Once in a lifetime

Submit your review or read what other's have said about Jimmy's albums and DVDs

Moderator: SMLCHNG

grotee1
Number of Concerts: 9

Once in a lifetime

Post by grotee1 »

Can some one please tell me if there is a cd with the cover of the Talking Heads song, Once In A Lifetime on it. I hear the version on XM but haven't had luck finding it to purchase on itunes.

Thanks for any help!
gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Re: Once in a lifetime

Post by gunthermoose »

07-28-2007: Alpine Valley Music Theatre – East Troy, WI
07-26-2007: Riverbend Music Center – Cincinnati, OH

http://buffett.jokelben.us/2007.07.26%2 ... nati%20OH/

http://buffett.jokelben.us/2007.07.28%2 ... fetime.mp3

grotee1
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by grotee1 »

Thank you!!!
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

I'm shocked somebody actually wants a copy of that....you sir are a die hard fan. ;)
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

How often would you like to hear Jimmy Buffett cover a Talking Heads song?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I was never a big fan of Talking Heads but I'd rather hear this than some of the other crappy songs he's covered over the years.
Last edited by LIPH on April 16, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

I first heard it a couple of years ago...was surprised, never in a million years would have thought of JB covering the Talking Heads.

Not my favorite but I don't hate it either. A really different and interesting choice for him...would love to know the story behind him choosing that.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

This one kinda hurts my ears ... same thing for Lawyers Guns & Money ... sorry JB ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

sistergoldenhair wrote:This one kinda hurts my ears ... same thing for Lawyers Guns & Money ... sorry JB ...
And scarlet begonias
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

jbfinscj wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:This one kinda hurts my ears ... same thing for Lawyers Guns & Money ... sorry JB ...
And scarlet begonias
I don't mind his studio version of "Scarlet Begonias" so bad or "Uncle John's Band" but neither one them make me forget about the originals either. Covering the Dead is sort of like covering Dylan, it takes a lot of balls to do it but very few succeed in making their songs their own. "Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix is a very rare exception. I'm pretty sure Buffett has covered "The Times They Are A-Changin'" but I'm also pretty sure I have no desire to hear it. That's said with all due respect, of course.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

In some cases, you gotta consider the setting... When he sings Glory Days in Camden, when he sings a Dead song at The Filmore, when he sings any Steve Goodman song in Chicago, it's kinda cool. When he sang "The Wind Cries Mary" in Seattle (White River) back in '03, it was beyond cool for those of us in attendance. He was recognizing, paying homage, to one of our own. There were probably a lot of amateur music critics listening on Radio Margaritaville who said "WTF? A Jimi Hendrix song?" When I'm participating in the Setlist Thread, I always make light of "Arouuuuuunnnnnd the Worrrrrrllllld" in Southern Cross, but it when I heard it live in Seattle last October, it was one of the highlights of the show. From my knothole, the value of your input is equal to the price you paid for your ticket.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:In some cases, you gotta consider the setting... When he sings Glory Days in Camden, when he sings a Dead song at The Filmore, when he sings any Steve Goodman song in Chicago, it's kinda cool. When he sang "The Wind Cries Mary" in Seattle (White River) back in '03, it was beyond cool for those of us in attendance. He was recognizing, paying homage, to one of our own. There were probably a lot of amateur music critics listening on Radio Margaritaville who said "WTF? A Jimi Hendrix song?" When I'm participating in the Setlist Thread, I always make light of "Arouuuuuunnnnnd the Worrrrrrllllld" in Southern Cross, but it when I heard it live in Seattle last October, it was one of the highlights of the show. From my knothole, the value of your input is equal to the price you paid for your ticket.
I'd add "Carolina In My Mind" to that list. The last time I saw Buffett perform he played it during the encore at Walnut Creek in Raleigh. In fact, it may have been the very last song of the night.