If you could keep one cover song.

Polls about Jimmy, his music, etc

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 22029
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by lime rickie »

Slower mood: Banana Republics, Everybody's Talkin
Dance mood: Stars on the Water
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

carolinapiratechik
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 719
Joined: February 27, 2010 3:46 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: I'm a beer girl
Location: Where the natives are restless in North Carolina

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by carolinapiratechik »

Going to throw James Taylor some love and say Mexico. Yea, Jimmy's a little pitchy on it but it's a fun song.
Image
My pal, Groovy
Save a life, adopt a pet
Adopted Aug. 11, 2010
http://carolinapoodlerescue.org/

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39119
Joined: December 18, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by ragtopW »

All Night Long

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76378
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Couldn't pick just one. No way.

Yellow Submarine wasn't my favorite but I think it was a nod to Peter's Beatles album, so I could live with it.

I no longer consider some of the older studio cuts like Banana Republics covers any more, although of course they are. I love Defying Gravity, Rhumba Man, Nothing But A Breeze, Everybody's Talking, Pacing the Cage, Uncle John's Band and a whole bunch of others.

I love Southern Cross and would really miss it if it were gone.

I also like Mac covers like Back Where I Come From and The City. They could play It's My Job at every show.

I'd like them to keep Southern Cross. Otherwise, with the others, put them in rotation and sing one per show. :D

Just please.... Never EVER do Trippin Billies again..... ever....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Posts: 39119
Joined: December 18, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by ragtopW »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Couldn't pick just one. No way.

Yellow Submarine wasn't my favorite but I think it was a nod to Peter's Beatles album, so I could live with it.

I no longer consider some of the older studio cuts like Banana Republics covers any more, although of course they are. I love Defying Gravity, Rhumba Man, Nothing But A Breeze, Everybody's Talking, Pacing the Cage, Uncle John's Band and a whole bunch of others.

I love Southern Cross and would really miss it if it were gone.

I also like Mac covers like Back Where I Come From and The City. They could play It's My Job at every show.

I'd like them to keep Southern Cross. Otherwise, with the others, put them in rotation and sing one per show. :D

Just please.... Never EVER do Trippin Billies again..... ever....

unless of course you pass out some orange sunshine to the crowd... the entire crowd this includes the Radio Margaritaville audience also

Tequila Revenge
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7634
Joined: February 16, 2005 7:07 pm
Favorite Boat Drink: cubra libre
Location: Living in a van down by the river

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by Tequila Revenge »

tigzoe wrote:I was just thinking about Scarlet Begonias earlier which is one of my favorite songs.
Bill Walton loved the way Jimmy covered Scarlet Begonia's at Bridge School Benefit concert in NO CAL-

The 62-year-old singer-songwriter, in his long-overdue Bridge debut, accomplished that task in fine fashion as he and his seven-piece Coral Reefer Band rolled out tender versions of "A Pirate Looks at Forty" and "Come Monday," as well as the tropical anthems "Volcano" and "Margaritaville." They also played a cover of the Grateful Dead's "Scarlet Begonias," which the most-famous Deadhead in attendance, basketball great Bill Walton, dubbed as "excellent."

I like Scarlet B too. I've never seen or heard, "Another Saturday Night," in concert but saw the rehearsal on one of the Buffett videos. I thought he did that song well.
got to stop wishin' got to start fishin'....

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76378
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Tequila Revenge wrote:
tigzoe wrote:I was just thinking about Scarlet Begonias earlier which is one of my favorite songs.
Bill Walton loved the way Jimmy covered Scarlet Begonia's at Bridge School Benefit concert in NO CAL-

The 62-year-old singer-songwriter, in his long-overdue Bridge debut, accomplished that task in fine fashion as he and his seven-piece Coral Reefer Band rolled out tender versions of "A Pirate Looks at Forty" and "Come Monday," as well as the tropical anthems "Volcano" and "Margaritaville." They also played a cover of the Grateful Dead's "Scarlet Begonias," which the most-famous Deadhead in attendance, basketball great Bill Walton, dubbed as "excellent."

