Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

12.04.10 - Austin TX - Andy Roddick Foundation

Post by phjim »

The Hilton in Austin TX
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
5th annual Andy Roddick Foundation Charity Gala
December 4th, 2010

The set list was as follows (Will Kimbrough played the entire concert with Jimmy and the Reefers):
Piece of Work
License to Chill
Five O'Clock Somewhere
Pencil Thin Mustache
Volcano
Come Monday
Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Use Me (with John Legend)
One Particular Harbor
Surfing in a Hurricane
Southern Cross
A Pirate Looks at Forty
Fins (this was originally supposed to be after Margaritaville but the audience requested the song and Jimmy complied)
Margaritaville
Encore: Brown Eyed Girl

From Cmptrman: I had the pleasure of attending the Buffett show in Austin, TX last night (12/4/2010). For those who were not aware, the Andy Roddick Foundation invited Jimmy to play at their annual gala to raise money for underprivileged and abused children.

Andy Roddick, John Legend, Will Kimbrough, Jimmy and the Coral Reefers took part in what turned out to be a simply amazing evening. I was fortunate enough to be able to meet Jimmy prior to the show. Although I was not able to take my own photos during the meet and greet, Jimmy's folks took a photo and promised the photo early next week. I was also fortunate enough to grab a spot in the front "row" of the ballroom where the concert took place, directly in front of Jimmy and about 2 feet from the stage.

What a great, great, great evening for a fantastic cause. The memories of this evening will last a lifetime.

whereisdave
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Several to choose from
Number of Concerts: 41

Re: 12.04.10 - Austin TX - Andy Roddick Foundation

Post by whereisdave »

I was in the front row as well, for the first time ever at a Buffett show (managed second row at St. Barts last year)! That is until Andy and his supermodel wife Brooklyn stood in the security space right in front of me...totally made me feel like I was in the VIP section.

Also had a chance to meet Nadira after the show, and later learned she is from San Antonio, which is only an hour away from Austin. She was a really nice, fun person as you would expect.

It was nice to have a ten minute walk from my place to the show too. It was well worth the investment, I was smiling all night.
Attachments
AustinBuffett-584.JPG
AustinBuffett-584.JPG (221.53 KiB) Viewed 6418 times
AustinBuffett-557.JPG
AustinBuffett-557.JPG (207.07 KiB) Viewed 6416 times
'88- Bayfront Park
'89- Miami (got to meet Jimmy!)
'91- Gainesville
'94- Tallassee
'98- Charlotte, Jones Beach
'01- Houston
'07- Honolulu
'08- Frisco
'09- Frisco, St. Bart
'10- Sunrise, Houston, Frisco, Paris, Las Vegas, Austin, New Orleans, Houston

Summerlover
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Re: 12.04.10 - Austin TX - Andy Roddick Foundation

Post by Summerlover »

Nice pictures Dave. Looks like it was a great time. Your smile says it all.

Hey we had front and center in St Barth. Once you have the front it is hard to go to the back, but I will share with others so they too can experience the thrill. I still reflect on that trip and the new friends we made from BN.

It was my first look baby that's all it took