08.09.2018 - Boston, MA

Set Lists from the 2018 Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: 08.09.2018 - Boston, MA

Post by FinsUp6835 »

It was a good show and Jimmy seemed pumped.

I would be disappointed if I went to Mansfield last year then Fenway this year. It was pretty much the same encore. I’m surprised he didn’t finish solo acoustic at Fenway
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

So didn't read anything here about any "Great Woods" shout out for next year.
Is that a true statement?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
jimsig
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by jimsig »

Dr.Corona wrote: August 10, 2018 9:37 am So didn't read anything here about any "Great Woods" shout out for next year.
I can't remember him giving a GW shout out. Will have to listen to the replay to see if I missed one.
Jim
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

jimsig wrote: August 10, 2018 9:46 am
Dr.Corona wrote: August 10, 2018 9:37 am So didn't read anything here about any "Great Woods" shout out for next year.
I can't remember him giving a GW shout out. Will have to listen to the replay to see if I missed one.
I didn't hear one. Just a Don Law mention.
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: August 10, 2018 7:43 am It was a good show and Jimmy seemed pumped.

I would be disappointed if I went to Mansfield last year then Fenway this year. It was pretty much the same encore. I’m surprised he didn’t finish solo acoustic at Fenway
Agreed on all points. As a huge fan of the solo acoustic encores, I was very disappointed to check the set list last night in my home area of New England and not see one. I had very high hopes, and we weren't even going. I know we cant always expect something like West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown from Cinci or Pirate on the pitchers mound at Wrigley, but come on.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 10, 2018 12:14 pm
FinsUp6835 wrote: August 10, 2018 7:43 am It was a good show and Jimmy seemed pumped.

Agreed on all points. As a huge fan of the solo acoustic encores, I was very disappointed to check the set list last night in my home area of New England and not see one. I had very high hopes, and we weren't even going. I know we cant always expect something like West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown from Cinci or Pirate on the pitchers mound at Wrigley, but come on.
I thought he would of done something from either the Pitchers Mound or up on the Green Monster. I also thought we would get a Dead song since it was i think 42 years ago Jerry Garcia passed.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

TommyBahama wrote: August 10, 2018 1:31 pm

I thought he would of done something from either the Pitchers Mound or up on the Green Monster. I also thought we would get a Dead song since it was i think 42 years ago Jerry Garcia passed.

Yeah. I would also love to know what happened with some of the camera work towards the end of the show on mville tv lol
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

FinsUp6835 wrote: August 10, 2018 8:05 pm
TommyBahama wrote: August 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah. I would also love to know what happened with some of the camera work towards the end of the show on mville tv lol
On the Margaritaville Youtube page where the concert was being video streamed someone from Margaritaville TV indicated that they lost camera switching control due to issue with rain that fell earlier in the day in Boston. This may also be the reason Radio Margaritaville had feed issues last night.