I like Scarlet B too. I've never seen or heard, "Another Saturday Night," in concert but saw the rehearsal on one of the Buffett videos. I thought he did that song well.
I didn't like Scarlet Begonias at first. It had to grow on me. But it did, and now it's one of my favorite covers.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5385
Joined: April 14, 2012 10:29 am
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt
Location: The Boondocks

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian (john Prine) Highlarious
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21463
Joined: February 5, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy
Location: Plowin' straight ahead, come what may

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by Wino you know »

Another Saturday Night.

orangebowlqueen
I have found me a home
Posts: 116
Joined: March 6, 2015 11:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks
Location: (Don't Hate) the 918!!

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by orangebowlqueen »

Scarlet Begonias for sure.

I love Southern Cross, but I'll always prefer the original.

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5385
Joined: April 14, 2012 10:29 am
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt
Location: The Boondocks

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Scarlet Begonias b/c Peter is so awesome on the guitar
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Posts: 23767
Joined: August 30, 2002 12:13 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!
Location: location location

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by Tiki Bar »

Banana Republics
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

finsfan2
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 53
Joined: May 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Location: Floridays

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by finsfan2 »

Southern Cross without a doubt. I think JBs version is better than the original.

I would say Banana Republic if he played it more or made it a core song.
Fins to the left; Fins to the Right
Your the only bait in town

Girls, girls, girls
Ain't nothin' like them in the whole wide world.
So damn smart and cute,
And it's amazing what they pass off as a bathing suit.

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4259
Joined: August 7, 2006 9:40 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale
Location: Lower Uncton, MD
Contact:

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I'd say God's Own Drunk, which I consider a cover. I've never heard it live and it's high on my wishlist.
Image
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 36
Joined: March 6, 2008 1:20 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice
Location: Trinity, FL

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by requiem960 »

Would kill to hear Treetop Fliers!

All the Ways I Want You would be a great song to incorporate into his perennial sets list.

However, out of everything he covers. Nothing beats hearing Another Saturday Night on his Saturday night shows.

So, Tuesdays and Thursdays, cover All the Ways I Want You and on Saturdays, cover Another Saturday Night.

I would also kill to never hear Brown Eyed Girl at another concert. Holy smokes, that is my favorite song to take a bathroom break!

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1577
Joined: March 22, 2012 6:13 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by FinsUp6835 »

requiem960 wrote:Would kill to hear Treetop Fliers!

All the Ways I Want You would be a great song to incorporate into his perennial sets list.

However, out of everything he covers. Nothing beats hearing Another Saturday Night on his Saturday night shows.

So, Tuesdays and Thursdays, cover All the Ways I Want You and on Saturdays, cover Another Saturday Night.

I would also kill to never hear Brown Eyed Girl at another concert. Holy smokes, that is my favorite song to take a bathroom break!

Jimmy doesn't seem Brown Eyed Girl as a cover. It def. is but he recorded it on OPH album.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

cm22lmr
I have found me a home
Posts: 105
Joined: October 12, 2008 3:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Lone Palm"
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Irish whiskey
Location: The Windmills Of My Mind
Contact:

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by cm22lmr »

Wildflowers!!

PetalMel
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1956
Joined: August 15, 2003 9:18 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum
Location: Margaritaville, MI

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by PetalMel »

tigzoe wrote:I was just thinking about Scarlet Begonias earlier which is one of my favorite songs.

One of mine as well.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Image

PetalMel
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1956
Joined: August 15, 2003 9:18 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum
Location: Margaritaville, MI

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by PetalMel »

FunkHouse9 wrote:I'd say God's Own Drunk, which I consider a cover. I've never heard it live and it's high on my wishlist.


I see a petition and campaign in our future.....It worked for Nautical Wheelers.....
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Image

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5385
Joined: April 14, 2012 10:29 am
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt
Location: The Boondocks

Re: If you could keep one cover song.

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Medley -- Free and Into the Mystic
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

Post Reply