoula Run
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by agdgrl »

Crossing my fingers for May 10. We'll be out of town May 24 and I would hate to miss my annual Buffett concert!

bones
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Somewhere over China
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka Martini

Post by bones »

Checked May 10 17 & 24. On May 24th both Comfort Inn/Suites in Frisco and Embassy Suites down the road is unavailable for Saturday night. Guess who might be coming to town, but then again it's a holiday weekend. :-?
9-21-96 Austin , 12-7-99 Houston
2-15-01 Houston, 4-23-02 Woodlands
4-15-03 Woodlands, 4-28-06 Dallas
4-21-07 Bayou Feeding Frenzy@ Minute Maid
10-27-07 The Desert Feeding Frenzy in Vegas
4-21-08 Still Here Tour Opening Act Woodlands
4-26-08 Frisco, 4-18-09 Frisco

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

bones wrote:Checked May 10 17 & 24. On May 24th both Comfort Inn/Suites in Frisco and Embassy Suites down the road is unavailable for Saturday night. Guess who might be coming to town, but then again it's a holiday weekend. :-?
Bones, very interesting. I went on line at Comfort Inn Suites and noticed the same thing...that they were booked for Saturday night. What was interesting, that on the holiday weekend (the 24th) Sunday night was available. It would seem to me that if it was booked due to a holiday weekend (and not Jimmy Buffett) that they would be full Sunday, also. I would guess they are hedging their bets for those two Saturday nights. I'm still betting on May 10th! 8)

Texasaloha
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by Texasaloha »

:lol: I would be happier than anybody if Jimmy did a show in Frisco in 2014, and Saturdays are best, but it seems like no one here is even considering it could also be on a Tuesday or Thursday....why is that?

srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by srkmrd »

Texasaloha wrote::lol: I would be happier than anybody if Jimmy did a show in Frisco in 2014, and Saturdays are best, but it seems like no one here is even considering it could also be on a Tuesday or Thursday....why is that?
Anything is possible but I think people are going by history....the last 7 years April or May and all but *one was on Saturday and in Frisco. May not be in Frisco, may not be on a Saturday, May not be April or May :wench: Whatever and whenever, it will be a good time.
*Starplex under the new name....whatever that is

wallofman
Southeast of disorder

Post by wallofman »

Texasaloha wrote::lol: I would be happier than anybody if Jimmy did a show in Frisco in 2014, and Saturdays are best, but it seems like no one here is even considering it could also be on a Tuesday or Thursday....why is that?
He was just in Dallas on a Thursday, two shows ago. I don't think he will ever do that again. For one, the venue in Dallas is not very good, and in a bad area. Two, it was not recieved well and many people stayed away. Frisco said last year that the Buffett concert was the biggest money maker for the city. I don't see it going anywhere else. With that, plus he was just here on a Thursday, is the reason we all assume it will be a Sat. in Frisco. Of course we could all be wrong.

Woodlands 2015

PVBigDaddy
Favorite Buffett Song: The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by PVBigDaddy »

Planosmith1 wrote:
bones wrote:Checked May 10 17 & 24. On May 24th both Comfort Inn/Suites in Frisco and Embassy Suites down the road is unavailable for Saturday night. Guess who might be coming to town, but then again it's a holiday weekend. :-?
Bones, very interesting. I went on line at Comfort Inn Suites and noticed the same thing...that they were booked for Saturday night. What was interesting, that on the holiday weekend (the 24th) Sunday night was available. It would seem to me that if it was booked due to a holiday weekend (and not Jimmy Buffett) that they would be full Sunday, also. I would guess they are hedging their bets for those two Saturday nights. I'm still betting on May 10th! 8)
The Comfort Inn has not had a room available for any Friday or Saturday night in May since last October.

jedivet
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

Guess it's time for me to pop my lurking little head out of the sand for a bit, being as it's almost February... Soon...
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...

PVBigDaddy
Favorite Buffett Song: The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by PVBigDaddy »

I can almost guarantee that the show will be on 05-24-14.....................I have plans to be out of town that weekend! Oh well, maybe I can drown my sorrow in Las Vegas instead of seeing the Frisco show. Or, better yet, take a road trip to another venue later in the tour.

I am rooting for 05-10-14.

Kelly

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Texasaloha wrote: :lol: I would be happier than anybody if Jimmy did a show in Frisco in 2014, and Saturdays are best, but it seems like no one here is even considering it could also be on a Tuesday or Thursday....why is that?
Probably because he's played in Frisco 6 times and all 6 shows have been on Saturdays.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

ChzburgerByParadise
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Jolly Mon Punch

Post by ChzburgerByParadise »

I am ready for a date TODAY! My money is on May 10, but I don't care what day it is as long as I can just have one already!

JohnMc
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by JohnMc »

Here we are..... again!
Fins Up!!

Planosmith1

Post by Planosmith1 »

By this time last year we already had confirmation from local hotels, some were even offering a "Buffett Package". However, the official announcements in the past years have been after the superbowl...we'll see. I don't even want to entertain the possibilty that he might skip the Dallas area... :o

CoconutKidd
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville

Post by CoconutKidd »

Any more rumors on the Frisco show for '14? :roll: I'm ready to thaw out. It's way too cold in North Texas. :cry: :cry:

wallofman
Southeast of disorder

Post by wallofman »

I am starting to worry. We had all sort of information last year before Feb. 1. I even went back and looked at the 2013 thread. Please tell me he is not skipping Dallas/Frisco this year? I might have to be talked down from the ledge.

Woodlands 2015