Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: 2018 Baltimore

Post by lime rickie »

That's different...any word on the venue?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

gr8phul fred
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: more than one

Post by gr8phul fred »

Friday, March 30 at 8 PM
Royal Farms Arena
201 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Very interesting. There very well could be snow in Baltimore March 30 :-?

Any idea when tickets go on sale?
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 2, 2018 8:51 am Very interesting. There very well could be snow in Baltimore March 30 :-?

Any idea when tickets go on sale?
Disregard - tickets on sale Jan 12 10am per Royal Farms website
AMEX presale Jan 3 10am

WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

I miss the Spring shows down south.

Would guess this means he's skipping JLL again.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Any ideas on tailgating? :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
MDShark70
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Still sounds like a wrap-around from last year's tour. There is zero parking that close to the arena. You've got the football and baseball lots but they're not all that close.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote: January 2, 2018 1:03 pm Any ideas on tailgating? :pirate:
Not sure John but I don't think we'll be going. March, Good Friday, Baltimore, Indoor venue.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
PHISHEAD
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: BEER

Post by PHISHEAD »

There isn't going to be any tailgating unless you want to do it in a parking garage. Im happy its in Baltimore I can take an uber to the show. I dont have to take a vacation day because its good friday so yeaaaa! The weather is hit or miss that time of year. I know Ill be outside the day before for Orioles Opening day Baseball. Its a shame he still wont play merriweather.
Legalize It!!!!!
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

We have been to Baltimore several times for Red Sox/Orioles games and have stayed at hotels near this venue many times. This venue is near the Inner Harbor area but there are no parking lots for tailgating. There are several parking garages though. The nearest big parking lots are near M & T Bank football stadium which is prob a 30 minute walk and I doubt they'd open those lots for this show. And Baltimore is not a city you want to be roaming the streets, esp at night at the time the show would end.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: January 3, 2018 11:00 pm

We have been to Baltimore several times for Red Sox/Orioles games and have stayed at hotels near this venue many times. This venue is near the Inner Harbor area but there are no parking lots for tailgating. There are several parking garages though. The nearest big parking lots are near M & T Bank football stadium which is prob a 30 minute walk. But Baltimore is not a city you want to be roaming the streets, esp at night at the time the show would end.
I think with the probable lack of good tailgating location & likely cold weather, I'm out

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 3, 2018 11:03 pm

We have been to Baltimore several times for Red Sox/Orioles games and have stayed at hotels near this venue many times. This venue is near the Inner Harbor area but there are no parking lots for tailgating. There are several parking garages though. The nearest big parking lots are near M & T Bank football stadium which is prob a 30 minute walk. But Baltimore is not a city you want to be roaming the streets, esp at night at the time the show would end.
I think with the probable lack of good tailgating location & likely cold weather, I'm out
While these are all really good points on why this show is stupid and no one should go :D (Jimmy . . . Tampa - remember Tampa? Tampa is March would be great) . . . if you happen to be in Baltimore supporting the local business and just trying to have a good time during a Red Sox road trip down at Camdem Yards you don't want to be caught in riot because you might, just might, be caught in an area where the people in charge will allow the rioters to destroy if they choose to do so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5KQC7k8Lc I mean who wouldn't want to stay there on vacation? That wasn't scary or idiotic in any way at all.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 3, 2018 11:32 pm While these are all really good points on why this show is stupid and no one should go :D (Jimmy . . . Tampa - remember Tampa? Tampa is March would be great) . . . if you happen to be in Baltimore supporting the local business and just trying to have a good time during a Red Sox road trip down at Camdem Yards you don't want to be caught in riot because you might, just might, be caught in an area where the people in charge will allow the rioters to destroy if they choose to do so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5KQC7k8Lc I mean who wouldn't want to stay there on vacation? That wasn't scary or idiotic in any way at all.
:lol:
I like Tampa in March or April. That was on my 'short' list of likely for 2018 anyway but never saw Baltimore as a possible. Too early with the weather as a factor & lack of tailgating possibilities sealed the deal for me.

toodrunk
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by toodrunk »

There is no tailgating in that part of town. Lots of bars and restaurants, but that is not the Buffett experience we have come to love. Plus March? I wonder if he will be playing in Pittsburgh or Philly. I sure wish he can put out his entire tour schedule so his fans can choose what works best for him.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Hmmm. Could park and party in Timonium and take the electric train back and forth to the concert.
I don't know. Maryland cops might freak out. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
MDShark70
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

We have been to Baltimore several times for Red Sox/Orioles games and have stayed at hotels near this venue many times. This venue is near the Inner Harbor area but there are no parking lots for tailgating. There are several parking garages though. The nearest big parking lots are near M & T Bank football stadium which is prob a 30 minute walk and I doubt they'd open those lots for this show. And Baltimore is not a city you want to be roaming the streets, esp at night at the time the show would end.
I'm probably not going to this show because of the time of year and lack of any real tailgating possibilities but if you do go, the lots at the stadiums are not a 30 minute walk. It's about a half mile or so. Often you can park in those lots for other events. I'm sure more info about that will come out. Also, the area around the Inner Harbor and the stadiums is not incredibly dangerous like some other parts of the City. It's not exactly like Fenway is in the greatest part of Boston either. I'm not a fan of the stadium shows generally but I was kinda hoping he'd do Camden Yards one day. Several years ago that was a big rumor.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I don't want to get into a tit-for-tat crime stats debate but Fenway Park is actually in a pretty nice part of Boston. You can stroll many blocks away from Fenway in any direction and still be in a nice area, it borders Brookline, Back Bay, Kenmore Square, and BU which are all nice areas. Plus the immediate area around the Fenway is so vibrate with bars and restaurants, clubs, coffee shops so it is always busy. The immediate area around Camden Yards is nice, Pickles Pub, Frank and Nics.... but you walk one block in the wrong direction it could be night-night...

The inner harbor area is nice in the afternoon but last time we were in Baltimore many of the bars/restaurants were closed by 10pm and this was on a Friday night. Back in the mid-2000's when the ESPN Zone was there it was so much busier in that area at night. Baltimore used to be one of my favorite cities then we got caught in the Freddy Gray riots/looting disaster and I'll never go back.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
MDShark70

Post by MDShark70 »

Yeah, I agree it's not the greatest. I guess my point was that I hope no one doesn't go because they are concerned about safety. As long as you park in one of the garages nearby people will be fine. Other than Merriweather this is the closest he's ever performed to me but I won't be going just because I don't think I'll have the experience that I crave when I go to a JB concert and that's the interaction with other Parrotheads before the show. But if folks just want to listen to Jimmy and chill for a few hours they should do it and not worry about the location.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I highly doubt anyone would avoid this show due to safety concerns. Lack of tailgating might keep people away but it's on a Friday night so they will sell out the show I am sure.