Scubadive17 wrote:
February 15, 2018 11:46 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
February 15, 2018 7:30 am
urlcenter wrote:
February 14, 2018 4:15 pm
LIPH wrote:
February 14, 2018 3:31 pm
Hasn't he been having trouble selling out a Saturday show at Great Woods the last couple of years? No way a Thursday show at Fenway sells out.

He had no problem selling out Greatwoods on Saturday night last year, the problem was the venue would not agree to opening the parking lots at 11am as Jimmy wanted instead they did not open until 1pm and traffic was not pretty waiting to get in
Actually GW didn't sell out , until they dropped the prices on the open air seats , even then it wasn't completely filled. As for the opening the parking lot time , that was Buffetts doing , according to his contract , he asked for it. As for why Fenway , well probably because it's Fenway. The history of the park , and Buffett being a baseball fan.
Where did you read that Buffett requested the 1:00 parking lot opening. We have seen him at Great Woods since the mid 90's, I never remember the lot opening so late. I was told by A Great Woods employee that he always requests the early lot opening in his contract.
Jimmy in fact wanted the lots to open at 11 am as they had been for the last few years, however the Mansfield PD objected to the early opening time and as a result the venue set the time at 1pm

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote:
February 16, 2018 9:49 am
^^
Jimmy Buffett's secretary perhaps?
LOL!! i wouldn't remember what she looked like. I wish i knew before she gave me the ticket , i would of gotten her name and info...LOL!!

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

urlcenter wrote:
February 16, 2018 10:08 am
Scubadive17 wrote:
February 15, 2018 11:46 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
February 15, 2018 7:30 am
urlcenter wrote:
February 14, 2018 4:15 pm
LIPH wrote:
February 14, 2018 3:31 pm
Hasn't he been having trouble selling out a Saturday show at Great Woods the last couple of years? No way a Thursday show at Fenway sells out.

He had no problem selling out Greatwoods on Saturday night last year, the problem was the venue would not agree to opening the parking lots at 11am as Jimmy wanted instead they did not open until 1pm and traffic was not pretty waiting to get in
Actually GW didn't sell out , until they dropped the prices on the open air seats , even then it wasn't completely filled. As for the opening the parking lot time , that was Buffetts doing , according to his contract , he asked for it. As for why Fenway , well probably because it's Fenway. The history of the park , and Buffett being a baseball fan.
Where did you read that Buffett requested the 1:00 parking lot opening. We have seen him at Great Woods since the mid 90's, I never remember the lot opening so late. I was told by A Great Woods employee that he always requests the early lot opening in his contract.
Jimmy in fact wanted the lots to open at 11 am as they had been for the last few years, however the Mansfield PD objected to the early opening time and as a result the venue set the time at 1pm
I'm just going by what someone told me , through GW / Live Nation. That it was in the contract. I'm sure there was a negotiation , and it was added to it. I know the issue was underage drinking , and people ( non PH) who were there to get drunk , and didn't care about the concert.

irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

my livenation rep also told me the same about the lots at Great Woods. Normally for all shows the lot opens much later. Buffett does request the early opening in his contract. Its a matter of police details and whatnot.
Either way its an unfortunate problem we don't have this year :(
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

Very disappointing on many levels. I went to Roger Waters at Fenway because I knew seeing The Wall live was going to be awesome. Paying those ticket prices to hear the yellow album and no tailgating is not my idea of an awesome experience. Oh well, I still have Margaritaville game with The Island Castaways Band in a couple of months. A Meadowbrook would be awesome! Close to home, no rush hour traffic and no overpriced hotel room required.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

old33
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by old33 »

You can get tickets now with an AMEX card:

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/conc ... my-buffett

RAGTOPMAN
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by RAGTOPMAN »

yup just saw this wondering if its a glitch
“Genuine adventure isn't available mail order. It isn't delivered to your door like pizza. You have to apply imagination and actively seek the extraordinary if you want great barroom stories…”
~ Kansas Stamps

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

old33 wrote:
February 19, 2018 9:01 pm
You can get tickets now with an AMEX card:

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/conc ... my-buffett
$35 in "ticket processing fees". :roll:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Holding out hope for another New England show.

Meadowbrook is open for both 8/11 and 8/18. Alan Jackson is playing there on Friday 8/17.

How about it, Jimmy? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote:
February 20, 2018 8:23 am

Meadowbrook is open for both 8/11 and 8/18. Alan Jackson is playing there on Friday 8/17.

