Mansfield MA

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Mansfield MA

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:Boston has one of the highest hotel rates in the country year round but it is even more in the summer.
The Colonnade is the obvious choice, awesome rooftop pool scene. Rooms are brutal through, $350-ish/night.
my sister somehow gets the Lenox Hotel off of price line pretty reasonable.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I have Red Sox season tickets, I just got the pre-sale email.

Live Nation and The Boston Red Sox are excited to announce the return of Billy Joel to Fenway Park on Thursday, July 16, 2015. After an incredible show a year ago, we know this is a night that should not be missed. Having sold 150 million records over the past quarter century, Billy Joel ranks as one of most popular recording artists and respected entertainers in history. The singer / songwriter / composer is the sixth best-selling recording artist of all time, the third best-selling solo artist and is one of the highest grossing touring artists in the world. 

As a convenience to you, courtesy of the Artist and Live Nation, we have secured the right to provide a pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets before they are available to the general public.

Your presale begins at 12:00 pm (noon) on Wednesday, February 4th.
Purchasing Information:
Log on to www.redsox.com/billyjoel.

Enter your season ticket account number as your password.
Your password will be valid one time and will expire upon the completion of a transaction.

Ticket Limits: 6 tickets
Tickets will range in price from $49.50 to $139.50 (plus applicable service fees)
The sale will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
Your presale ends at 10:00 pm on Thursday, February 5th.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

BottleofRum wrote:I have Red Sox season tickets, I just got the pre-sale email.

Live Nation and The Boston Red Sox are excited to announce the return of Billy Joel to Fenway Park on Thursday, July 16, 2015. After an incredible show a year ago, we know this is a night that should not be missed. Having sold 150 million records over the past quarter century, Billy Joel ranks as one of most popular recording artists and respected entertainers in history. The singer / songwriter / composer is the sixth best-selling recording artist of all time, the third best-selling solo artist and is one of the highest grossing touring artists in the world. 

As a convenience to you, courtesy of the Artist and Live Nation, we have secured the right to provide a pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets before they are available to the general public.

Purchasing Information:
Log on to http://www.redsox.com/billyjoel.

Your password will be valid one time and will expire upon the completion of a transaction.

Tickets will range in price from $49.50 to $139.50 (plus applicable service fees)
The sale will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
Thanks Pat - hmmm, less than Jimmy and it's BILLY JOEL. If only hotels weren't such a fortune. I suppose I could stay somwhere out on the T line.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:

Purchasing Information:

Thanks Pat - hmmm, less than Jimmy and it's BILLY JOEL. If only hotels weren't such a fortune. I suppose I could stay somwhere out on the T line.
check the longwood section of Boston , sometimes reasonable

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

ScarletB wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:Just announced Billy Joel playing at Fenway Thursday, July 16. The Red Sox don't play at Fenway between July 13-23. With the ballpark configured for a concert Buffett could easily play at Fenway after Billy Joel on Saturday, July 18.
Billy Joel is on my list, I wonder if I should keep waiting for a better venue or just go with this?
We saw him at Nationals Park. We've him a bunch of times and I think a ballpark is not the best venue. The music (piano) just doesn't sound as good. That being said.....if that's the only option, then Fenway it would be.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

Carolinadreamin'

TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

Purchasing Information:

Try the Indigo Hotel Riverside. It's at the end of the line. We always stayed there when we were moving Kenzie in and out of the dorm at BC.
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
ScarletB wrote:

Purchasing Information:

Try the Indigo Hotel Riverside. It's at the end of the line. We always stayed there when we were moving Kenzie in and out of the dorm at BC.
GPHMTA - I thought about that - super easy to get to from here as well. I worked not far from there in Wellesley during my brief stint down there.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

Just saw a post on the New England Parrothead Club FB page - August 15th????
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

Carolinadreamin'

Just added that weekend to the ever growing list of hotel reservations....... :wench:
'17-CHS

Amo
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 138
Favorite Boat Drink: Holy Water

Post by Amo »

August 15th, with Huey Lewis and the News
The "Certain Ethnic ParrotHead"

Darkavenger508
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Hhere
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Darkavenger508 »

Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale. There are currently two days, 27th and 2nd, listed

Greyhound
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Surfin in a Hurricane
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and Coke

Post by Greyhound »

Lawn Tickets purchased. Hotel rooms reserved. August 15th is a go-on-greyhound!
"See I was, drinkin' double
Causin' lots of trouble "

Go-on-Greyhound

Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

Thank you Citi Cards for offering pre-sale tickets. Much less stressful buying tickets today!

Phins Up!

Darkavenger508
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Hhere
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Darkavenger508 »

hmm tried to get lawn seats but wasn't able to

CTParrothead763
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by CTParrothead763 »

Ticket Master lists this show as starting at 7:00 (rather than the usual 8:00).

Does anyone know if Huey Lewis is playing with Jimmy or as a warm up act at 7:00?

Johnny's Lounge
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: ~~^~~ Fins ~~^~~
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Don't know anymore.

Post by Johnny's Lounge »

That was a wonderful live nation ticket sale. How could some dirt bags be reselling their tickets for meggabucks, jamming the site while there were tickets still available. 25 - 30 minutes to get the open air seats while other people were already reselling theirs? The presale people maybe? The resale option should be completely separate from the actual first time sale. WTF. :evil:
"Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought
so much pleasure
makes me want to go back again."

micorbs
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes with the tides. Right now, I am digging Holiday.
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita or Mojito

Post by micorbs »

That was a tough ticket to get yesterday. Smells of a conspiracy amongst the ticket companies, brokers and probably some behind the scenes groups that we don't even know of.