Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

06.28.2014 - Chicago, IL

Set lists from the 2014 tour (This One’s For You)

Moderators: SMLCHNG, balcony girls

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 06.28.2014 - Chicago, IL

Post by SunLover » June 29, 2014 1:34 am

ejr wrote:OK, I know he didn't tonight, but has he said anything like "see you next year" at the shows on this tour? I know we get the "Not yet" but I don't remember references to next year at all.
Challenge accepted.

I pulled the encore songs that he has done so far this year. I checked the end of each song since that is most likely when he would say "see you next year". Didn't find any occurrence of that. Mainly just the "good night", "drive home safe", "have a great summer", etc. While editing the shows, I don't recall him saying it within any of the shows.

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know » June 29, 2014 1:39 am

As he was doing "Lovely Cruise" at the end, during the song, the bandmembers one by one left the stage until it was just Jimmy.
Then after he finished, like the other venues, all the band came out and waved goodbye with Jimmy.
This has me more convinced than ever that I'll be spending my leisure time next summer at Lake MacBride with my fishing pole.
And yes, I hope I'm wrong.

SunLover

Post by SunLover » June 29, 2014 1:55 am

Wino you know wrote:As he was doing "Lovely Cruise" at the end, during the song, the bandmembers one by one left the stage until it was just Jimmy.
Then after he finished, like the other venues, all the band came out and waved goodbye with Jimmy.
This has me more convinced than ever that I'll be spending my leisure time next summer at Lake MacBride with my fishing pole.
As I've said before, closing with Lovely Cruise plus the one at a time CRB exit, then the curtain call by the band gives it a "last show" kind of feel.

rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice

Post by rmissbrook » June 29, 2014 2:45 am

Just got home from Chicago and had a great time with my two "Buffett Virgins." No matter how stale some songs seem when listening at home, the atmosphere at a live performance always revitalizes them for me. And yes I do wish that he would do more of his original songs and fewer of some others. But I still love just being in the whole ambiance of a Jimmy Buffett concert no matter what he plays.

But where was John Lovell tonight. The sound quality at this venue is not the greatest and Jimmy said something about John when he was introducing the band that I could not make out. I missed seeing John on the bandstand.

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

SunLover

Post by SunLover » June 29, 2014 3:22 am

rmissbrook wrote:Just got home from Chicago and had a great time with my two "Buffett Virgins." No matter how stale some songs seem when listening at home, the atmosphere at a live performance always revitalizes them for me. And yes I do wish that he would do more of his original songs and fewer of some others. But I still love just being in the whole ambiance of a Jimmy Buffett concert no matter what he plays.

But where was John Lovell tonight. The sound quality at this venue is not the greatest and Jimmy said something about John when he was introducing the band that I could not make out. I missed seeing John on the bandstand.
I agree that you get the whole experience being at the show vs listening or watching online. That's the best way to have fun with the show.

John has missed the past couple shows prior to tonight. Jimmy's comment tonight was "John Lovell will see you on the 5th of July" for the West VA State Fair Golf Tournament.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 29, 2014 8:41 am

SunLover wrote:
Wino you know wrote:As he was doing "Lovely Cruise" at the end, during the song, the bandmembers one by one left the stage until it was just Jimmy.
As I've said before, closing with Lovely Cruise plus the one at a time CRB exit, then the curtain call by the band gives it a "last show" kind of feel.
that coupled with no comments like "see you next year", the title of the show and the sort of retro feel to the opening video all leave me to suspect this is the last tour.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 29, 2014 8:42 am

SunLover wrote:
ejr wrote:OK, I know he didn't tonight, but has he said anything like "see you next year" at the shows on this tour? I know we get the "Not yet" but I don't remember references to next year at all.
Challenge accepted.

I pulled the encore songs that he has done so far this year. I checked the end of each song since that is most likely when he would say "see you next year". Didn't find any occurrence of that. Mainly just the "good night", "drive home safe", "have a great summer", etc. While editing the shows, I don't recall him saying it within any of the shows.
thanks for checking as I suspected you might!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know » June 29, 2014 11:21 am

Only thing I AM certain of is the fact in Frisco he said emphatically that he is NOT retiring.
But I can't help but wonder if he meant he's not retiring THIS year.
Sorry to be a pessimist, but all the signs are there.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » June 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Wino you know wrote:Only thing I AM certain of is the fact in Frisco he said emphatically that he is NOT retiring.
and that is why I am not swayed by "Not yet" which could simply mean there is more to this tour.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj » June 29, 2014 3:05 pm

ejr wrote:
Wino you know wrote:Only thing I AM certain of is the fact in Frisco he said emphatically that he is NOT retiring.
and that is why I am not swayed by "Not yet" which could simply mean there is more to this tour.

and yet you all forget he said at the one Texas show he wasn't retiring like George strait. This isn't the first tour he's closed with lovely cruise you know.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona » July 5, 2014 7:22 am

SunLover wrote:
True........but it's not a new concept. Springsteen & the E Street Band have done this for a number of tours....& they're still kicking.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image