Where's Meadowbrook?
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote:
February 20, 2018 9:40 am
lime rickie wrote:
February 20, 2018 8:23 am

Where's Meadowbrook?
NH

https://www.banknhpavilion.com/

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Just received the ticket prices for the Fenway show, two tiers $120 and $178 ... This is the final cost per ticket after all the fees added in. (fees are $24 per ticket)
All the green sections are $178 and all the blue are $120... the Yellow are obstructed view and not available for presale. The gray sections will not be sold and the brown sections are private luxury boxes. It is a bit surprising they are not selling the seats on the green monster for this show.
Just like Great Woods, the cost to sit in the front row is the same as it is to sit 350 feet away. Also posted in BOLD as part of the presale:

All sales are final. No Refunds - No Exchanges. The show will be rain or shine. No tailgating.

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote:
February 20, 2018 12:10 pm
Just received the ticket prices for the Fenway show, two tiers $120 and $178 ... This is the final cost per ticket after all the fees added in. (fees are $24 per ticket)
All the green sections are $178 and all the blue are $120... the Yellow are obstructed view and not available for presale. The gray sections will not be sold and the brown sections are private luxury boxes. It is a bit surprising they are not selling the seats on the green monster for this show.
Just like Great Woods, the cost to sit in the front row is the same as it is to sit 350 feet away. Also posted in BOLD as part of the presale:

All sales are final. No Refunds - No Exchanges. The show will be rain or shine. No tailgating.

$360 for a pair of seats on a Thursday night. Call it an even $400 with transportation and/or parking. Call it an even $600 if you need to get a hotel room for just ONE night. Add on atleast $100 (estimating low) if you want to get a few drinks and eat something at any of the places near Fenway. ALL this for a 90 minute show without a full day of fun tailgating at one of the best places to meet people and party on his tour. This is so unbelievably stupid.

Jimmy playing Fenway was (somewhat) cool once. I was in the front row for the 2004 Friday night Fenway show. I had a great time. Especially with the excitement of the 2004 Red Sox and Jimmy "breaking" the Curse of the Bambino. I just don't see any rationale to this. If I lived in the Back Bay or somewhere in the hub I'd walk over but the idea of driving into Boston (or just getting into Boston) in general on a weekday from the South Shore to sit in bar just doesn't add up. For the same money I could almost have a great weekend in Key West.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote:

Roof tops are 178.00 , That's a lot of money.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
February 20, 2018 12:48 pm
BottleofRum wrote:

$360 for a pair of seats on a Thursday night. Call it an even $400 with transportation and/or parking. Call it an even $600 if you need to get a hotel room for just ONE night. Add on atleast $100 (estimating low) if you want to get a few drinks and eat something at any of the places near Fenway. ALL this for a 90 minute show without a full day of fun tailgating at one of the best places to meet people and party on his tour. This is so unbelievably stupid.

Jimmy playing Fenway was (somewhat) cool once. I was in the front row for the 2004 Friday night Fenway show. I had a great time. Especially with the excitement of the 2004 Red Sox and Jimmy "breaking" the Curse of the Bambino. I just don't see any rationale to this. If I lived in the Back Bay or somewhere in the hub I'd walk over but the idea of driving into Boston (or just getting into Boston) in general on a weekday from the South Shore to sit in bar just doesn't add up. For the same money I could almost have a great weekend in Key West.
If i do this , it would be go up after work , get there about 4 or 5 ( taking train) , a couple of cocktails and some food , then straight home after..2 hour ride. I'll watch stub hub or scalp. Tickets may drop below face value.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
February 20, 2018 1:17 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:

If i do this , it would be go up after work , get there about 4 or 5 ( taking train) , a couple of cocktails and some food , then straight home after..2 hour ride. I'll watch stub hub or scalp. Tickets may drop below face value.
If someone calls me and says I got an extra ticket and its not some sh*t grandstand seat AND they have a room somewhere within walking distance AND I don't have to fight traffic or use public transportation AND Jimmy's set list has at least 10 songs he typically never plays that I actually want to hear AND I don't have to listen to one Huey Lewis song AND Jimmy apologizes for not playing Great Woods, admits he is an idiot, and will play Great Woods 3 times next summer and I get to personally pick the set list AND the parking lots are always open AND the cops pass out free beers all day then I'd consider it. Maybe.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
February 20, 2018 2:02 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
February 20, 2018 1:17 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:

If someone calls me and says I got an extra ticket and its not some sh*t grandstand seat AND they have a room somewhere within walking distance AND I don't have to fight traffic or use public transportation AND Jimmy's set list has at least 10 songs he typically never plays that I actually want to hear AND I don't have to listen to one Huey Lewis song AND Jimmy apologizes for not playing Great Woods, admits he is an idiot, and will play Great Woods 3 times next summer and I get to personally pick the set list AND the parking lots are always open AND the cops pass out free beers all day then I'd consider it. Maybe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

drunkpirate66 wrote:

You're crazy... the cops won't pass out free beers, that's illegal.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote:
February 20, 2018 2:34 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote:

BottleofRum wrote:
February 20, 2018 2:34 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote:

Fine. Free shots. Weed. Whatever.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement about this - it will be interesting to see if he even sells all the seats.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28